SilverStone SST-ECM24 M.2 to PCI-E Express Card X4
SilverStone ECM24 SuperSpeed PCI-E Express Card X4 to M.2 (NVMe SSD NGFF), Aluminium Heatsink and Thermal Pad
By DPD On 14th Apr To 20th Apr
to your specified address. |
Receive SMS with one-hour delivery window
Weekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Have your parcel delivered by DPD to your specified address. Receive SMS with one-hour delivery windowWeekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Collect from our Bolton store, BL6 6PE |
Order online, collect from our Bolton store (25-28 Enterprise Park, Middlebrook, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 6PE)
UPS and DPD Pickup Pickup from local convenience store |
Collect your parcel from your newsagents, petrol stations and convenience stores
Protect against installation damage for 28 days.
ScanProtect is an enhanced warranty specifically designed and offered by Scan to reduce the risk of any mishap or damage to components during installation.
Our aim with ScanProtect is to encourage our customers to upgrade or build their own PC confidently. For a small additional fee our customers are provided with complete peace of mind.
- 48HR REPLACEMENT If you need to return this item, your replacement will be dispatched within 2 working days of your product arriving back at Scan. More info
A Speedy Expansion
SilverStone’s ECM24 is an adapter card designed for users wanting to utilise or add speedy M.2 devices such as SSD onto their existing PC or motherboard. ECM24 supports M.2 device (M key) to run via the super fast PCIe interface for added storage potential. It also includes an aluminium heatsink to enhance cooling and protect installed M.2 device. For users looking to expand their M.2 slots with fastest interface possible, the ECM24 is a must have.
There are three types of M.2 SSDs, please make sure you know the difference between them and whether your system/motherboard support them before pairing these with your SilverStone product.
• Converts one M.2 port (M key) into one PCIe x4 interface.
• Includes aluminum heatsink and thermal pad for enhanced M.2 SSD cooling.
• Exposed copper inlays efficiently cool installed M.2 SSD for consistently high performance.
• Supports 2230,2242,2260 and 2280 length M.2 SSD.
• Includes optional Low-profile expansion slot.
• No driver installation required.
Sata (B key) (Not Supported)
Used for SATA SSDs, and interfaced through the AHCI driver and SATA 3.0 (6 Gbit/s) port exposed through the M.2 connector.
PCI Express using AHCI (M key) (Supported )
Used for PCI Express SSDs and interfaced through the AHCI driver and provided PCI Express lanes, providing backward compatibility with widespread SATA support in operating systems at the cost of not delivering optimal performance by using AHCI for accessing PCI Express SSDs.
PCI Express using NVMe (M key) (Supported)
Used for PCI Express SSDs and interfaced through the NVMe driver and provided PCI Express lanes, as a high-performance and scalable host controller interface designed and optimised especially for interfacing with PCI Express SSDs. NVMe has been designed from the ground up, capitalising on the low latency and parallelism of PCI Express SSDs, and complementing the parallelism of contemporary CPUs, platforms and applications.
• LED indicator Power ON: Blue.
• Interface: PCI Express x 4.
• Toggle switch LED: ON/OFF.
• SSD Interface: M.2 (NGFF).
• Module Key: PCIe x 4 NVMe-based M key.
• Operating system support: Microsoft Windows 7 (32bit/64bit), 8/8.1/10 (32bit/64bit) or future release version, Mac OS 10.2.8 or above, Linux.
• Support Length of M.2 SSD: 30mm, 42mm, 60mm, 80mm.
• Net Weight and dimensions of the heatsink with PCB: 121mm (W) x 20mm (H) x 130mm (D), 110g.
• Heatsink with PCB:4.76" (W) x 0.79" (H) x 5.12" (D), 110g.
• Thermal Pad.
• Thermal conductivity: 1.5W/m.k.
• Operating temperature: -40 °C ~ 180 °C.
• Thermal pad thickness: 0.75mm, 1mm, 1.5mm, 1.75mm.
• Net weight and dimensions of Blue Pad 1: 70 mm (W) x 1 mm (H) x 20mm (D), 3.2g.
• Blue Pad 2: 70 mm (W) x 1.5 mm (H) x 20mm (D), 4.61g.
• Gray Pad 1: 70 mm (W) x 0.75 mm (H) x 20mm (D), 2.53g.
• Gray Pad 2:7 0 mm (W) x 1.75 mm (H) x 20mm (D), 5.52g.
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 24 months
- Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 14 days
- RTB Period:
- 24 months
- Scan Computers
- 0871 472 4747
Date Issued: 27th Nov 2017
The arrival of the solid-state drive (SSD) has revolutionised the speed at which modern PCs perform common tasks. This is because SSDs have no moving parts, compared to larger, bulkier mechanical drives, thus they store information on memory chips. This means that accesses, reads and writes are many, many times faster
Date Issued: 7th May 2010
Solid-state drives (SSDs) are fast becoming the must-have PC components of 2010. Serving as primary storage space for high-end computers, SSD's super-fast transfer rates and near-instant accesses offer genuine advantages over traditional spindle-based magnetic drives.
Date Issued: 20th Oct 2008
A motherboard’s main job is to act as a conduit between the various hardware elements that make up a PC. It needs to be able to link the desired CPU(s), system memory, graphics card, hard drive(s), and add-in cards and enable them to work in harmony.