The first and only instrument for the Producer DJ
The DJ-808 is a state-of-the-art DJ controller with a 4-channel mixer, built-in drum sequencing, vocal processing, and the deepest Serato DJ integration available. Going way beyond a typical DJ controller, the DJ-808 is an instrument, with a Roland "TR-S" drum machine that contains the world's most iconic drum sounds and can even control the Serato Sampler within Serato DJ. The VT Voice Transformer can pitch your voice to match the key of your Serato DJ tracks, while two AIRA Link ports let you connect compatible synths and electronic gadgets, and produce a live remix, with just a simple USB cable. Sound quality is high-end and the hardware is built tough yet easy to carry-ready for inspired sets that push the boundaries of what it means to DJ.
World-class software meets world-class hardware
With the DJ-808, Serato and Roland bring the best of software and hardware together into a single instrument that ushers in a new era of DJ'ing. It melds the supreme power of Serato DJ software with the genre-defining sound and precise engineering of Roland hardware. Decades of combined expertise give today's producers and DJs state-of-the-art tools and innovative features that open up a new world of creative options, both on stage and in the studio.
Legendary TR drum sounds and sequencing
From the TR-909's unmistakable hi-hats to the wall-shaking boom of the TR-808, Roland TR drum machines have defined the sound of entire genres of dance music. Customize your beats on the fly and in the moment using the DJ-808's built-in TR drum machine with its iconic sounds and 16-step sequencer that stays in perfect sync with Serato DJ.
The integrated TR drum machine contains the Bass Drum, Snare Drum, Hi-Hats and Clap from the TR-808, TR-909, TR-707, and TR-606 drum machines-the rhythmic foundation of a lot of dance music. These sounds use Roland's acclaimed and award-winning Analog Circuit Behavior, faithfully replicating the original electronic circuitry of these influential rhythm boxes. It means you get all the thump and sizzle of the classic instruments, with dedicated knobs to control tuning, attack, and decay-putting a new twist on these legendary sounds.
In addition to the internal TR drum sounds, the TR-S sequencer can also trigger the new 8-slot Serato Sampler within Serato DJ. You can mix and match individual drum sounds, layer kicks and snares, and build drum parts limited only by your creativity.
Deep Serato DJ control
Careful design considerations in the Roland DJ-808 take full advantage of everything Serato DJ has to offer. Built-in DVS support (with the purchase of a Serato DVS license), dedicated loop control buttons, controls for Serato Flip, HOT CUE, FX, even Key Sync-it is all there. Key Sync and Loop functions get dedicated sections so you can quickly adjust the key or shift the loop for a particular deck. The design of every pad, slider and button is with performance in mind. This workflow feels familiar and yet new and exciting, all at the same time.
Cut, scratch and cue with the high-performance platters
The large, high-quality platters feel great and have the lowest latency of any DJ controller available. You get incredibly tight control over your music with super-fast scratches and cuts. The durable and responsive platters have integrated displays that clearly show playback status so you're always in control. You can even control two decks simultaneously from a single platter with dual deck mode.
Expand your DJ setup-on stage and in the studio
If you are a producer, a DJ, or both, the built-in connectivity for synths, turntables, microphones and more allows the DJ-808 to take your craft to a completely new level. Two AIRA link USB ports let you easily connect compatible Roland instruments and effects with a single USB
Equipped with both 1/8" (3.5mm) and 1/4" (6.35mm) headphones jacks, combo XLR input jacks, built-in phono pre-amp, solid build quality, and audiophile sound quality-it is arguably the most thoughtfully designed DJ controller ever built.
• Built-in Roland TR drum machine with 606, 707, 808, 909 kicks, snares, claps and hi-hats.
• Control the Serato Sampler with the TR-S sequencer.
• Built-in VT Voice Transformer with Pitch, Formant, Ducking and Serato key matching.
• Velocity sensitive RGB color pads for HOT CUE, ROLL, TR, SAMPLER and more.
• Large ultra-low-latency platters with integrated displays.
• 4 high-quality integrated Channel FX.
• Standalone professional 4 channel digital mixer.
• Connect external instruments via MIDI or AIRA Link USB and jam along with Serato DJ.
• 24bit/96kHz audio fidelity.
• Control two decks simultaneously with dual deck mode.
• 100mm pitch faders.
• Unlocks Serato DJ and comes with a Serato Pitch 'n Time DJ license.
• Connect turntables or CDJs with the purchase of a Serato DVS license.
• Sampling Frequency = 96 kHz, 48 kHz, 44.1 kHz
• A/D conversion: 24 bits
• D/A conversion: 32 bits
Nominal input level
• INPUT (1--4) (RCA phono type, LINE): -12 dBu
• INPUT (1, 2) (RCA phono type, PHONO): -39 dBu
• MIC IN (Combo type): -60 dBu
Nominal output level
• MASTER OUT 1: +6 dBu (balanced)
• MASTER OUT 2: +0 dBu
• BOOTH OUT: +6 dBu (balanced)
• 18 dB
• INPUT (1--4) (RCA phono type): 47 k ohms or greater
• MIC IN (Combo type): 7 k ohms or greater
• MASTER OUT 1: 600 ohms (balanced)
• MASTER OUT 2: 1 k ohm (unbalanced)
• BOOTH OUT: 600 ohms (balanced)
• PHONES: 44 ohms
• 96.0 kHz: 20 Hz--40 kHz (+0/-2 dB)
• 48.0 kHz: 20 Hz--22 kHz (+0/-2 dB)
• 44.1 kHz: 20 Hz--20 kHz (+0/-2 dB)
Residual noise level
• INPUT (1--4) --> MASTER OUTPUT 1: 83 dBu typ.
• (GAIN knob: min., input terminated with 1 k ohm, channel fader: max., IHF-A, typ.)
• MASTER OUT: 115 dB
• BOOTH OUT: 115 dB
• PHONES: 115 dB
• INPUT (1--4) jacks: RCA phono type
• MIC IN jack: Combo type (XLR, 1/4 inch TRS phone (balanced))
• MASTER OUT 1 jacks: XLR type (balanced)
• MASTER OUT 2 jacks: RCA phono type
• BOOTH OUT jacks: TRS phone type (balanced)
• PHONES jacks: stereo 1/4 inch phone type, miniature phone type
• USB Host ports: USB type A
• PC port: USB type B
• MIDI OUT connector
• DC IN jack
• PHONO GROUND terminal
• AC adaptor
• 2,000 mA
• 668 (W) x 427 (D) x 84 (H) mm
• 26-5/16 (W) x 16-13/16 (D) x 3-5/16 (H) inches
• 6.8 kg (excluding AC adaptor)
• 15 lbs
• Startup guide
• USB cable
• serato P'NT DJ EXPANSION PACK VOUCHER card
* 0 dBu = 0.775 Vrms
Find Similar Products
Find similar products with the same specifications as Roland DJ-808 Serato Dj Controller - Built-in TR Drum Machine + VT Voice Transformer, 100mm Pitch Faders . Please choose from the list below.