MSI Intel Core-X X299M GAMING PRO CARBON AC WiFi Micro ATX Motherboard
MSI X299M GAMING PRO CARBON AC, Intel X299, S 2066, DDR4, SATA3, Dual M.2, 2-Way SLi/CrossFire, WiFi, USB 3.1, MicroATX
Important Information: Please note X299M GAMING PRO CARBON AC does NOT support Intel® Core™ i7-7740X and i5-7640X processors.
Mystic Light: Personalize Your Gaming Rig
Customize and set up your own colour scheme with MSI Mystic Light utility. Select the available colours from the palette to match your system style. Bored of the same colours? Simply change the complete look of your system in 1 second!
• Mystic Light sync.
• 3D X-Mounting.
• Double Flashing.
• Wave / Marquee.
• CPU Temperature.
• No Animation.
Cooling: Stay Cool While Gaming
Cooling your PC is essential for reliable performance. We've made sure to include enough fan headers with full control to allow you to cool your system any way you want.
• 4x fan headers.
• DC/PWM mode.
• Full fan control.
• Watercooling ready.
Gaming Features: Your In-Game Advantage
Outsmart and outperform your opponents in-game using an array of unique MSI GAMING tools. Clever hardware & software tools, created to keep you one step ahead of the competition and boost your skills.
• Gaming Hotkey.
• Gaming Device Port.
• Game Boost.
Storage: Be The First On the Battlefield
This MSI GAMING motherboard supports all the latest storage standards. This allows you to connect any ultra-fast storage device, giving you in-game benefits. Start games faster, load levels faster and have a real advantage over your enemies.
• M.2 Shield.
• 2x M.2.
• Ultra-fast storage caching.
Virtual & Mixed Reality: Immerse Yourself into Virtual Worlds
Integrating the very best of cutting edge technologies on MSI hardware provides a smooth VR ride. Through joint efforts with major VR brands, combined with unique MSI features geared to VR, MSI brings gamers and VR professionals a vivid and realistic experience in which content truly comes alive.
• VR accelerator chip.
• One click VR.
Audio: Sound That Pulls You into The Game
Get the most immersive sound experience when gaming. MSI Audio Boost delivers the highest sound quality through the use of premium quality audio components. This lets you enjoy breath-taking, game-changing sound to create the most exciting gameplay.
• Nahimic 2.
• Audio Boost 4.
• Audio amplifier.
• Audio capacitors.
Gaming LAN: Dominate The Game with The Lowest Latency
Get ready to crush your enemies on the battlefield with MSI GAMING LAN. Featuring the highest quality components tuned to deliver the best online gaming experience without lag.
• Dual Intel® Gaming LAN.
• Bandwidth management.
• LAN protect.
• Intel® WiFi.
Memory: Unmatched Memory Performance
MSI motherboards are crammed with features to fuel your gaming rig's memory with more speed, higher overclockability and increased stability.
• Optimal layout.
• 100% compatibility.
• XMP LED.
Extreme Performance: Designed for Overclocking
Combining industries best components with MSI’s top notch R&D design, you can count on this motherboard to deliver world class performance. System tuning and troubleshooting tools are at your disposal to push your system to new heights.
• 10 Phase Power Design.
• For power users.
USB: Maximize Your USB Device Performance
Transfer your favourite games, music and movies over USB faster than ever. MSI offers a wide variety of options to connect and boost your USB 3.1 devices, delivering lightning-fast transfer speeds up to 10Gb/s!
• Double bandwidth USB 3.1.
• Reversible Type-C connector.
• Front USB 3.1.
• Boost your USB.
Software: Apps to Help You Win
With years of experience in creating performance enhancing tools that are easy to use, only the highest quality applications are at your disposal. Use these tools to get the most out of your motherboard and achieve victory when gaming.
• Command Center.
• Live Update.
Quality & Protection: Built On Everlasting Quality
Using only the finest quality components and integrating the latest technological innovations delivers the best possible gaming and professional experience. Rigorous quality testing under the most extreme conditions ensures a super reliable, high performance motherboard.
• M.2 Shield.
• Steel Armour.
• Military Class 6.
• Gaming Certified.
BIOS: A Gamers' BIOS
We made sure our BIOS contains all the latest options and is easy to use for everyone. The extensive features let you fine-tune your system to deliver reliable maximum performance when gaming.
• Easy/advanced mode.
• Convenient search.
• Hardware monitor.
• System saver. Features • Supports New Intel® Core™ X-Series Processor i9-79xx & i7-78xx for LGA 2066 Socket.
• Supports DDR4-4200+(OC) Memory.
• Mystic Light: 16.8 million colours / 17 effects controlled in one click with Mystic Light App.
• Designed for Extreme Performance: Turbo Socket with Game Boost, DigitAll Power Design.
• Lightning Fast Game Experience: Twin Turbo M.2 with M.2 Shield and Intel Optane Memory Ready, Lightning USB 3.1 Gen2.
• 3D Printing Support: 3D X-Mounting screws.
• DDR4 Boost: Give your DDR4 memory a performance boost.
• VR Ready and VR Boost: Best virtual reality game experience without latency, reduces motion sickness. Supports Nahimic VR & TriDef VR.
• Audio Boost 4 with Nahimic 2+: Reward your ears with studio grade sound quality for the most immersive gaming experience.
• Dual Gaming LAN and Wireless Support, Powered by Intel®: The best online gaming experience with lowest latency and bandwidth management.
• Multi-GPU: With Steel Armour PCI-E slots. Supports 2-Way NVIDIA SLI™ & 2-Way AMD Crossfire™.
• System Saver: 3 easy to use options to successfully boot your system again.
• In-Game Weapons: Game Boost, Gaming Hotkey, X-Boost, Xsplit Gamecaster, App Manager.
• Gaming Certified: 24-hour on- and offline game and motherboard testing by eSports players.
• Click BIOS 5: Award-winning BIOS with high resolution scalable font, favourites and search function.
• WHQL Certified: For Windows 10.
|RAM Memory Support|
|Memory Channel||Quad (4)|
|Memory Type (ECC)||Non-ECC|
|Memory Type (R/U)||UDIMM (Unbuffered)|
|Memory Speed (Mhz)||
|Max. Memory Capacity||64GB (4x16GB)|
|Audio||Realtek ALC1220 7.1 HD Audio|
|Primary GPU Interface||PCIe 3.0 (x16)|
|SLI Support||2-Way SLi|
|Crossfire Support||2-Way CrossFire|
|On-Board Graphics Connectors||None|
|SATA Support||SATA3 / M.2|
|RAID Support via||SATA3 / M.2|
|Storage Mode Support||
|Network Interface Type||
|Rear I/O Connectors||
|Other Motherboard Specifications|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
Warranty information has not yet been updated for this product. For further information please call 0871 472 4747 or 01204 474747.
Date Issued: 22nd Jun 2017
These are exciting times to be in the market for a new CPU. AMD is back in the game with its competitive Ryzen processors, while Intel has upped the ante in the enthusiast space with a refresh of its High-end Desktop (HEDT).