MOTU M64 USB Audio Interface With MADI
MOTU M64 AES3 and S/PDIF USB Audio Interface, 256 Channels of MADI I/O, AVB Networking, DSP Mixing and FX
By DPD On 15th Nov 2018
to your specified address. |
Receive SMS with one-hour delivery window
Weekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Have your parcel delivered by DPD to your specified address. Receive SMS with one-hour delivery windowWeekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Collect from our Bolton store, BL6 6PE |
Order online, collect from our Bolton store (25-28 Enterprise Park, Middlebrook, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 6PE)
Protect against installation damage for 28 days.
ScanProtect is an enhanced warranty specifically designed and offered by Scan to reduce the risk of any mishap or damage to components during installation.
Our aim with ScanProtect is to encourage our customers to upgrade or build their own PC confidently. For a small additional fee our customers are provided with complete peace of mind.
Housed in a compact, aluminum alloy enclosure you can take anywhere, the M64 is equally well-suited for studio, stage or industrial applications, with or without a computer. As an interface, router, repeater, splitter, converter or stand-alone mixer, the M64 provides two independent banks of 64-channel MADI input and output, 64 channels of audio networking input and output, plus stereo headphone output, for an astonishing 386 simultaneous I/O channels.
Connect your MADI-equipped gear and then record, monitor, route, process and convert all of these live inputs using the on-board 48-channel large console-style mixer, with no latency and no processor strain on your computer. Apply hardware DSP-driven effects processing to inputs, outputs and busses, independent of your host computer. Add Classic Reverb™ with lengths up to 60 seconds. Further sculpt your sound with 4-band parametric EQ, modeled vintage compression, and gating.
After recording and mixing in the studio, unplug the M64 from the computer and take it on the road for operation as a stand-alone mixer with effects. Connect an Apple Airport™ or other Wi-Fi router with a standard Ethernet cable and control everything from your smartphone and tablet, or both simultaneously.
Through AVB Ethernet, connect another MOTU AVB interface for more I/O - or connect to an expanded MOTU AVB network with multiple interfaces and computers. Control everything from your favorite web browser running on your laptop, tablet and smartphone connected wirelessly or locally to the audio network.
From studio to stage to corporate campus, the M64 delivers state-of-the-art operation and rock solid performance.
Features • 256 channels of MADI I/O - Optical MADI (64 channels in and out), plus independent coaxial/BNC MADI (64 channels in and out) with extra duplicate output, in all standard formats and sample rates.
• Flexible repeater, router, converter and splitter - Send any input to any output, or split to multiple output channels. Convert optical MADI to coax MADI. Includes routing to and from the computer, plus any devices on the AVB-TSN network.
• Stand-alone operation with wireless control - Connect a standard Wi-Fi router with a standard Ethernet cable for wireless control of device settings, routing/splitting, powerful 48-channel mixing and DSP effects.
• DSP mixing and effects processing - Flexible 48-input digital mixer with 7 stereo aux busses, 3 stereo groups, access to 64 network inputs, and DSP effects, including reverb, 4-band EQ, gate and compression.
• Ultra-low latency and proven, high-performance MOTU drivers - Universal connectivity over high-speed USB 2.0 (3.0 and iOS compatible) and AVB. Renowned drivers deliver industry-leading low latency and rock solid performance.
• Convenient headphone monitoring - Assignable front-panel headphone output with volume control allows for monitoring of any stereo channel pair.
• Word clock I/O - Standard word clock input and output for resolving to other digital audio gear or house sync.
• Comprehensive metering - The full-color LCD lets you view all signal activity at a glance with detailed metering for all I/O. Access hardware settings from a simple and convenient menu.
• 32-bit floating point processing - The M64's mixing and effects DSP engine delivers virtually unlimited headroom and the utmost in sound quality.
• Modeled vintage effects processing - Classic reverb. Compression modeled after the legendary LA-2A compressor. EQ modeled after British analog console EQs.
• Web app control from any device - Control everything from your favorite web browser on a laptop, tablet and smartphone connected to your local Wi-Fi network.
• System expansion - Add a 2nd MOTU AVB-equipped interface with a simple CAT-5e ethernet cable. Connect up to five MOTU interfaces using a MOTU AVB Switch (sold separately).
• AVB-TSN audio networking - Build a network with multiple interfaces and computers using standard AVB-TSN switches and network cabling, with ultra-low network latency, even over long cable runs (100 meters point to point). Stream hundreds of audio channels among devices and computers on the network.
• Audio analysis tools - includes a full-screen real-time FFT display, spectrogram "waterfall" display, full-featured oscilloscope, X-Y plot and phase analyzer.
• AudioDesk - Includes AudioDesk workstation software for Mac and Windows with 24-bit recording, sample-accurate editing and 32-bit mixing and mastering.
|Computer Interface Type||
|Analogue Inputs (Total)|
|Analogue Outputs (Total)||1|
|Mic Preamps (Max)|
|Instrument Inputs (Max)|
|Sample Rate (Max)||192 kHz|
|Dynamic Range||n/a dB|
|Dimensions (mm)||22 x 4.5 cm x 17.75 WxHxD|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 12 months
- Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 30 days
- RTB Period:
- 12 months
Date Issued: 21st Oct 2008
You've probably read the USB Tekspek, and perhaps your intrigue, or product interest, has lead you to look up Firewire as well. The two are similar in some respects, particularly some of the products that use the two technologies. However, Firewire has its differences, which means it has both benefits and drawback when compared to USB. This Tekspek will look at Firewire and also look at it with respect to USB.
Date Issued: 21st Oct 2008
In computing terms, system buses are used to connect various components to the motherboard’s core logic and, often, to each other. Modern PCs run with a multitude of high-speed buses ranging from the interconnects between, say, the chipset and the CPU, graphics card, memory, and peripherals.
Date Issued: 14th Jul 2008
This TekSpek explains the essentials required to run a 64-bit operating system and native 64-bit applications on a modern 64-bit capable PC system.
Date Issued: 25th Jun 2008
Updating drivers can sometimes be a bit of a gamble. Will the drivers come with an installer? Will you need to uninstall the old drivers first? Many drivers these days do come with an installer, which simplifies the process dramatically.