Sonnet Technologies Presto Gigabit PCIe Server 2-Port Gigabit Ethernet Card
Whether you need to add more Gigabit Ethernet ports to your server for improved performance and reliability or the ability to connect your computer to more networks, get a Sonnet Presto™ Gigabit PCIe Server dual-port Gigabit Ethernet adapter card for PCI Express for an advanced networking solution! This 4-lane (x4) PCI Express card supports link aggregation on its own and with your computer’s onboard Gigabit Ethernet ports and full duplex communication to achieve up to 2000 Mbps and faster transfer rates—the ideal solution for high-bandwidth data transfer requirements. Presto Gigabit Ethernet Server PCIe also supports 9000 byte jumbo packet transfers (compared to 1500 byte standard packets) to support higher performance and reduced overhead when transferring large files.
Should a cable get unplugged or a port fail, Presto Gigabit Server PCIe provides transparent failover protection, so your computer remains connected to the network.
Presto Gigabit Server PCIe supports gigabit speeds over common CAT-5 cabling, so costly cable replacement is unnecessary. If your computer already has onboard Gigabit Ethernet, you can add a Presto Gigabit Server PCIe and use it for dedicated connection to a printer, AirPort® Extreme base station, DSL or cable modem, or a video server, while leaving your onboard Gigabit Ethernet port(s) available for other connections.
Presto Gigabit Server PCIe is compatible in Mac Pro®, and Power Mac® G5 & Xserve & PCs and servers with a PCI Express (PCIe) slot. Offering simple configuration, this Sonnet card is easy to use, and its support for 1000/100/10BaseT auto-negotiation and full/half duplex communication enable it to be used in most networks.
• Link aggregation not supported by Windows Vista or Mac OS X..
• Not compatible with Mac Pro 1,1. Features • Simple way to add or expand Gigabit Ethernet connectivity to any compatible computer
• Supports gigabit speeds on common CAT-5 cabling - no need for costly cable replacement
• Supports link aggregation with onboard Gigabit Ethernet ports
• Full/half duplex
• 1000/100/10BaseT auto-negotiation
• Plug and play installation in Mac computers
• Native PCI Express (PCIe) x1 host bus interface
• Mac Pro® tower (with card slots)
• Xserve® (with PCIe slots)
• OS X® 10.5.8+
• macOS Sierra compatible
• PC (with PCIe x4 slots)
• PC server (with PCIe x4 slots)
• Windows® 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP (SP2)
• Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008 R2, 2008, 2003
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
Warranty information has not yet been updated for this product. For further information please call 0871 472 4747 or 01204 474747.