The USB2001EXT2 USB over Cat5/Cat6 Extender lets you extend a USB 2.0 connection over distances of up to 100-meters (330-feet), over standard Cat5 or Cat6 ethernet cabling.
Backward compatible with USB 1.x devices, the extender enables almost any kind of USB device to be placed at remote locations away from the host computer system.
With data bandwidth of up to 480 Mbps and no software installation required, the USB extender offers a fast, easy, and versatile solution for business or industrial applications with durable metal housing, an included surface-mounting bracket kit, and simple plug-and-play installation.
Plus, the extender provides up to the full 500 mA of power (with the use of an external power adapter at the remote end) allowing for greater compatibility with bus-powered USB devices.
Backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
• Secured environments where the host computer must be in a secure, inaccessible location from the the keyboard, mouse, camera or other USB input devices
• Industrial control environments where the host computer must be located away from interference or contamination
• Can be used with existing in-wall Cat5/Cat6 ethernet wiring, for extending USB connections between rooms
• Reduce cable clutter and the need for mid-point USB hubs/repeaters by running a single, easy-to-install Cat5/Cat6 cable
At A Glance:
• One USB 2.0 port over a single Cat5/Cat6 cable
• Maximum extension distance of up to 100m (330ft) over Cat5 or Cat6 cabling
• Rugged, metal enclosure with surface-mounting bracket kit included
• Hi-Speed USB 2.0 compliant, with support for data transfer rates up to 480 Mbps
• Up to 500mA of power per port, for USB bus-powered devices
• 8kV Contact and 16kV Air Electrical Static Discharge (ESD) protection
• No driver or software installation required
Find Similar Products
Find similar products with the same specifications as StarTech 1 Port USB 2.0 Extender over Cat5 or Cat6 - up to 330ft, Black . Please choose from the list below.