Netgear R8000 Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Tri-Band WiFi Hi Performance Router
There's never been WiFi like it. The Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Router with breakthrough Tri-Band WiFi technology was built to connect to each and every device in your home—automatically and simultaneously. Laptops, tablets, phones, TVs, game consoles, music streamers, cameras – if it’s WiFi enabled, it’s X6 accelerated. With a massive combined wireless speed of up to 3.2Gbps, 3 WiFi bands and Smart Connect intelligence, every device is assigned the fastest WiFi connection possible and optimized for maximum speed.
Tri-Band WiFi with Smart Connect changes the game for today’s home WiFi networks. With one 2.4GHz band and two 5GHz WiFi bands to work with, the X6 has the capacity, flexibility, and intelligence to assign each device to the WiFi band where it can connect at its maximum possible speed. The result is that faster devices can connect and perform unhindered by slower or older devices—meaning ALL devices load, stream, and game at their maximum speed.
More WiFi Range for More Devices
Keep your mobile device connected throughout your home with powerful amplifiers and 6 high performance external antennas. Roam freely and enjoy strong WiFi coverage and performance anywhere in your home. The 6 antennas deliver the breakthrough X6 Tri-Band WiFi and Beamforming+ focuses WiFi signals creating stronger and more reliable connections for all to enjoy.
ReadyShare® USB — Ready to Store and Share
ReadySHARE® USB opens up a powerful set of convenient features like USB storage access and streaming media. With the available USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 ports on the X6 you can connect the USB storage you already own and enjoy high-speed access via WiFi.
And for your endless entertainment, ReadySHARE® USB lets you play, view, listen to, and share your videos, photos, and music on connected TVs, game consoles, or media players.
Safeguard your Files with No Worry Backups
FREE ReadyShare Vault PC software it there for you to schedule automatic hassle-free backups to safeguard precious photos and files from any PC directly to the connected USB storage. ReadyShare Vault is FREE to download and use with your Nighthawk X6.
What could you do with more speed? More power? With a 1GHz dual core processor and three offload processors, the Nighthawk X6 delivers faster WiFi speed, faster wired speed, faster USB access speed, and faster WAN-to-LAN speeds meaning faster overall network speeds than ever before. So go ahead and put this network to the test in your home.
Get more WiFi for more devices with the fastest combined WiFi speed currently available. Enjoy a blazing-fast, lag-free WiFi experience - up to 3.2Gbps.
• Fastest combined WiFi speed—Up to 3.2Gbps 600+1300+1300 Mbps speeds
• Tri-Band WiFi—3 dedicated WiFi bands to optimize speeds for all WiFi devices
• Gigabit wired—Ideal for HD gaming and video
• Gigabit WiFi—Next-generation WiFi now at Gigabit speeds
• Dual core processor—Dual Core 1GHz processor and 3 offload processors boost wireless, wired and WAN-to-LAN performance
Homes come in all shapes and sizes and the Nighthawk X6 Tri-Band WiFi Router with 6 powerful high performance external antennas provides WiFi coverage no matter where you connect in your home.
• Ultimate range—WiFi coverage throughout very large homes
• Antennas—High-powered amplifiers and 6 high-performance external antennas
There’s nothing more frustrating than lost connections. With Nighthawk X6 advanced features and best-in-class WiFi technology, you’ll reduce interference and enjoy more reliable connections.
• Simultaneous Tri-Band—More and faster WiFi connections to all devices
• Beamforming+ — Focuses WiFi signals for stronger more reliable connections on 2.4 and 5GHz bands
Sharing across your network is fun and easy. Anything from accessing stored photos and music to sharing a USB printer and keep everything safe by using the included FREE ReadySHARE Vault software for backing up Windows-based PCs.
• DLNA®—Find and play your media on DLNA TVs, game consoles and media players
• ReadySHARE® USB access—Wirelessly access and share USB hard drive and printer via two USB ports
• One super speed USB 3.0 port—Up to 10x faster than USB 2.0
• ReadySHARE Printer—Wirelessly access and share a USB printer
• ReadySHARE Vault—Free software for automatic PC backup to a USB hard drive connected to the router
• iTunes® compatible—Play your USB-stored music using AirPlay or Apple Remote™
Ease of Use
• Start enjoying your new X6 WiFi router faster than ever. NETGEAR makes sure installation and management is simple and easy, so you can connect quickly and stay that way.
• Easy install—Easy setup for iPad®, tablets, smartphones and computers
• NETGEAR genie® App—Personal dashboard to monitor, control and repair your home network from a smartphone, tablet or computer
• Push ‘N’ Connect—Easy push button WiFi connections (WPS)
• WiFi and power on/off—Convenient power savings
• LED on/off—Easily turn router LED lights on or off
The highest security across your network ensures your privacy and family is safe while online. Whether it’s preventing phishing and spyware or just limiting access for kids and household guests, NETGEAR has you covered.
• VPN support—Secure access to your home network when away from home
• Parental controls—Web filtering for all your connected devices
• Guest network access—Separate and secure access for guests
• Secure WiFi connections—Highest-level wireless security with WPA/WPA2
• Open source support
• Personal FTP server—Customized free URL to create FTP server Features • Get the fastest WiFi speed available – up to 3.2Gbps
• Tri-Band WiFi delivers more WiFi for more devices
• 6 High performance antennas for maximum range
• Smart-Connect designates slower and faster devices to separate WiFi bands
• 1GHz dual core processor with 3 offload processors
• Beamforming+ improves wireless range and reliability
• USB 3.0 port offers high-speed, USB storage-ready access
• Easily manage your home network with the NETGEAR genie app
|Networking, Connectivity & Ports|
|Device Type||Cable (WAN)|
|Compatible Internet Connections|
|Total LAN Connections||4|
|Total WAN Connections||1|
|Wireless Speed||3200 (600+1300+1300) Mbps|
|Wireless Transmitter Power||N/A|
|Router/Modem Processor||Dual-Core 1GHz CPU with 3 Offload CPUs|
|Internal RAM Memory|
|Internal Flash Memory|
|Security & VPN|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 12 months
- DOA Period:
- 7 days
- 0134 445 8200
Date Issued: 20th Oct 2008
Home networking let’s you do great things that aren’t possible with standalone PCs. Printers can be shared between PC, so there’s no need to buy one for each machine.
Date Issued: 20th Oct 2008
Port forwarding is a technique you’ll need to use to enable certain services if you’re using a router. If you don’t really care how it works, you can skip this section and just find out how to do it.
Date Issued: 20th Oct 2008
On the surface we’re asking a relatively simple question here: "What do I need to get my broadband Internet working?" Of course, it’s not quite as simple as that. Worry not, however, for this TekSpek covers both the differences between the two popular kinds of broadband and what you’ll need to get your home computer(s) connected up.
Date Issued: 19th Jun 2008
WiFi is a wonderful thing. You can take your laptop anywhere in your house and access the Internet, or access your network from the garden. However, it does introduce the grim possibility of somebody else doing exactly the same, without you ever knowing. This guide seeks to make you aware of various security terms and ideas associated with wireless networking and what you should consider when setting up a wireless network.
Date Issued: 26th Oct 2006
As a growing number of homes contain more than one computer, their users must find ways to network them. The primary purpose for creating a home network tends to be to provide Internet access to all computers within the house. There are other good reasons, however. These include enabling LAN gaming, data backups from one machine to another and the sharing of music within the home.