Magma ExpressBox 3T
Magma ExpressBox 3T - 3 Slot Thunderbolt 2 to PCIe Expansion
to your specified address. |
Receive SMS with one-hour delivery window
Weekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Have your parcel delivered by DPD to your specified address. Receive SMS with one-hour delivery windowWeekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Collect from our Bolton store, BL6 6PE |
Order online, collect from our Bolton store (25-28 Enterprise Park, Middlebrook, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 6PE)
Protect against installation damage for 28 days.
ScanProtect is an enhanced warranty specifically designed and offered by Scan to reduce the risk of any mishap or damage to components during installation.
Our aim with ScanProtect is to encourage our customers to upgrade or build their own PC confidently. For a small additional fee our customers are provided with complete peace of mind.
• Hot-swappable Fan.
• 3 PCIe Slots.
• 250 Watts.
• 20 Gbps.
• Additional fan.
ExpressBox 3T provides an ‘outside-the-box’ solution for using PCIe cards with Thunderbolt™ 2-equipped computers. High-performance work flows are possible by connecting a Thunderbolt 2-equipped computer to a Thunderbolt™ 2 expansion chassis containing PCIe cards such as video capture, media transcoding, audio processing, and fast data storage. And because Thunderbolt™ 2 is also based on DisplayPort technology, you can daisy chain a high-resolution display with yournMagma ExpressBox 3T.
Do you own a RED Rocket or RED Rocket-X card? We stock the special RED kit for the Magma EB3T HERE
If you require SAS/SATA drive expansion you will need SAS/SATA Drive Cage For Magma EB3T - 4 Drive Capacity plus a compatible controller card such as the ATTO ExpressSAS R680
We also stock a rackmount kit designed especially for use with the EB3T and Mac Pro Magma Mac Pro Rackmount Kit
*Please note, if your EB3T has the extra drivebays installed the RED Rocket/Rocket-X cards will NOT fit! Features Benefits
• Supports (3) full-length PCI Express cards (*8.5" and shorter with drive bays installed)
• Attach PCIe cards to Thunderbolt™ 2-enabled computer
• Extension of PCI Express signals outside the computer
• Daisy-chain or end-point device
• Thunderbolt™ 2 features speeds up to 20Gbps
• Easy Plug and Play installation
• Use any combination of x1, x4, x8 and x16 PCIe cards
• Hot-swappable cooling fan
• Works with Mac OS X 10.6.8 or higher and Windows 7 and 8
• Additional blower for extra hot cards
• Optional built in drivebay for up to four (4) 2.5? SSD or SAS/SATA drives
• 250W power supply with (2) auxiliary power connectors
• Backplane - (3) Full-Length PCI Express Slots*
- one x8 PCIe (slotted to accommodate x16 card)
- one x8 PCIe
- one x 4 PCIe
- Compatible with ALL of card lengths: 1/2 length, 3/4 length and full length
• Cable Required - Thunderbolt (Sold Separately)
• Interconnect Bandwidth - 20 Gbps Bi-directional
• Hard Drive Support - Optional built in drivebay for up to four (4) 2.5" SSD or SAS/SATA drives
(when using the drivebay, maximum card length is limited to 8.5")
• Material - Aluminum Chassis
• Dimensions - 14.6” L x 4.3” W x 7.9” H (371mm x 110mm x 200mm)
• Weight - 6 lbs (2.72 kg)
• (1) Hot Swappable Fan
• (1) Removable Blower Fan
• 250W, 100-240 VAC, 50-60HZ
• Two 4-pin auxiliary power tabs
• Ambient Temperature - 0º to 50º C
• Storage Temperature - -20º to 60º C
• Relative Humidity - 5% to 85% non-condensing
• FCC - Class A Verified
• RoHS - Compliant
Supported Operating Systems
• Windows 7, 8
• Mac OS X Yosemite
• 30 day money back guarantee
• 1 year return to factory
• Lynx Studio
• Universal Audio
• See PCIe Card Compatibility for more
• Blower (if needed for cooling)
• Carry Bag
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 12 months
- Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- RTB Period:
- 1 months