DIGITAL DIRECTOR is the only Apple certified (MFi – Made for iPad Certification) electronic device that connects your camera and iPad to help manage the photo and video workflow, from setting your camera to sharing your pictures.
DIGITAL DIRECTOR is the ideal companion for pro and enthusiast image makers who want to make their shooting workflow more effective and intuitive. DIGITAL DIRECTOR ensures a reliable USB cabled connection between camera and iPad, and through its dedicated App allows to monitor the shoot and control the camera settings. It works with Canon and Nikon DSLRs* and iPad Air 2.
DIGITAL DIRECTOR features a dedicated CPU (micro-processor ARM® Cortex®-A8) that together with its dedicated App, provides an interface between iPad and camera, which enables the iPad to understand and control the camera protocols:
• All the key shooting parameters can be controlled starting from different camera protocols
• The video streaming between devices is smooth, consistent and presenting extremely low latency at the same time
• The download of the high quality images into the iPad is very fast
The dedicated Digital Director App enables:
• Remote control of camera parameters
All the DSLR’s key parameters can be monitored and dynamically modified (Exposure, ISO, Shutter Speed, Aperture, Manual Focus, WB, Image Quality, Focus/Camera/Drive Modes
• Remote control of LED lights
Individual or group of Manfrotto LYKOS and Litepanels ASTRA LEDs (up to 13 lights) can be remotely controlled via Bluetooth® (turn on/off, adjust dimming level and color temperature, set up groups and configure/save multiple scenes)
• Remote shooting via iPad retina display
Effective real time “Live View” monitoring through a certified cable connection. This ensures a stable connection between devices. Dynamic histogram and audio level display allows greater control when shooting.
• Interactive focus & focus peaking
Interactive Focus can be used to select the focus point anyway on the screen together with the digital zoom that magnifies the selected focus point. The on screen focus peaking indicator ensure crisp accurate focus.
• Zebra filter
Zebra filter uses striped patterns to indicate the overexposed and/or underexposed areas of the image.
• Download the images onto the iPad
Check all the details of the image shot by viewing the downloaded high resolution file. All the details of the image, such as focus and exposure can be checked using standard iPad «gestures».
• Intuitive image adjustment
Put the finishing touches on the image within the same App: check histogram, crop free or with proportion, rotate, set exposure, saturation, contrast, light, blur, check EXIF information and save the image.
• Simple management of the shoot
Everything under control: from image ratings to “Job” organizing (albums, shoot profiles and connection profiles).
• Content distribution
Multiple ways to share the images: - Direct to FTP
- By E-mail
- On social networks (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) by simply moving the selected images in the iPad camera roll. Images can be shared with their rating via FTP and e-mail.
Manfrotto’s DIGITAL DIRECTOR is a ground-breaking product. Its capacity to provide real time monitoring assistance, superior efficiency post-production management and control of the photography and videography workflow is being met with strong market recognition and was recently acclaimed as the Most Innovative Product at NAB 2015.
DIGITAL DIRECTOR is supplied with AC adapter and plugs and 1m USB cable.
The Digital Director App is included in the price and it’s downloadable from the Apple App Store.
• Apple certified electronic device with built-in microprocessor
• Stable and reliable USB connection between camera and iPad
• Intuitive dedicated iPad application
• Remote shooting and control of all key parameters and focus
• Download, post production and sharing of pictures
Weight: 290 g
Compatibility: iPad Air 2
Battery Type: 4 x AA
Maximum Working Temperature: 40 C
Voltage: 5V DC
Battery Life: 15 hours
Mounting Method: 3/8" universal mount