Add Fast Gigabit Ethernet and SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Connectivity to Your Computer With One Adapter
Do you need to connect high-speed USB 3.0 storage devices to your computer? What about getting connected to a wired network? Sonnet’s USB 3.0 + Gigabit Ethernet Thunderbolt Adapter provides you a simple, economical way to connect one USB 3.0 device, and to add a Gigabit Ethernet interface to any Mac® with a Thunderbolt 2 or Thunderbolt port, or Windows® computer with Thunderbolt 2 ports. Featuring 10Gbps Thunderbolt technology, this compact adapter connects directly to your computer or at the end of a Thunderbolt device chain with its built-in Thunderbolt cable to enable fast data transfers between your drives, computer, and network.
USB 3.0 for Fast Performance and Common Connectivity
Most drives available today include USB 3.0 interfaces. Although you can connect them to the USB 2.0 ports on your computer, their performance would be reduced by as much as 85 percent! This useful adapter offers native USB 3.0 support to ensure great performance from the fast drives you connect, enabling data transfers at up to 350 MB/s. Need to connect more than one drive? It works with multi-drive enclosures(1) with hardware raid controllers, too. This adapter also supports hubs and other USB 3.0 devices, and is backward compatible with USB 2.0 devices(2). If your computer already has USB 3.0 onboard, this adapter provides another handy port.
Gigabit Ethernet for Fast Wired Networking
With the introduction of new, thinner, lighter computers, manufacturers continue to remove ports that were once standard, including the RJ-45 connector for Ethernet, the standard wired networking interface. For many users, this leaves a connectivity gap. Connecting to a network via WiFi isn’t always desirable or practical, and may not be an option where only a wired network connection is available. Sonnet’s USB 3.0 + Gigabit Ethernet Thunderbolt Adapter instantly bridges the gap left by the missing onboard port, plugging in between your computer’s Thunderbolt port and the RJ-45 network connection, and enabling file access and sharing at up to 1 Gb/s.
This Sonnet adapter supports 1000/100/10BaseT auto-negotiation and full/half duplex communication, enabling it to easily connect with most networks at the highest performance transmission mode supported. It also supports jumbo packet transfers (9000 byte packets compared to 1500 byte standard packets) to provide higher performance and reduced overhead when transferring large files. Handy LEDs indicate network activity and link speeds at a glance.
Simple to Set Up, Simple to Use
When used with a Mac computer, the USB 3.0 + Gigabit Ethernet Thunderbolt Adapter requires no driver installation—the necessary drivers are already installed—just plug it into your computer and it works. When connected to a Windows PC, a simple Ethernet driver download and installation is all that’s required to get you going. Setup is simple—configure the adapter settings through the OS X® Network control panel or Windows® Device Manager.
This device is bus-powered, so there’s no need to connect an AC power adapter, making it perfect for use anywhere. Wherever you use it, the Sonnet USB 3.0 + Gigabit Ethernet Thunderbolt Adapteris a simple and cost-effective solution that enables you to connect your USB 3.0 peripheral and get connected to a wired network at the same time, without hassle.
• Adds Two High-Throughput Interfaces With One Adapter - Connects one 5.0 Gb/s USB 3.0 port and one Gigabit Ethernet (RJ-45) port to computers with Thunderbolt ports
• 10 Gbps Thunderbolt interface - Enables fast data transfers between drives and computer
• Built-in Thunderbolt Cable - Flexible 5" (125 mm) Thunderbolt cable connects directly to your computer or at the end of a Thunderbolt daisy chain
• Supports Multi-Drive Enclosures - USB port support drive enclosures with hardware RAID controllers
• Broad USB 3.0 Device Support & Compatibility - Supports storage, hubs, and other USB-IF compliant USB 3.0 devices; compatible with USB 2.0 devices
• Adds RJ-45 Gigabit Ethernet - Simple way to add RJ-45 Gigabit Ethernet connectivity to any compatible computer
• 1000/100/10Base-T Auto Negotiation - Configures to highest performance transmission mode supported
• Supports Jumbo Packet Transfers - Transfer large amount of data with less effort
• Bus-powered Operation - No AC power adapter required