The Rane MP2015 is a no-compromise music-mixing performance instrument.
Control, sound, reliability and durability distinguish Rane’s new techno house club mixer for high-end audio systems.
Born from a legacy of rotary club mixers beginning in 1971 with Rudy Bozak’s CMA-10-2DL, on to 1982 and UREI’s 1620, then in 1999 Rane’s MP2016/XP2016 combo, and now in 2015, the MP2015 represents the next revival and evolution.
With over 40 years of rotary mixer experience to draw on, along with collaboration and input from the world’s best techno house DJs, the MP2015 is the best mixer produced by Rane—ever. There are no compromises in the design. It has the best sound, the best features, the best feel, and the best reliability and durability.
A world-class leader in performance, the MP2015 is designed for playback of High-Resolution Audio (HRA) 24-bit studio master quality sources. Its sonic signature has no equal, satisfying the most stringent vinyl purists. And the dynamics are perfect for DJs preferring the uncompressed sound of WAV and FLAC files.
Studio-Quality Phono Preamps, and S/PDIF for CDJs
The Phono-CD (or any line-level source) analog input stages feature gold RCA connectors and are true studio-quality preamplifiers providing EMI, RFI and transient overvoltage protection against ESD. The circuitry provides low noise, high gain-bandwidth, low harmonic distortion, fast slew rate and high output current. The phono RIAA filter accuracy measures +0.1/-0.2 dB from perfect. Included are 18 Hz high-pass infrasonic (rumble) filters with steep 18 dB/octave slopes and ultrasonic filters beginning rolloff at 50 kHz at a 12 dB/octave rate. A zero-distortion relay selects between CD and Phono operation.
Filters and EQ
Each of the four Input channels and the Submix channel feature a unique and exclusive three-position toggle selector-switch. Choose between LP (low-pass), HP (high-pass) or L-H (low-pass, high-pass combo). All have steep 24 dB/octave (4th-order) slopes and are sweepable.
In the LP position, the Filter knob sweeps the low-pass frequency from 20 Hz to 20 kHz (CW to CCW). The 12:00 middle position is 635 Hz.
In the HP position, the Filter knob sweeps the high-pass frequency from 20 Hz to 20 kHz (CCW to CW). The 12:00 middle position is 635 Hz.
In the L-H position, the Filter knob sweeps either the LP or HP filter depending upon rotation direction from center. The 12:00 middle position bypasses both filters giving a flat unaffected response. Rotating the knob from fully counterclockwise to center sweeps the LP filter from 20 Hz to 18 kHz. Rotating the knob from center to fully clockwise sweeps the HP filter from 35 Hz to 20 kHz.
The single Resonance (Q) knob controls the shape of all Input and Submix filters. The range is from flat (Q=0.707) to max peaking (Q=12).
These filters are high resolution, fast and artifact free, with all filter coefficients accurately calculated for the selected sample rate.
Channel Tone Controls
All input channels and the Submix channel have exceptional three-band tone controls characterized by being 12 dB/octave (2nd-order) Linkwitz-Riley, full-cut filters (kill) with selectable crossover points of 150 Hz/6.0 kHz or 300 Hz/3.0 kHz. The crossover points are selected in the user control panel when connected to a computer via one of the USB ports.
Like the Sweep Filters, the Tone Control filters are extremely accurate, high resolution, fast and artifact free, with all filter coefficients accurately calculated for the selected sample rate.
This unique input channel provides grouping any number of inputs for easy multi-source mixing. It allows one set of controls for all functions verses having to deal with multiple knobs and buttons on multiple channels. Plus this becomes another input simply by activating the SUB button found on the Session In section.
Isolator EQ Section
The proprietary three-band output Isolator is a steep 24 dB/octave (4th-order) phase-compensated Linkwitz-Riley design with continuously adjustable low-mid and mid-high crossover points. Like the Tone Controls, these filters are extremely accurate, high resolution, fast and artifact free, with all filter coefficients accurately calculated for the selected sample rate.
Dual USB Ports for Simple DJ Changeover
One of the biggest challenges of digital DJing has been seamlessly changing over from one DJ to the next and playing back-to-back DJ sets. With the dual USB architecture of the MP2015 mixer, changeover between digital DJs has never been easier. Different DJ or DAW software programs are not a problem. When two DJs are connected to the MP2015, they can quickly swap deck control between computers using the Source Select knobs. Any of the four inputs can be swapped back and forth with a simple knob twist. Nice and easy, just the way we intended.
Each port can stream 24 channels of low-latency 24-bit audio at 44.1, 48, or 96 kHz. Connect up to four turntables, four CD decks, or two of each.
Class Compliant Dual USB Ports
Dual USB ports provide simultaneous connection of two computers, enabling back-to-back sets between laptop DJs running different software without compromise or interruption—no easy feat.
The USB ports are 100% class compliant, allowing hook-up to any Mac OSx device without the need for an additional driver.
The included high-performance ASIO driver runs most Windows DAW and DJ software.
• Four Analog Deck Inputs: Each is Phono-CD-S/PDIF switchable
• Analog Stereo RCA jacks: Phono (RIAA) or CD (line-level)
• Phono Response: RIAA +0.1/-0.2 dB, Gain: 31 dB at 1 kHz, Butterworth 3rd-order Infrasonic (rumble) and 2nd-order Low-pass Filters
• Max Phono Input: 126 mV
• Max Line Input: 4 Vrms, all unbalanced inputs
• Analog Aux Input: Line Level, stereo unbalanced RCA jacks
Session Analog Input: Line Level, stereo unbalanced RCA jacks
• Deck Input S/PDIF RCA jacks: Input 16-bit or 24-bit PCM only
• Dynamic range of 128 dB with ultra low jitter and 16:1 SRC conversion range.
• Session S/PDIF Input / Output: RCA jacks (Dynamic range of 128 dB)
• Input 16-bit or 24-bit PCM only, sample Rate 16 kHz to 144 kHz
• 24-bit @ 44.1, 48, or 96 kHz
• 24-bit @ 44.1, 48, or 96 kHz
• Dynamic Range
• Digital/USB Input to Line Output: 116 dB A-weighted
• Line Input to Digital/USB Output: 116 dB A-weighted
• Line Input to Line Output: 113 dB A-weighted
Digital Signal Processing
• 32-bit floating point.
• Seven stereo record, Five stereo playback, Each Port, 24-bit PCM @ 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz or 96 kHz.
• Class-compliant, no driver needed for Mac OSX (10.7 to 10.10).
• ASIO driver provided for Windows 7-SP1, Windows 8 and 8.1.
• Stereo unbalanced ¼" TS (tip-sleeve) jacks, Send and Return.
• Balanced ¼" TRS & XLR combo jack with Mic / Line switch and +48V Phantom Power switch.
• Main is on balanced XLR jacks
• Booth is on balanced TRS 1/4" jacks
• Session is on unbalanced RCA line level or S/PDIF digital RCA jacks
• FlexFX Loop Send is unbalanced RCA jacks.
• Frequency Response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz ±0.25 dB
• Unbalanced jacks (Session & FlexFX): Max 4 Vrms
• Balanced jacks (Main & Booth): Max 8 Vrms
Internal Universal Power Supply
• 100 to 240 VAC, Max 20 W, 50 Hz to 60 Hz.
• 35.5 cm x 33.3 cm x 8.3 cm [14? H x 13.1? W x 4.3? D (includes knobs)]
• Weight: 5.7 kg or 12.6 lb.
Find Similar Products
Find similar products with the same specifications as Rane MP2015 Performance DJ Mixer, 4 Analog Deck Inputs, 24-bit 96 kHz, Dual USB, Flex FX, DSP . Please choose from the list below.