SSL Nucleus2 Dark DAW & Studio Controller
SSL Nucleus2 Dark, The Professional DAW And Studio Controller
to your specified address. |
Receive SMS with one-hour delivery window
Weekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Have your parcel delivered by DPD to your specified address. Receive SMS with one-hour delivery windowWeekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Collect from our Bolton store, BL6 6PE |
Order online, collect from our Bolton store (25-28 Enterprise Park, Middlebrook, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 6PE)
Nucleus2 is a unique proposition for the professional project studio with a perfect blend of advanced DAW control, transparent SuperAnalogueTM monitoring with talkback, SSL console grade mic pres, pro quality Dante audio interface and bundled SSL Native plug-ins. There is no other product available which offers the professional producer all of these elements, with benchmark audio performance and elegant ergonomics. Not only is it unique but Nucleus2 is also outstanding value; these elements bought separately would cost more and deliver a less elegant solution.
Nucleus2 is a compact, portable desktop unit that creates a comfortable, efficient, hands on operating environment for DAW based Music and Film/TV Post production. It provides everything you need to record and monitor audio and to control your DAW quickly and efficiently without resorting to your mouse. Nucleus2 streamlines your workflow and helps you focus on your sound, not your screen.
Nucleus2 offers a unique combination of audio capabilities.
At its foundation is a SSL SuperAnalogueTM signal path providing benchmark audio quality monitor output to “main” and “alternate’ speaker sets via +4dBu connections. A high quality 2+2 Ch Dante audio interface provides a record and playback path for your DAW or connectivity to a wider Dante IP audio network. Two Combi XLR mic/line/instrument level inputs can feed the audio interface and the monitor outputs simultaneously. Digital I/O via S/PDIF feeds the AD/DA of the audio interface (pre insert) enabling both a "digital to DAW" record path and a "mic/line/instrument to digital" output path.
The Digital input can use Ch 3&4 of the audio interface so can be recorded to separate channels in your DAW in parallel to the incoming analogue mic/line/instrument inputs. A wet/dry control enables balancing of analogue (and digital) input and DAW playback for zero latency record monitoring. With Nucleus2 we have added a talkback input that feeds the headphones, and triggers a switchable -20dB DIM in the monitor outputs. This input has an adjustable gain, and can be switched to feed input 2 of the Dante soundcard for remote communications over the network. The Nucleus2 mic pre's are SSL SuperAnalogue Mic Pre's, identical to those used on SSL Duality and AWS consoles and our X-Rack system giving Nucleus2 a professional standard transparent mic record path.
The mic inputs have 80Hz High Pass Filters, Polarity Reverse and Phantom Power. A pair of insert send/return connections for incorporation of external analogue processing or effects default to the mic/line/instrument inputs but can be moved across to DAW playback for mixdown. An additional "external" stereo analogue input provides a transparent SuperAnalogue monitor path for another audio interface, or any other analogue device. There is an accurate analogue output level meter. A stereo minijack connection makes monitoring from an iPod or any other portable audio device straightforward. Two headphone outputs complete the monitoring options.
Nucleus2 DAW Control is based on the concepts developed for the SSL Matrix
Up to 3 different DAWs can be connected simultaneously and you can switch between them with a single button push. Nucleus2 uses either HUI or MCU protocols ensuring compatibility with all leading DAW applications including Pro Tools, Logic and Cubase/Nuendo and can transmit MIDI CC data. Nucleus2 provides a complete set of dedicated and assignable hardware controls that is easily customised to suit individual user preferences, for all major DAW and plug-in parameters. Two banks of eight channels each provide; 100mm motorised Faders, fully user definable soft keys and V-Pots, dedicated Select/Solo/Cut buttons and 10 point channel level meters.
The Nucleus2 centre section DAW controls provide; large heavy duty transport buttons, a high quality jog/shuttle wheel, bank/channel/ layer selection & navigation/global DAW parameter selection and additional USB keyboard emulation buttons. Bright LCD Digital Scribble Strips, DAW audio level meters, self illuminating buttons and LED status indicators ensure excellent visual feedback even in low light conditions. System configuration is via a remote "SSL Logictivity" browser, which allows differing control profile sets to be stored and recalled. It is here that the user defines exactly how the Nucleus2 behaves.
Nucleus2 connects to your computer via high speed Ethernet for DAW control and Dante Audio.
It also features a USB connection and appears to your host computer as a standard keyboard enabling key command emulation. There are three USB ports on the back which operate as a USB hub. A standard jack footswitch connection is also included and there is also an SD card slot for Profile storage. Configuration and mapping of Key commands and DAW Commands is via a remote "SSL Logicitivity" browser, which allows differing control profile sets to be stored and recalled.
We could have stopped there but because we can, we chose to endow Nucleus2 with one final killer feature; it includes the SSL Native Essentials Bundle. This includes the new SSL Native versions of the SSL Channel EQ & Dynamics and Stereo Bus Compressor VST/AU/AAX plug-ins. The EQ & Dynamics Channel is the classic SSL Console Channel Strip with 4 band parametric EQ, Compressor/Expander/Gate, High Pass and Low Pass filters. The SSL Native Bus Compressor is the sound of the classic SSL Stereo Bus Compressor from the 1980's G Series analogue console delivered in plug-in form.
Features • Ethernet connected DAW Controller for professional project studios
• Compatible with ProTools, Logic, Cubase/Nuendo and all major DAW applications
• Switch between 3 connected DAW's with a single button press
• Two banks of 8 channel controls plus centre section controls
• Touch sensitive 100mm motorised faders
• Digital Scribble Strips with assignable V-Pots and soft keys
• Completely user customisable DAW & Key Command mapping
• Remote Logictivity Browser for effortless configuration
• SD card for non volatile project storage
• Large heavy duty transport buttons and high quality jog/shuttle wheel
• Excellent visual feedback via self illuminating buttons, LED's and DAW Level Metering
• A unique audio nerve centre for your project studio
• Benchmark SuperAnalogueTM quality output to 2 stereo sets of +4dBu monitor outputs
• High quality Dante audio interface (44.1kHz – 96kHz, 24 Bit) over ethernet
• Two Combi XLR mic/line/instrument level inputs to audio interface and monitor outputs
• Digital S/PDIF I/O to the AD/DA of the audio interface
• Zero latency Rec monitoring with wet/dry control to balance input and DAW playback
• SSL SuperAnalogueTM Mic Pre's, identical to those used on SSL Duality and AWS consoles
• Mic inputs have 80Hz High Pass Filters, Phase Reverse and Phantom Power
• Insert send/return connections switched between inputs and DAW playback for mixdown
• Additional "external" SuperAnalogueTM input monitor path for another audio interface
• Talkback input path with switchable -20dB monitor DIM and adjustable gain. Can be switched to feed input 2 of the Dante soundcard for remote comms over the network
• Two headphone outputs and one iJack monitor input
• Standard 1/4" Jack footswitch connection
• Three USB sockets for use as a 3 port USB hub
• Dual Ethernet ports for incorporating additional Dante devices into your studio
|Frequency Response (Input)||N/A|
|Frequency Response (Output)||N/A|
|Maximum Input Level||N/A|
|Maximum Output Level|
|Model Number||Nucleus 2|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 12 months
- Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- RTB Period:
- 12 months
- Scan Computers International Limited