MIDAS Parametric Equaliser 512
MIDAS Parametric Equaliser 512 - 500 Series 4-Band Parametric EQ, Ultra-Low Noise Design
By DPD On 10th Aug
to your specified address. |
Receive SMS with one-hour delivery window
Weekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Have your parcel delivered by DPD to your specified address. Receive SMS with one-hour delivery windowWeekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Collect from our Bolton store, BL6 6PE |
Order online, collect from our Bolton store (25-28 Enterprise Park, Middlebrook, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 6PE)
UPS and DPD Pickup Pickup from local convenience store |
Collect your parcel from your newsagents, petrol stations and convenience stores
Protect against installation damage for 28 days.
ScanProtect is an enhanced warranty specifically designed and offered by Scan to reduce the risk of any mishap or damage to components during installation.
Our aim with ScanProtect is to encourage our customers to upgrade or build their own PC confidently. For a small additional fee our customers are provided with complete peace of mind.
A parametric equaliser allows the operator to address multiple parameters with high precision when applying filters to an audio signal, i.e., a specific frequency can be cut or boosted by an exact amount across an adjustable bandwidth or 'Q'. Such surgical-level equalisation enables fine tuning the filter to reduce the gain at frequencies that are prone to feedback, or remove undesirable tonal qualities and their overtones. Conversely, the ability to increase (boost) the gain at certain frequencies provides the ideal way to add punch to bass and kick drum signals, or to add presence to vocal or solo instrument tonalities. The PARAMETRIC EQUALISER 512 utilises 4 overlapping frequency bands to easily and expertly craft professional-grade output signals both in the studio and during live performance. And when it comes to sound quality, MIDAS products are recognised by engineers the world over as the class leader for their warm and responsive delivery.
Built from the bottom up, the 512 EQ strip operates across 4 overlapping frequency bands: Bass (20 Hz to 400 Hz); Lo Mid (100 Hz to 2 kHz); Hi Mid (400 Hz to 8 kHz); and Treble (1 kHz to 20 kHz). The Frequency and Gain (-15 dB to +15 dB) adjustments are provided in the form of stacked dual concentric controls, with Gain on the knob and Frequency on the outer ring. All give instant access to fully variable gain and frequency settings in their respective operating bands.
512's Bass and Treble Width controls (Q) are non-functional while in traditional MIDAS shelving mode, which is the default (Bell switches disengaged). When the Bell switches are pressed and illuminated, the Bass and Treble Width controls provide parametric operation. The Lo Mid and Hi Mid frequency bands are always in parametric operating mode so when both Bell switches are engaged, all 4 Width controls provide fully variable parametric equalisation. Features • Compact 500 Series module with enhanced MIDAS HERITAGE 3000 four band fully parametric equaliser
• Advanced design with low power consumption gives extended component life
• Power up mute relays prevent switch on thumps
• True hardware bypass selection switch removes all circuitry from the signal path when equalisation is not required
• Ultra low noise design using premium quality op-amps
• High performance electronically balanced input stage with high common-mode rejection
• Discrete transistor driven transformer balanced output
• Fully variable bandwidth controls on all four bands in bell mode
• Bass and treble bands with selection switches for bell or shelving responses
• Precision dual concentric controls give instant access to fully variable gain and frequency settings
• Class leading equaliser acclaimed for it's warm and responsive character with fast easy setup
• Premium quality components throughout for a crystal-clear audiophile signal path
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 12 months
- Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- RTB Period:
- 12 months
- Scan Computers International Limited