Classic proportions combined with attractive styling and fresh ideas – the TLM 107 perfectly embodies the Neumann philosophy: Innovation based on tradition. Far from evoking vintage or retro nostalgia, the standard-setting TLM 107 represents an impressive, modern studio microphone. Its extensive performance spectrum and high-precision reproduction, very close to the original, make the TLM 107 universally applicable, opening up the widest freedom in mixing and post-production.
The newly developed sound transducer, which was designed especially for this microphone, is impressive with its outstanding impulse fidelity. The great consistency of the five polar patterns, omnidirectional, cardioid and figure-8, with the intermediate patterns wide-angle cardioid and hypercardioid, is also unusual for a large-diaphragm capsule. The TLM 107 provides optimal sound not only for the cardioid setting; it also ensures maximum precision over the entire frequency range for all of the other directional characteristics. The sound always remains balanced, with an almost linear reproduction up to 8 kHz, and a slight boost in the highest frequencies that lends presence and freshness to the voice. Here particular attention has been paid to the natural reproduction of speech sounds, especially the critical “s” sound. The grille is acoustically optimized for low sensitivity to pop sounds. In addition, the sound transducer is edge-terminated, with both diaphragms at ground voltage. Specifically, this ensures considerably reduced sensitivity to dust and humidity.
No-Compromise Sound Design
Transformerless circuitry permits a high degree of linearity and a large dynamic range. The self-noise of only 10 dB-A is practically inaudible, while at the same time, the TLM 107 features high level handling. The maximum sound pressure level of 141 dB SPL can be increased to 153 dB SPL via pre-attenuation (Pad). This enables the TLM 107 to transmit the sound of even the loudest instruments without distortion. The Low Cut settings of Linear, 40 Hz, and 100 Hz are precisely adapted to practical recording situations. Without side effects, the 40 Hz setting cuts interference noise below the range of fundamental tones (where 41 Hz is the frequency of the double bass open E string), while the 100 Hz setting is optimized for speech and vocals (where 100 Hz corresponds to the lowest notes of a baritone).
Innovative Operating Concept
For the first time, all of the microphone switch functions are controlled intuitively via a navigation switch. A visual highlight is the illuminated pattern display in the chrome ring, while the Pad and Low Cut status is displayed by LEDs to the left and right of the switch. In order not to distract singers, the switch and display are located on the back of the microphone. After ten seconds, the displays are turned off automatically.
See LN 67385 For The Shock Mount
• Multipattern large diaphragm microphone with 5 polar patterns (omni, wide cardioid, cardioid, hypercardioid, figure-eight)
• Navigation switch with LED illuminated display for polar pattern, PAD and low cut
• Sound characteristics: transparent, natural reproduction of human voice, outstanding transient response
• Balanced sound in all 5 polar pattern settings
• Acoustical operating principle: Pressure gradient transducer
• Directional pattern: Omni, wide angle cardioid, cardioid, hypercardioid, figure-8
• Frequency range: 20 Hz ... 20 kHz
• Sensitivity at 1 kHz into 1 kohms: 11 mV/Pa
• Rated impedance: 50 ohms
• Rated load impedance: 1000 ohms
• Equivalent noise level, CCIR1): 22 dB
• Equivalent noise level, A-weighted1): 10 dB-A
• Signal-to-noise ratio, CCIR1) (rel. 94 dB SPL): 72 dB
• Signal-to-noise ratio, A-weighted1) (rel. 94 dB SPL): 84 dB
• Maximum SPL for THD < 0.5%2): 141 dB
• Maximum SPL for THD < 0.5%2) with pre-attenuation -6 dB: 147 dB
• Maximum SPL for THD < 0.5%2) with pre-attenuation -12 dB: 153 dB
• Maximum output voltage: 10 dBu
• Supply voltage (P48, IEC 61938): 48 V ± 4 V
• Current consumption (P48, IEC 61938): 3.2 mA
• Matching connectors: XLR3F
• Weight: 445 g
• Diameter: 64 mm
• Length: 145 mm
Find Similar Products
Find similar products with the same specifications as Neumann TLM107 Switchable Studio Nickel Condenser Microphone, Omni/Wide Angle Carioid/Cardioid/Hypercardioid/Figure 8 . Please choose from the list below.