PreSonus Studio 192
The PreSonus Studio 192 is the first USB 3.0 audio interface to deliver exceptional sonic fidelity and flexible connectivity in addition to professional monitoring and mixing controls in a single rack-space. Whether you’re a producer or an audio engineer, an independent band or a sound designer, the Studio 192 was built for you to create.
Your studio Command Center.
The Studio 192 is designed to be the central hub for any project or professional studio. The onboard Talkback mic can be routed to any mix. Onboard Dim and Mono options let you take control of your Main mix. Listen to any mix from either headphone amp. Use the ten balanced outputs for monitor mixing, speaker switching, or both, depending on how you work. With its flexible software and abundant I/O, the Studio 192 fits into any recording and production environment.
XMAX preamps, now with remote control.
• Transparent sound that won't color the tone of your instrument
• Control preamps right from within the Studio One mixer
• Control preamp settings via MIDI in ProTools, Logic, or Live, and save settings with your recordings
• The ease of digital recall with the quality of Class A analog circuitry
The Studio 192 includes eight remote controlled XMAX preamps, each providing high headroom, low noise, wide dynamic range, and extended frequency response. The resulting musicality and transparency provides smooth, solid sonic reproduction.
The Studio One in Studio 192.
Your audio interface is now an integrated extension of your recording environment. Launch Studio One and you’ll find the preamp controls, speaker switching, mono, dim, and talkback functions needed to control your Studio 192. Create zero-latency monitor mixes complete with Fat Channel processing without leaving the Studio One mixer. Studio One’s exclusive hybrid Fat Channel plug-in runs on both your computer’s processor and on your Studio 192 and switches with a sonically seamless transition. At last, you can punch in while monitoring the same audio between playback and recording.
Zero-latency monitor mixing and control.
Because we can’t create the same integrated Studio One experience in every recording application, the Studio 192’s onboard features can also be controlled in UC Surface’s road-tested interface. UC Surface has rapidly won accolades for its intuitive mixing interface that provides quick access to everything you need to create quality monitor mixes and get back to recording.
Great signal processors are a PreSonus tradition
Adding just the right amount of effects and processing to a monitor mix can make a huge difference in a musician’s ability to experience their performance naturally. To that end, the Studio 192 includes Fat Channel processing on every analog input, plus a stereo reverb and delay. The result is a better performance and ultimately a better recording.
A smooth trip from Analog to Digital
The Studio 192 is equipped with audiophile-grade, Burr-Brown processors to deliver top-quality digital conversion up to 192 kHz. These converters provide 118 dB of dynamic range to capture complex musical harmonics smoothly and naturally. You’ll hear every breath, transient, and detail of a performance in your recordings.
Expandable when you need more I/O.
The DigiMax DP88 preamp/converter was designed to seamlessly extend the analog I/O on your Studio 192. Available early Fall 2015, the DP88 features eight digitally-controlled XMAX preamps, ADAT I/O support up to 96 kHz, direct analog inputs, DAC outputs, and Word Clock I/O. The DigiMax DP88 mic preamps are fully remote controllable from Studio One or UC Surface when connected via ADAT to your Studio 192 so that they naturally extend your analog inputs both sonically and functionally
Get your hands on a Studio 192.
Only the Studio 192 gives you such a powerful combination of audio interface and studio command center in one rack space: pristine audio up to 192 kHz, zero-latency effects, eight remote controllable preamps, monitor mixing, speaker switching, headphone amps and tight DAW integration. Check it out at your favorite PreSonus dealer.
Features Only the Studio 192 gives you such a powerful combination of audio interface and studio command center in one rack space: pristine audio up to 192 kHz, zero-latency effects, remote controllable preamps, monitor mixing, speaker switching, headphone amps and tight integration within your recording environment:
Integrated Zero-Latency Monitoring
• Zero latency monitoring with award-winning StudioLive™ Fat Channel processing on every analog input.
• Total integration with Studio One® for multitrack music production, zero-latency monitor mixing with effects, and studio command features. Studio One Artist included.
• UC Surface monitor mix control software with quick, intuitive access to all mixing and monitoring functions.
Your Studio Command Center
• Ultra low latency, 24-bit, 192 kHz USB 3.0 audio interface (backwards compatible with USB 2.0)
• Simultaneous I/O up to 26 inputs / 32 outputs (8 x 14 at 192 kHz)
• Flawless analog signal path with top-quality 118 dB digital conversion
• Individual stereo main balanced outputs with mono, dim, mute, output metering and level control accessible from front-panel, UC Surface, and Studio One
• Onboard talkback mic
• Two high-volume headphone outs with dedicated DACs for optimal headphone monitoring
• 8 XMAX™ remote controllable mic preamps with individual 48V Phantom Power switching and 85 dB gain range.
• 2 instrument inputs, available via dual-purpose front-panel combo jacks
• 6 balanced line level direct to ADC inputs, available via dual-purpose rear-panel combo jacks
• 8 balanced TRS ¼” outputs for monitor mixing and speaker switching
• ADAT / Dual SMUX Optical inputs/outputs: 16x16 channels at 44.1 or 48 kHz; 8x8 channel at 88.2 or 96 kHz
• Stereo S/PDIF coaxial input and Output
• BNC Wordclock input and output with low-jitter clocking
• Compatible with most music software for Mac or PC.
• USB 2.0 compatible
• Road-rugged construction with all-metal chassis and metal knobs
• 1U rack-mountable
• 18 VDC external power supply (included)
• Studio One® Artist license included, PreSonus’ revolutionary digital audio workstation for Mac and Windows, with unlimited track count and 2 GB content
• UC Surface for Windows and Mac PCs, Windows 8 touch computers and iPad
|Computer Interface Type|
|Analogue Inputs (Total)|
|Analogue Outputs (Total)|
|Mic Preamps (Max)|
|Instrument Inputs (Max)|
|Sample Rate (Max)|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 12 months
- Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 30 days
- RTB Period:
- 12 months
Date Issued: 21st Oct 2008
You've probably read the USB Tekspek, and perhaps your intrigue, or product interest, has lead you to look up Firewire as well. The two are similar in some respects, particularly some of the products that use the two technologies. However, Firewire has its differences, which means it has both benefits and drawback when compared to USB. This Tekspek will look at Firewire and also look at it with respect to USB.
Date Issued: 21st Oct 2008
In computing terms, system buses are used to connect various components to the motherboard’s core logic and, often, to each other. Modern PCs run with a multitude of high-speed buses ranging from the interconnects between, say, the chipset and the CPU, graphics card, memory, and peripherals.
Date Issued: 14th Jul 2008
This TekSpek explains the essentials required to run a 64-bit operating system and native 64-bit applications on a modern 64-bit capable PC system.
Date Issued: 25th Jun 2008
Updating drivers can sometimes be a bit of a gamble. Will the drivers come with an installer? Will you need to uninstall the old drivers first? Many drivers these days do come with an installer, which simplifies the process dramatically.