Sonnet's testing has shown that the DX800 8-bay RAID array with an ExpressSAS R680 adapter card outperforms Thunderbolt equivalent storage systems in the real world.
Because of its interface overhead, Thunderbolt does not achieve its 1GB/s theoretical potential. As an 8-bay solution for PCs and MacPros, the DX800 Raid is currently faster then any Thunderbolt solution, exceeding 1GB/s read / write speeds in Sonnet's tests.
• High Performance with Easy, Economic Expandability
• A single Fusion DX800RAID system with eight 1TB drives (configured as RAID 5) delivers up to 680 MB/sec read, 640 MB/sec write data transfers; greater performance possible with additional Fusion DX800RAID systems connected
• Internal SAS expander enables you to connect up to 16 DX800RAID enclosures to a single Sonnet RAID controller card
• Failsafe File Protection
• Fusion DX800RAID supports RAID levels 4, 5, and 6 to protect data in case of a drive failure (two drives with RAID 6) while maintaining great performance
• Monitored Operation
• SES (SCSI Enclosure Services) and S.M.A.R.T. data reporting provide realtime monitoring of the enclosure and drives
• Better Windows Support
• Overcomes volume size limit in Windows to fully support volumes larger than 2TB
• Complete storage system includes enclosure, RAID controller card, drive modules, cables, and software; expansion storage system includes enclosure, drive modules, and power cable
• 4TB, 6TB, or 8TB configurations; Enterprise/RAID Edition drives(1)
• Universal 100-240V, 50/60Hz power supply
• Drive Activity, Drive Presence, Power, SES, and Link LED indicators
• Quiet fan
Find Similar Products
Find similar products with the same specifications as Sonnet DX800RAID 8-Drive SATA Storage System with Internal SAS Expander . Please choose from the list below.