24 Port PoE+ Gigabit Smart Switch netgear Prosafe GS728TPP
NETGEAR Smart Switches offer powerful L2 and L2+ features, better PoE functionality, and enhanced performance and usability. They are purposely designed for converged networks where voice, video, data are all carried on a single network platform. These switches are optimized for network efficiency, operational cost savings, and ease of management. This series of switches offers 8 to 52 port configurations both in Fast Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet with PoE options. All switches come with Gigabit SFP ports for fiber connectivity. These switches are the ideal solution for businesses looking for the best combination of features, performance, and value.
Designed for Converged Networks, Big or Small
• PoE and PoE+ Support available for all configurations
• Auto Voice VLAN for fast and reliable deployment of VoIP
• Auto Video VLAN, following the same concept of Auto Voice, help speed up your deployment of IP-based surveillance systems
• Static routing, helps route internal traffic for more efficient use of network resources
• IGMP and MLD snooping, provides advanced multicast filtering
Build a Future-Proof Network with NETGEAR
• Solid performance with a non-blocking architecture, 8K MAC address table, 256 VLANs, 480 shared ACL entries, 32static routes, and 1,024 Multicast Groups
• Comprehensive IPv6 management, QoS and ACL, ensuring investment protection and a smooth migration to IPv6-based networking
• PoE+ support on all PoE models with the GS728TPP providing PoE+ support on all ports, adding the flexibility to add power-hungry devices such as video phone, PTZ camera and 11ac Wireless APs into the network in the future
• The presence of SFP ports provide necessary fiber uplinks, while dedicated SFP ports on many models further builds uplink redundancy and failover, improving reliability and availability for network virtualization
• Energy Efficient Ethernet (IEEE802.3az) support for more energy savings in the future when more EEE-compliant end devices come to market
• Advanced QoS with IPv4/IPv6 ingress traffic filtering (ACLs) and prioritization (QoS - Diff Serv)
• Dynamic VLAN assignment for easy user authentication and location-independent access to network
Network Development Made Easy
• Auto Voice VLAN for easy development of VoIP
• Auto Video for simple deployment of IP Surveillance
• ACL Wizard for a guided tour to set up your network access control
• Smart Control Center, a powerful tool for multi-switch discovery, deployment, monitoring and firmware upgrades
• PoE Timer for scheduling the on/off time of your PoE powered devices
Smart IT, not Big IT
• Easy to manage via web-Based Management GUI or Smart Control Center for multi-switch deployment
• Standard-based technology, ensuring interoperability with any standard-based devices in the existing network
• Dual firmware images, improving reliability and uptime to your network
PoE-capable on all Ports of the Switch
Support high-density VoIP, Surveillance and WiFi AP deployments, scalable for future growth. Never face the risk of running out of PoE ports.
IEEE 802.3at PoE Plus Ports
Flexible to add enough high-end and/or high-powered PoE devices such as video phones, PTZ cameras and 11ac Wireless Access Points in the future via the same existing switch that is used to power normal VoIP phones.
Dedicated SFP Fiber Uplinks
Dedicated SFP ports provide fiber uplinks without sacrificing any downlink Gigabit port. 4 SFP ports provide not only redundant uplinks, but can also build dual redundancy by a trunked uplink with link aggregation and failover, the dual-redundancy, a powerful design for the network virtualization.
24 PoE+ ports on GS728TPP
With optional External power supply to reach PoE budget of 720W. Powerful PoE+ Switch for high-end power-hungry PoE deployment. Better value at a fractional price of the Full Managed PoE+ switches.
Dynamic VLAN Assignment
IP phones and PCs can authenticate on the same port but under different VLAN assignment policies. Users are free to move around and enjoy the same level of network access regardless of their physical location in the network.
A simple way to provide segmentation of the network with internal routing through the switch – reserving the router for external traffic routing only, making the entire network more efficient.
Comprehensive IPv6 Support for Management, ACL and QoS
Build current network with future in mind. Ensure investment protection and a smooth migration to IPv6-based network without switch replacement.
Build current network with future in mind
Ensure investment protection and a smooth migration to IPv6-based network without switch replacement. Facilitate fast receiver joins and leaves for multicast streams. Save cost and improve network efficiency by ensuring multicast traffic only reaches designated receivers without the need of an extra Multicast router.
Robust Security Features
Build a secured, converged network with all types of traffic by preventing external attacks and blocking malware while allowing secure access for authorized users.
• 802.1x authentication
• DHCP Filtering
• Port-based security by locked MAC
• ACL filtering to permit or deny traffic based on MAC and IP addresses
Auto Voice and Auto Video
Automatic Voice over IP prioritization with Auto-VoIP simplifies most complex multi-vendor IP telephones deployments either based on protocols (SIP, H323 and SCCP) or on OUI bytes (default database and user based OUIs) in the phone source MAC address; providing the best class of service to VoIP streams (both data and signaling) over other ordinary traffic by classifying traffic, and enabling correct egress queue configuration. When deployed IP phones are LLDP-MED compliant, the Voice VLAN will use LLDP-MED to pass on the VLAN ID, 802.1P priority and DSCP values to the IP phones, accelerating convergent deployments.
Comprehensive QoS Features
Advanced controls for optimized network performance and better delivery of mission-critical traffics such as voice and video.
• Port-based or 802.1p-based prioritization
• Layer 3-based (DSCP) prioritization
• Port-based ingress and egress rate limiting
Ensure IP address allocation integrity by allowing only clients with specific IP/MAC addresses to have access to the network.
Dual Firmware Images and Configuration Files
Dual firmware image and dual configuration file for transparent firmware updates / configuration changes with minimum service interruption.
Allows IT administrators to increase network security, better utilize network resources and conserve energy by scheduling or remotely controlling on/off of POE ports.
Ensure no exchange of unicast, broadcast, or multicast traffic between the protected ports on the switch, therefore, improve the security of your converged network where your sensitive phone conversation can stay private and your surveillance video clips can be forwarded to their designated storage device without leakage or alteration.
More information can be found in the PDF below:
Features Traffic Management
• Auto Negotiation of speed and duplex modes
• 801.2x Flow Control
• Dynamic MAC address management
• IEEE802.1Q-based VLAN
• Auto Voice VLAN
• QoS based on WRR, strict priority, or both
• Port-based and IEEE801.2p-based QoS
• TCP/UDP-based QoS
• IPv4 and IPv6-based QoS
• DSCP Support
• Rate Limiting (egress only)
• Link Aggregation and LACP
• MAC lockdown
• MAC lockdown by number of MACs
• IEEE802.1x port authentication
• Dynamic VLAN Assignment
• Guest VLAN
• 3 HTTPS /SSL versions
• TLS session
• Trusted MAC
• IPv4, L4-based Access Control List (ACL)
• IPv6-based ACL
• IGMP snooping, v1, v2 and v3
• IGMP Snooping querier
• Blocking of unknown multicast traffic
• MLD snooping
Spanning Tree, Routing and Stacking
• IEEE802.1D, IEEE802.1w RSTP and MSTP
• Option to enable/disable BPDU flooding when STP is disabled
Reliability, Performance and Troubleshooting
• Port mirroring both on ingress and egress traffic
• Jumbo frame support
• Broadcast Storm control
• Cable diagnostics
• Loop Detection
• DoS Prevention
• IEEE802.1ab LLDP
• Dual Image
• Option to enable/disable the flooding of EAPOL when 802.1x is disabled
• Protected ports
• DNS client
• DHCP clients
• DHCP snooping
• Ping and traceroute client
• Web-based Management
• Smart Control Center Software for multi-switch management
• IP Access List
• IPv6 Management
• Configurable Management VLAN
• SNMP v1/v2c and v3
• Standard MIBs (RFC1213, RFC1643, and RFC1493)
• RMON group 1, 2, 3, 9
• Firmware Upgrade through Smart Control Center (TFTP)
• Firmware download (to switch) and upload (to server) through TFTP/HTTP
• Configuration and Image Upload (to PC) through HTTP
• Configuration Download (to Switch) thru TFTP/HTTP and upload (to server)
• Memory & FLASH log
• Syslog (server)
• System password protection
|Edition||ProSAFE Smart Switch|
|PoE Ports||24 x Gigabit 10/100/1000|
|Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF)||247,163 hours|
|Acoustic Noise||31.8 dB|
|Max. Power Consumption||483.5 W|
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||440 x 44 x 257 mm|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 60 months
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- RTB Period:
- 1 months
- 0134 445 8200
Date Issued: 20th Oct 2008
Port forwarding is a technique you’ll need to use to enable certain services if you’re using a router. If you don’t really care how it works, you can skip this section and just find out how to do it.
Date Issued: 14th Jul 2008
It’s good to talk, but the way in which we get in touch with each other is changing. When once a letter, or a phone call over a shared line were the only ways to keep in touch with friends and relatives, there is now e-mail, instant messaging and text messages. The humble telephone isn’t sitting idly by, however. Telephony is evolving and it is using the Internet to keep up with the competition.
Date Issued: 26th Oct 2006
As a growing number of homes contain more than one computer, their users must find ways to network them. The primary purpose for creating a home network tends to be to provide Internet access to all computers within the house. There are other good reasons, however. These include enabling LAN gaming, data backups from one machine to another and the sharing of music within the home.