MIDAS Microphone Preamplifier 502
MIDAS Microphone Preamplifier 502 - 500 Series Premium Mic/Line Pre amp
to your specified address. |
Receive SMS with one-hour delivery window
Weekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Have your parcel delivered by DPD to your specified address. Receive SMS with one-hour delivery windowWeekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Collect from our Bolton store, BL6 6PE |
Order online, collect from our Bolton store (25-28 Enterprise Park, Middlebrook, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 6PE)
UPS and DPD Pickup Pickup from local convenience store |
Collect your parcel from your newsagents, petrol stations and convenience stores
Protect against installation damage for 28 days.
ScanProtect is an enhanced warranty specifically designed and offered by Scan to reduce the risk of any mishap or damage to components during installation.
Our aim with ScanProtect is to encourage our customers to upgrade or build their own PC confidently. For a small additional fee our customers are provided with complete peace of mind.
The MIDAS Microphone Preamplifier is considered by leading live sound and recording engineers as the very essence of the famous MIDAS sound. Decades of design experience paired with premium-grade components is the foundation of that acclaimed warmth and depth, which brings out subtle ambience, maintains spatial positioning, and more effectively captures a precise sound image. That warm and organic MIDAS sound has been heard by millions of concert goers and recorded for posterity on countless live albums. The award-winning mic preamplifier in the 502 module has even been upgraded via the implementation of four discrete ultra low noise input transistors for even more transparent and ultra low noise performance.
Over the years, many mix engineers have found this robust and overload-tolerant preamp design takes on a whole new dimension when driven hard. The 502 modules input stage allows up to +24 dBu signal levels with no pad requirement, while featuring the much loved soft clipping characteristic that provides crystal-clear audiophile reproduction with just the right amount of harmonics.
Our XL4 mixers are legendary for their uncompromising sonic characteristics, impressive versatility, and ease of use. The 502 mic preamp honours that legacy by bringing back the low and high pass filters that helped make the XL4 so popular. The low pass filter control adjusts the filter frequency from 1 kHz to 40 kHz, while the high pass filter control adjusts from 10 Hz to 400 Hz (both -3 dB points).
The default output of the 502 module is the same electronically balanced output you will find on most MIDAS mixing consoles. This configuration provides an extremely clean signal even when operating at very high signal levels. But you also have the option of selecting a discrete transistor-driven transformer balanced output stage by engaging the TX switch. 502's transformer provides galvanic isolation and generates a more vintage sound, and becomes saturated at lower frequencies to add colour when driven hard. The output levels of the electronic and transformer outputs are matched to allow true A-B comparisons on the fly. Features • High performance, compact 500 Series premium MIDAS microphone/line preamplifier
• Power up mute relays prevent switch on thumps
• Illuminated switches for filters, +48V, polarity reverse and electronic/transformer output select
• Large gain trim knobs provide precise control of input and output gains
• Total gain range is an amazing -20 dB to +80 dB easily accommodating low output mics
• Output gain trim with ±20 dB range controls input and output stage colouration
• High accuracy rotary switch gain control with 60 dB range in 5 dB steps
• Unique twin precision 11 segment LED circular input and output level metering
• Switchable electronic or discrete transistor driven transformer balanced output for sonic flexibility
• Classic MIDAS XL4 swept low and high pass filters with independent selection switches
• Legendary MIDAS input allows up to +24 dBu signal levels with no pad while featuring the much loved soft clipping characteristic
• Award-winning MIDAS amp has been enhanced with quad discrete ultra low noise input transistors
• Premium quality components throughout for a crystal-clear audiophile signal path
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 12 months
- Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- RTB Period:
- 12 months
- Scan Computers International Limited