Netgear WPN824 MIMO RangeMax Wireless Broadband Router/Extender with WPN111 USB Adaptor Bundle
Netgear WPN824 Rangemax giving you 10x the Speed** and x10 the Coverage** of standard routers using Seven internal smart antennas and a Dual firewall with Network Address Translation (NAT) to hide PCs and Devices from outside users inc Stateful packet inspection (SPI) firewall protects your PC from known network attacks is a perfect router for any household giving Up to 500,000 square feet of uninterrupted coverage† that lets you Wirelessly stream music, make Internet phone calls and surf the web faster and further around your house also includes a Easy set-up with Smart Wizard® installation CD
What is RangeMax?
NETGEAR’s RangeMax extends your wireless network coverage up to 10 times that of standard 802.11g due to an advanced Smart MIMO (Multi-In, Multi-Out) technology that incorporates seven intelligent internal antennas in a wireless router.
The antennas continuously scan your home or office, automatically sensing obstacles and electronic interference, then dynamically adjust the wireless signal to compensate and maintain a clear connection.
• WAN port for connecting the router to the internet via a *Broadband cable Modem or *ADSL modem (*Neither Supplied)
• Wirelessly stream music, make Internet phone calls and surf the Web faster and further
• Share your broadband Internet connection simply and securely
• Built-in Quality of Service (QoS) ensures prioritization of VoIP and gaming traffic
• Easy setup with Smart Wizard® installation CD
• Use with RangeMax Wireless Adapters for maximum performance
• 7 internal antennas scan for strongest signal path and adjust to interference
• Automatically upgrades to the latest router firmware during installation
• MIMO (multiple-input, multiple-output) technology boosts network performance with up to 10x the speed and 10x the coverage of Wireless-G†
• Configurable as a wireless repeater for extending range
• High-speed connections with virtually no dead spots
• Perfect for larger homes and small offices
• Compatible with internal wireless and public hotspots
• Double firewall and wireless encryption protects your network and data
• Touchless WiFi Security makes securing your network easy
• Supports Windows® Vista™
The back of the wireless router includes:
1. On/off switch for the antenna dome light
2. AC power adapter outlet
3. Four local (LAN) 10/100 Mbps Ethernet ports for connecting the router to the local computers
4. Internet (WAN) Ethernet port for connecting the router to a cable or ADSL modem
5. Factory default reset button
* Free basic installation support provided for 90 days from date of purchase. Advanced product features and configurations are not included in free basic installation support; optional premium support available.
** Actual performance may vary due to operating conditions
†Maximum wireless signal rate derived from IEEE standard 802.11 speci?cations. Actual data throughput will vary. Network conditions and environmental factors, including volume of network traf?c, building materials and construction, and network overhead, lower actual data throughput rate. NETGEAR makes no express or implied representations or warranties about this product’s compatibility with any future standards. Features Included in the box is a FOC WPN111 RangeMax™ Wireless 108 Mbps USB 2.0 Adapter
IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g, 2.4 GHz
Dimensions: 223 x 153 x 31 mm (8.8 x 6 x 1.2 in)
Weight: .5 kg (1.2 lb)
Ease of Use
Seven internal smart antennas--no need to manually adjust and no risk of breaking
Smart Wizard® simplifies setup by automatically detecting and con?guring your router for virtually all ISP connections
When used with RangeMax Wireless Adapters, delivers the longest range of any wireless technology on the market
Up to 500,000 square feet of uninterrupted coverage†
Maintains up to 10 times the effective speed of standard 802.11g when at long distances†
Improves performance of existing legacy 802.11b and 802.11g wireless devices up to 50%
Five 10/100 (1 internet, and 4 LAN) ports equipped with auto-sensing technology
Wireless speed of up to 108 Mbps†
Privacy & Parental Control
“Trusted user” controls
Time-based usage controls
Web site logging
URL content filtering
– Network Address Translation (NAT) to hide PCs and ?les from outside users
– Stateful packet inspection (SPI) ?rewall protects your PC from known network attacks
Denial-of-service (DoS) attack prevention
Intrusion detection and prevention (IDS)
Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP) 64-bit, 128-bit encryption
Wi-Fi Protected Access, Pre-Shared Key (WPA-PSK, WPA2-PSK)
Wireless access control (SSID) to identify authorized wireless network devices
Supports 2 VPN pass-through tunnels (IPsec, L2TP, PPTP)
Exposed host (DMZ)
MAC address authentication
NETGEAR 1-year Warranty
RangeMax Wireless Router (WPN824v3)
12V, 1.0A Power Adapter, localized to country of sale
Warranty/support information card
|Number of WAN Connections||1|
|Number of LAN Connections||4|
|Wireless Speed||108 Mbps|
|Aprox Wireless Range (m)||N/A|
|Wireless Transmitter Power||N/A|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 24 months
- DOA Period:
- 7 days
- 0134 445 8200
"Manufacturer's warranty is reprinted here for your information only. Warranty terms subject to change without notice"
We recommend that you retain your retail packaging within the first 28 days of purchase.
Subject to 2 years manufacturer's warranty, direct with Netgear.
Please follow the RMA procedure on link,
To log a new online support query or to reply to an existing case, please do the following:
1. Go to http://my.netgear.com
2. Fill in our online support web form
3. Follow the on screen instructions
24 x 7 pre- or post-sales technical assistance can be obtained from our European Support Team on 0844 875 4000.
Please contact Netgear only on 0844 875 4000 for your full 2 years warranty.
This Warranty does not cover any damage due to abnormal use or conditions, misuse, neglect, abuse, accident, improper handling or storage, serial number altered, defaced or removed; or has had the warranty seal on the system altered, defaced or removed, exposure to moisture, unauthorized modifications, alterations, or repairs, improper installation, improper use of any electrical source, undue physical or electrical stress, operator error, non-compliance with instructions.
Date Issued: 20th Oct 2008
Home networking let’s you do great things that aren’t possible with standalone PCs. Printers can be shared between PC, so there’s no need to buy one for each machine.
Date Issued: 20th Oct 2008
Port forwarding is a technique you’ll need to use to enable certain services if you’re using a router. If you don’t really care how it works, you can skip this section and just find out how to do it.
Date Issued: 20th Oct 2008
On the surface we’re asking a relatively simple question here: "What do I need to get my broadband Internet working?" Of course, it’s not quite as simple as that. Worry not, however, for this TekSpek covers both the differences between the two popular kinds of broadband and what you’ll need to get your home computer(s) connected up.
Date Issued: 19th Jun 2008
WiFi is a wonderful thing. You can take your laptop anywhere in your house and access the Internet, or access your network from the garden. However, it does introduce the grim possibility of somebody else doing exactly the same, without you ever knowing. This guide seeks to make you aware of various security terms and ideas associated with wireless networking and what you should consider when setting up a wireless network.
Date Issued: 26th Oct 2006
As a growing number of homes contain more than one computer, their users must find ways to network them. The primary purpose for creating a home network tends to be to provide Internet access to all computers within the house. There are other good reasons, however. These include enabling LAN gaming, data backups from one machine to another and the sharing of music within the home.