FREE DELIVERY Free delivery on your entire order. Only available on standard next day delivery to non-premium UK addresses.
Delivered to you on Tue 25th Oct
£770.00 Ex VAT
£924.00 Inc VAT
Delivered by DPD
Tue 25 Oct. Delivered to your specified address. Receive SMS with one-hour delivery window.
Free delivery on your entire order. Only available on standard next day delivery to non-premium UK addresses.
Place your order online and collect from our Bolton store with Q-Collect.
Weekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
MOTU 24Ai Thunderbolt & USB Audio Interface
MOTU 24Ai AVB Thunderbolt + USB Interface, 192 kHz. 24 Bit, iPad Compatible
Introducing the 24Ai and 24Ao, two new audio interfaces from MOTU that offer 24 channels of high-quality analog audio input or output in a single rack space, combined with three banks of ADAT optical, for a total of 72 channels of I/O.
24 channels of analog
All analog I/O is supplied on standard DB-25 D-sub connectors or 12-pin Phoenix (Euroblock) connectors for studio and industrial installations alike. Similar to the 1248, 8M and 16A, the 24Ai and 24Ao are equipped with DSP-driven mixing/effects and AVB Ethernet. With all five AVB interface models, you can mix and match complementary I/O configurations and unify operation on their shared AVB audio networking platform.
Universal connectivity with expansion and networking
The new 24Ai and 24Ao connect to a computer through universally compatible USB 2.0, which provides more than enough bandwidth for 24 analog channels, even for a system that includes both a 24Ai (24 analog inputs) and a 24Ao (24 analog outputs). For expanded systems, you could employ a Thunderbolt-equipped interface, such as the 16A, for 256-channel computer I/O, with the 24Ai and 24Ao units connected through AVB networking, which supports hundreds of network channels. All devices on such a network can stream audio to and from the computer, and everything can be controlled simultaneously from any computers, tablets, and smart phones connected to the network.
A shared technology platform
The 24Ai and 24Ao share the same extensive feature set and technology platform as the 1248, 8M and 16A, including very high quality analog performance, digitally controlled analog trim on analog inputs, 32-bit DAC trim on analog outputs, 48-channel mixing modeled after large format mixing consoles, DSP effects with 32-bit floating point precision, flexible matrix-style routing and splitting, stand-alone operation, Wi-Fi control, and industry-standard AVB networking with sub-millisecond network latency.
• Superb audio quality — Employs the same industry-recognized analog design as MOTU's groundbreaking 1248, 8M and 16A audio interfaces.
• 72 simultaneous audio channels — 24 high-quality, balanced analog inputs (24Ai) or outputs (24Ao) on three banks of multi-channel connectors (D-sub and Phoenix), plus three banks of 8-channel ADAT optical for 24 analog channels and 48 digital channels.
• Universal connectivity — Connects to a computer with audio class compliant high-speed USB 2.0 (compatible with USB 3.0 and iOS). Discovery app and web app software works alongside any host audio software.
• On-board DSP with mixing and effects — Flexible 48-input digital mixer modeled after large format mixing consoles, with 12 stereo busses and DSP effects, including reverb, 4-band EQ, gate, and compression.
• 32-bit floating point processing — DSP-driven mixing and effects engine delivers virtually unlimited headroom and the utmost in sound quality.
• Modeled vintage effects processing — Classic reverb. Compression modeled after the legendary LA-2A compressor. EQ modeled after British analog console EQs.
• System expansion — Add a 2nd MOTU AVB interface (24Ai, 24Ao, 1248, 8M or 16A) with a simple Cat-5e Ethernet cable. Connect up to five MOTU interfaces using a MOTU AVB Switch (sold separately).
• AVB audio networking — Build a network with multiple interfaces and computers using standard AVB switches and network cabling, with ultra-low network latency, even over long cable runs (100 meters point to point). Stream hundreds of audio channels among devices and computers on the network.
• Matrix routing and splitting — Send any input to any output, or multiple outputs. Includes routing to and from the computer, plus any devices on the AVB network.
• Web app control — Control on-board DSP, mixing, device settings, and network audio routing from web app software running in your favorite browser on a laptop, tablet or smart phone connected by wire or Wi-Fi to your local area network.
• Stand-alone mixing with wireless control — Connect an Apple Airport™ or other Wi-Fi router directly to the 24Ai or 24Ao with a standard Ethernet cable and control powerful mixing and DSP effects from your smart phone or tablet, without a computer. Great for live sound mixing.
• ADAT digital I/O — Use the 24Ai or 24Ao as a 24-channel optical expander for other gear. 24 channels at 44.1/48 kHz or 12 channels at 88.2/96 kHz.
• Comprehensive metering — The large backlit 324 x 24 LCD lets you view all signal activity at a glance with detailed metering for all analog and digital I/O. Access hardware settings from a simple and convenient menu.
• AudioDesk 4.0 — Includes AudioDesk workstation software with 24-bit recording, sample-accurate editing and 32-bit mixing and mastering.
- Computer Interface Type:
- Analogue Inputs (Total):
- Analogue Outputs (Total):
- Connections (Input):
- 3 x 12-pin Phoenix
3 x DB-25
3 x Optical Toslink
1 x word clock
- Mic Preamps (Max):
- Instrument Inputs (Max):
- Phantom Power:
- Sample Rate (Max):
- Bit Resolution:
- iPad Compatible:
- Dynamic Range:
- 110 dB
- Connections (Output):
- 1 x AVB Ethernet
3 x Optical Toslink
1 x USB
1 x word clock
- Dimensions (mm):
- DSP Processing:
- Misc. Notes:
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please click here
- 24 months
- DOA Period:
- 30 days
- RTB Period:
- 12 months
Manufacturer Contact Details
Recommend This Product
To tell a friend about this product please fill out your name and enter their email address.
Find Similar Products
Find similar products with the same specifications as MOTU 24Ai AVB Thunderbolt + USB Interface, 192 kHz. 24 Bit, iPad Compatible . Please choose from the list below.