M-Audio have cracked the code and worked out how to get a sleek all in one controller that stands out of the pack.
Meet the Code 61, it has velocity- and pressure-sensitive keys, heaps of assignable knobs, faders and buttons and a X/Y Touchpad.
Also coming with some very cool software the Code brings power and thoughtful design to the keyboard controller game.
Playing the Code
The Code 6 has lovely all new natural profile velocity- and pressure-sensitive keys.
M-Audio really made sure that this keyboard could be used as an expressive tool not just a bunch of white and black keys. Assignable Knobs, faders and more If you are a player or producer then you probably are aware of how helpful anything assignable on a keyboard really is. The Code offers up 8 360 encoders to control virtual synth parameters, 9 faders to control the mixer in your DAW and more, Transport controls (play, stop, rec etc),16 RGB velocity-sensitive trigger pads for drums and sample slices , a XY pad for HID control and 9 assignable buttons that let you assign keyboard hotkey and MIDI messages. This really will become the interface to your whole studio and now with ASCII/HID keyboard shortcut commands you can map common shortcuts like undo, cut, paste etc right to a button on your playable keyboard. Once you sit down at the Code you really have no reason to get back up.
The Code also supports Mackie Control/HUI control modes, so right out of the box you are ready to work with most DAWs with minimal setup. Lighting Up The Code looks like a 1970s Disco floor when you 1st look at it but all those colors are very helpful when it comes to workflow. First off are the 16 assignable RGB backlit velocity sensitive drum pads. Having that visual feedback when tapping out a beat or melody is a game changer as you can see what you need to hit and even how hard to hit it. The buttons, knobs and faders are also color-coded and give you instant visuals to let you know what mode you are in.
Software Included Ableton Live Lite + full versions of AIR Music Technology’s award winning virtual instruments Loom and Hybrid 3.0
Ableton Live Lite
The Software of choice for many of todays top producers. From using the game changing session view to build up an arrangement or bang out a live set to using the more traditional one page arrangement view. Ableton Live lite covers the spectrum in modern Digital music creation. Use the infamous Ableton Drum, Instrument, and Effect Racks to take your productions to a new level. Make sure to check out the incredible native studio effects including EQ, compression, reverb, delay, chorus, filter and more or simply use any of your own 3rd party VST and AU instruments and effects. Ableton Live lite is the perfect kick-start or taster for those who want to see what all the Ableton live fuss is about.
Loom is a sound designer or synth nerds dream. This is a modular additive synthesizer with a shape-shifting Morph Pad. Which means making unique sounds and morphing patches into one another is now easier than ever before. Loom is capable of anything from wobbles, ethereal pads, ambient soundscapes, and much more.
Hybrid 3.0 high-definition virtual synthesizer that combines old skool analogue sounds with a full range of futuristic digital manipulation capabilities. There is over 1200 presets to get you started but hybrid really shines when you start to tweak the 6 oscillators. Heaps of filtering options, step sequencer, envelopes, fx as well as 8 lfos, Hybrid is the best of both the analogue and the digital worlds.
• 61 full-size, velocity-sensitive keys with aftertouch and four assignable zones for splits and layering.
• Fully assignable XY pad for HID control and a unique way for controlling multiple parameters in virtual instruments
• 16 fully assignable velocity-sensitive trigger pads for beat production, clip launching, and more
• 8 assignable 360 encoders for manipulating your DAW, virtual instruments and plugins
• 9 assignable faders lets you control your DAW, virtual instruments and plugins
• 9 assignable buttons lets you assign keyboard hotkey and MIDI messages for controlling your DAW and Virtual Instruments
• Mackie/HUI transport control enables a simple setup with the most popular DAWs
• LCD provides instant parameter feedback
• Sustain and Volume pedal input for further creative control
• USB-powered with 5 pin MIDI in and out allows for sending MIDI from PC sequencers to your favorite analog synth
• Includes Ableton Live Lite
• Includes Hybrid 3.0 and Loom by AIR Music Technology
Find Similar Products
Find similar products with the same specifications as M-Audio Code 61 - 61 Key USB MIDI Controller With X/Y Pad, White . Please choose from the list below.