Modal ARGON8x Polyphonic Synthesiser
Modal ARGON8X 8 Voice Polyphonic Wavetable Synthesiser, 61-Key, 1.5" OLED Display, 4-Axis Joystick, Real Time Sequencer
to your specified address. |
Receive SMS with one-hour delivery window
Weekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Have your parcel delivered by DPD to your specified address. Receive SMS with one-hour delivery windowWeekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Collect from our Bolton store, BL6 6PE |
Order online, collect from our Bolton store (25-28 Enterprise Park, Middlebrook, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 6PE)
Protect against installation damage for 28 days.
ScanProtect is an enhanced warranty specifically designed and offered by Scan to reduce the risk of any mishap or damage to components during installation.
Our aim with ScanProtect is to encourage our customers to upgrade or build their own PC confidently. For a small additional fee our customers are provided with complete peace of mind.
Modal ARGON8X 61 Key Polyphonic Synthesiser
The Modal ARGON8X is based around its revolutionary new wavetable synthesiser engine, ARGON8 products derive much of their heritage and DNA from the highly acclaimed Modal 002.
The ARGON8X is an elongated 61 key version using the same FATAR TP/9S mechanism with aftertouch, for those players who want an extended octave range.
It shares an identical sound engine as the original ARGON8 (37 key version), with 8 voices of true polyphonic flexibility (8 independent signal paths comprising oscillators, filter, envelopes and modulation).
Modal are also excited to also announce the development of ARGON8 Polychaining, which will enable any two ARGON8’s to be in a master/slave configuration over DIN MIDI giving the user 16 note polyphony and the ability to control two ARGON8's from one. Estimated to be introduced in a software update coming March / April.
Modal ARGON8 provides a Class Compliant USB MIDI connection, enabling ARGON8 to play in an integrated setup, and the free software editor MODALapp is available on MacOS, Windows, iOS and Android tablets and phones as well as a VST3 and AU plugin for DAW applications. Features • True 8 voice polyphonic
• 120 carefully crafted wavetables split into 24 banks of 5 morphable waveform sets, covering virtual analogue classics through to cutting edge EDM and many from the original Modal 002 as well as a whole range of mathematically generated tables. Additional PWM bank and 3 noise/modulation banks accessible on Oscillator 2
• 32 static wavetable modifiers including, de-rez, wave folders, wave shapers, phase shapers and rectify that can be applied to the 120 wavetables to give a mind-boggling array of permutations and new waveshapes.
• 32 high resolution wavetable oscillators, 4 per voice
• 8 types of oscillator modifier including: Phase Mod (FM), Ring Mod, Amp Mod, Hard Sync and Windowed Sync
• Voice Drift and Width controls that help to create massive stereo soundscapes
• Multiple keyboard modes, Mono, Poly, Unison 2, unison 4, unison 8, Stack 2 and Stack 4
• Inbuilt sophisticated programmable arpeggiator of 32 steps with rest capability with up to 2048 steps before repeating
• Glide/Portamento with both legato and staccato modes
• 4 Filter types. All filters types are 2 pole state-variable filters, the ‘Standard’ filters are based on the resonant filter found in other Modal products (SKULPTsynthesiser, CRAFTsynth2.0). The ‘Classic’ types have a more rounded character and a softer resonance response.
• 8 assignable modulation slots
• 4 additional fixed modulation routings for common assignments
• 11 modulation sources
• 52 modulation destinations
• 4-axis joystick that can be assigned to a huge range of modulation destinations and virtually ‘locked’ when desired
• 3 dedicated envelope generators for AMP, MOD and FILTER that can be accessed independently or all three simultaneously including negative (inverse) versions
• 2 Audio rate LFO’s with tempo sync (one poly, one global). Polyphonic LFO can sync to frequency divisions
• Waveshaping distortion
• 3 incredibly powerful independent and user configurable stereo FX engines for Chorus, Phaser, Flanger (Pos), Flanger (Neg), Tremolo, LoFi, Rotary, Stereo Delay, Ping-Pong Delay, X-Over Delay and Reverb that can be arranged in any order
• 32-step programmable arpeggiator
• Real time sequencer with 512 notes with input quantise and four recordable / editable parameter animations (Delay FX, LFO’s, sequencer and arpeggiator can be either clocked internally or externally)
• 500 patch memories, all fully editable and ships with 300 factory programs
• 200 user patch spaces. Patch upload and download through the free
• 100 sequencer presets that can be linked to any patch for quickly loading arrangements
• 100 FX presets
• Quick Recalls accessible from the panel for quickly loading your favourite patches. 8 slots on keyboard variants, and 4 on ARGON8M
• Analogue clock sync in and out (configured to the KORG / Teenage Engineering specification)
• MIDI DIN in and out
• Full size quarter inch jacks for stereo audio outs, headphones and external control such as sustain and expression
• 3.5 mm stereo input with ability to route incoming audio through the FX
• FATAR TP/9S Full size keys with both velocity and aftertouch, 37 on the ARGON8 and 61 on the ARGON8X
• 1.54 inch large OLED display – that provides instant visual feedback to the user at all times of playing/editing
• Class compliant MIDI provided over USB connection to host computer or tablet
• Optional MODALapp software editor available for macOS, Windows, iOS and Android
• MODALapp can also be run within your Digital Audio Workstation (DAW), with VST3 and AU versions available
• Power: DC-9.0V - 1.5A centre-positive
• Road ready Steel and Aluminium chassis
|Frequency Response (Input)||N/A|
|Frequency Response (Output)||N/A|
|Maximum Input Level||N/A|
|Maximum Output Level|
|Dimensions (mm)||885 x 100 x 300 (WxHxD)|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 12 months
- Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- RTB Period:
- 12 months
- Scan Computers International Limited