NETGEAR R8500 Nighthawk X8 AC5300 (1000 + 2166 + 2166 Mbps) Tri-Band Quad-Stream Wi-Fii 4K Router
The Nighthawk X8 AC5300 Smart WiFi Router is the next wave in WiFi. Tri-Band WiFi and Quad Stream performance boosts X8's combined wireless speeds to up to 5.3Gbps. Four external Active Antennas plus four internal antennas amplify WiFi range. Six gigabit Ethernet ports means even more wired devices can connect and with port aggregation 2 ports can combine to double maximum wired speeds. Nighthawk X8 is the next wave in WiFi.
With combined WiFi speeds up to 5.3 Gbps and advanced features like MU-MIMO, Smart Connect and Dynamic QoS, which helps prioritize your gaming activity on the network, you'll have the advantage when taking on your gaming foes. Gigabit Ethernet ports let you connect your device via a wired connection to ensure you stay connected at top speeds. Game on with Nighthawk X8.
Go ahead, let everybody stream.
Nighthawk X8 provides seamless, simultaneous HD streaming to multiple devices. Tri-Band WiFi, and MU-MIMO help reduce buffering and jittery video. And now with port aggregation, you can double the connection speed for 4K HD streaming. A built-in DLNA-ready server and ReadyCLOUD add to your media enjoyment, allowing you to play and share your videos and music quickly and access your data easily.
Ultimate Range and Mobility
With all your mobile devices, you have the freedom to move about your home and yard, and now with Nighthawk X8, you can maintain your connection even in the largest of homes. Powerful, patent-pending Active Antennas, help improve WiFi performance by amplifying WiFi signals in the antenna itself, which helps avoid signal loss during transmission as well as reduce noise, so you can enjoy better range and coverage.
Fastest Tri-Band WiFi Router
The Nighthawk X8 AC5300 Smart WiFi Router with breakthrough Tri-Band WiFi technology delivers a massive combined wireless speed of up to 5.3Gbps. X8 uses Smart Connect to optimize WiFi performance by intelligently assigning every device to the fastest WiFi band possible and doing so allows devices to connect at their maximum speed. Load Balancing distributes WiFi devices ensuring usage of both the 5GHz WiFi bands. Even if everyone and everything in the home that’s connected to the Internet is streaming, gaming, working, playing, socializing or updating at the same time, the X8 won’t miss a beat—you’ll enjoy seamless clarity and zero lag.
Dynamic Quality of Service
If you like gaming and streaming videos, then you'll benefit from Dynamic Quality of Service (QoS). Dynamic QoS resolves Internet traffic congestion when you have competing Internet demands at home. Dynamic QoS identifies your online activities by application and device, and then utilizes bandwidth allocation, and traffic prioritization techniques, to automatically allocate more bandwidth to latency sensitive applications like online gaming and video streaming, while ensuring that lower priority applications continue to work.
Industry's First Active Antennas
Each new generation of routers grows more powerful than the last, delivering stronger WiFi signals with greater range. At the same time, the WiFi signals on mobile devices are not getting more powerful. This difference in WiFi performance reduces overall WiFi range and speed.
To meet this challenge, NETGEAR developed the industry’s first Active Antennas technology. NETGEAR moved the WiFi amplifiers from their usual location, on the router’s motherboard, to the top of the antennas. These Active Antennas help improve WiFi performance by amplifying signal in the antenna itself. This allows the router to receive cleaner and stronger signals from your mobile devices, avoiding signal degradation between the antennas and motherboard.
Six Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports allows you to connect even more wired devices. Two of six Gigabit Ethernet ports can be aggregated to double the connection speed to a Network Attached Storage device for 4K HD streaming or fast backups of multiple WiFi devices simultaneously.
Powerful Dual Core 1.4HGz Router Processor
Basic WiFi routers use simple single core processors to connect WiFi devices to the Internet.
Nighthawk X8 delivers Tri-band WiFi, quad-stream performance on each band, Multi-User MIMO capable, has 6 Gigabit LAN ports with Port Aggregation, and dual USB interfaces to connect external USB storage. Using a single core processor would cause severe performance issues as various processes compete for CPU power.
That's why the X8 utilizes a powerful 1.4GHz dual-core processor to separate processes and prioritize high performance WiFi connections to get maximum combined WiFi speeds of up to 5.3Gbps.
Multi-user MIMO (MU-MIMO)
Using Multi-User MIMO technology, NETGEAR routers can stream data to multiple devices simultaneously. With MU-MIMO, your WiFi network can deliver faster throughput to every MU-MIMO connected device. That means faster downloads and smoother streaming for your devices.
Simple and Secure Cloud Storage via USB
Access and share your files stored on a USB Drive through NETGEAR ReadyCLOUD® USB Access. Simply plug your USB hard drive into your NETGEAR® Nighthawk™ X8 Smart WiFi Router to create secure personal cloud storage. Enjoy the convenience and accessibility of Google Drive™ and Dropbox® without the fees, storage limitations, or privacy concerns. Using the ReadyCLOUD mobile app or web portal, you’ll now have anytime, anywhere access to your USB drive at home… it’s that easy!
Get the fastest combined WiFi currently available and enjoy a blazing-fast, lag-free WiFi experience for gaming, video streaming or surfing - up to 5.3Gbps.
• 5.3Gbps: The fastest combined WiFi speed for uninterrupted streaming.
• Tri-Band WiFi: Up to 1000 + 2166 + 2166Mbps†.
• Quad Stream: Up to four data streams per WiFi band maximizes connection speed.
• Smart Connect: Designates slower and faster devices to separate WiFi bands for best wireless speed.
• MU-MIMO capable: Go faster by simultaneously streaming to multiple devices.
• Gigabit WiFi: Next-generation WiFi now at Gigabit speeds.
• Gigabit wired: Six Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports with the ability to aggregate two ports for faster file transfers.
• Dynamic QoS: Intelligently prioritizes video streaming and gaming.
Got range? Homes come in all shapes and sizes and Nighthawk X8 Smart WiFi Router's 4 external and 4 internal antennas provide WiFi coverage no matter where you connect in your home.
• Four Active Antennas: Enhance weak signal and reduce interference with a patent pending design.
• Ultimate range: WiFi coverage throughout very large homes.
There’s nothing more frustrating than lost connections! With NETGEAR’s advanced features and best-in-class technology, you’ll reduce interference and enjoy more reliable WiFi connectivity.
• Simultaneous Tri-Band: More and faster WiFi connections to all devices.
• Beamforming+: Focuses WiFi signals for stronger more reliable connections on 2.4 and 5GHz bands.
Sharing across your network is fun and easy. Anything from accessing stored photos and music to sharing a USB printer and keep everything safe by using the included FREE ReadySHARE Vault software for backing up Windows-based PCs.
• ReadyCLOUD® USB access: Enjoy personal and secure cloud access to USB storage anytime, anywhere.
• ReadySHARE® USB access: Wirelessly access and share USB hard drive and printer via two (2) USB ports: 1 USB 3.0 and 1 USB 2.0 port.
• One super speed USB 3.0 port: Up to 10x faster than USB 2.0.
• DLNA®: Find and play your media on DLNA TVs, game consoles and media players.
• ReadySHARE Vault: Free software for automatic PC backup to a USB hard drive connected to the router.
• ReadySHARE Printer: Wirelessly access and share a USB printer.
Ease of Use
Start enjoying your new device faster than ever. NETGEAR wants to make sure installation and management is simple and easy, so you can connect quickly and make sure you stay that way!
• Easy install: Easy setup for iPad®, tablets, smartphones and computers.
• NETGEAR genie® App: Personal dashboard to monitor, control and repair your home network. Now includes remote access to manage your network away from home.
• Push ‘N’ Connect: Easy push button WiFi connections (WPS).
• WiFi and power on/off: Convenient power savings.
• VPN support: Secure access to your home network when away from home.
• LED on/off: Easily turn router LED lights on or off.
Maintain the highest security across your network to ensure your privacy and family is safe while online. Whether it’s preventing phishing and spyware or just limiting access for kids and guests, NETGEAR has you covered.
• Enhanced parental controls: Manage web site access by family member and device.
• Guest network access: Separate and secure access for guests.
• Secure WiFi connections: Highest-level wireless security with WPA/WPA2.
• Open source support: Download open source firmware from www.myopenrouter.com.
• Personal FTP server: Customized free URL to create FTP server.
• VPN support: Secure access to your home network when away from home. Features • Get fastest speeds available up to 5.3Gbps.
• Tri-band WiFi delivers more WiFi to more devices.
• Quad Stream delivers up to four data streams per WiFi band.
• 4 active antennas and 4 internal antennas amplify and maximize range.
• 6 Gigabit Ethernet ports—aggregate two ports for faster file transfers.
• Smart Connect intelligently selects the fastest WiFi band for every device.
• MU-MIMO capable for simultaneous streaming of data to multiple devices.
• Dynamic QoS prioritizes bandwidth by application and device.
• ReadyCLOUD® USB Access — Secure personal access to USB storage from anywhere.
|Number of WAN Connections||1|
|Number of LAN Connections||6|
|Wireless Speed||5300 (1000+2166+2166) Mbps|
|Aprox Wireless Range (m)||N/A|
|Wireless Transmitter Power||N/A|
|Antenna||4x External Antennas|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 24 months
- DOA Period:
- 7 days
- 0134 445 8200
Date Issued: 20th Oct 2008
Home networking let’s you do great things that aren’t possible with standalone PCs. Printers can be shared between PC, so there’s no need to buy one for each machine.
Date Issued: 20th Oct 2008
Port forwarding is a technique you’ll need to use to enable certain services if you’re using a router. If you don’t really care how it works, you can skip this section and just find out how to do it.
Date Issued: 20th Oct 2008
On the surface we’re asking a relatively simple question here: "What do I need to get my broadband Internet working?" Of course, it’s not quite as simple as that. Worry not, however, for this TekSpek covers both the differences between the two popular kinds of broadband and what you’ll need to get your home computer(s) connected up.
Date Issued: 19th Jun 2008
WiFi is a wonderful thing. You can take your laptop anywhere in your house and access the Internet, or access your network from the garden. However, it does introduce the grim possibility of somebody else doing exactly the same, without you ever knowing. This guide seeks to make you aware of various security terms and ideas associated with wireless networking and what you should consider when setting up a wireless network.
Date Issued: 26th Oct 2006
As a growing number of homes contain more than one computer, their users must find ways to network them. The primary purpose for creating a home network tends to be to provide Internet access to all computers within the house. There are other good reasons, however. These include enabling LAN gaming, data backups from one machine to another and the sharing of music within the home.