LaCie 16TB 2big Thunderbolt 2/USB 3 Dual-Disk RAID
LaCie 16TB 2big Thunderbolt 2/USB 3 Professional External Dual-Disk Hardware RAID
to your specified address. |
Receive SMS with one-hour delivery window
Weekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Have your parcel delivered by DPD to your specified address. Receive SMS with one-hour delivery windowWeekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Collect from our Bolton store, BL6 6PE |
Order online, collect from our Bolton store (25-28 Enterprise Park, Middlebrook, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 6PE)
• Dual Thunderbolt 2 ports for 4K workflows
• Innovative design with RAID for reliability
• USB 3.0 for PC and Mac® compatibility
Thunderbolt 2 Speeds for the 4K Era
With Thunderbolt 2 technology, the interface is no longer the performance bottleneck. For the 2big, LaCie harnessed the breakthrough performance potential of the Thunderbolt 2 I/O, squeezing the absolute best speeds out of the hard disks. Add a hardware RAID controller and 7200RPM disks and the result is incredible, sustained speeds of up to 420MB/s that turbocharge file transfers and backups.
With this kind of speed, videographers can edit multiple 2K uncompressed 10-bit streams or play back compressed 4K video. Digital photographers can browse a massive RAW photo library with zero lag. And, thanks to support for DisplayPort 1.2, it's now possible to daisy chain higher-resolution displays such as 4K monitors.
Versatility for Pro Environments
With USB 3.0 and Thunderbolt 2 interfaces, the LaCie 2big gets the best possible speeds on any late-model PC or Mac. And, USB 3.0 backward compatibility means that you can connect the LaCie 2big to any standard computer. With support for exFAT and built-in hardware RAID, you can seamlessly connect to both PC and Mac computers without losing your RAID configuration. Whatever your workstation, move mountains of data - fast.
Thunderbolt 2 continues to support daisy chaining of up to six devices to a computer via a single cable (included in the box). This means that professionals can daisy chain up to five LaCie 2bigs plus a 4K display to a computer, bringing capacity, incredible speed, and convenience. Thunderbolt 2 is also backward compatible and uses the same cables and connectors as first-generation Thunderbolt** devices and computers.
RAID for Speed or Security
In addition to compatibility with any computer, hardware RAID delivers sustained performance and better reliability. The LaCie 2big's range of RAID modes also gives you the flexibility to tailor the product to meet your needs. It's incredibly easy to change the RAID mode, but impossible to do so accidently. You can leave it in RAID 0*** (FAST) mode to maximize speed and capacity for working on current projects, and then move completed projects to archival storage incredibly quickly.
Or configure the LaCie 2big in RAID 1 or Mirroring (SAFE) mode, which provides data protection if one disk fails. And thanks to hot-swappable disks, you can simply replace a disk - from the front - with zero data loss and no work interruption. Even in RAID 1, impressive transfer speeds slash the time it takes to perform backups, making it easier to back up more frequently. The LaCie 2big even features JBOD, so you can see and use each disk independently.
Innovative Design, Breakthrough Usability
When reengineering the industrial design of the 2big from the ground up, LaCie relentlessly focused on usability for professionals.
- Power-Saving Mode
Save energy by pressing the power button to spin down disks without interrupting daisy chain transfers. Press and hold the button to shut down the product completely.
- Front-Accessible Disks & Disk Status LEDs
Conveniently and quickly remove and replace disks from the front of the product. Keep track of disk health and RAID build status with the front-facing disk status LEDs.
- Redesigned Heat Dissipation System
The cooling system more effectively diverts heat from components, ensuring long-term reliability. The fan pulls cool air through an unobstructed path from the front to the back. And the rear exhaust area size is 500% larger, allowing hot air to escape much faster.
- Integrated Cable Lock
Prevent accidentally disconnected interface or power cables without compromising the look and design of the product.
- Effective, Whisper-Quiet Noctua® Fan
Work in silence thanks to the ultra-quiet, thermoregulated Noctua NF-A6x25 FLX fan. Not only does it turn on and off and at different speeds according to temperature, it also features extra-large blades, located at the rear of the enclosure. As a result, the fan produces an almost imperceptible amount of noise.
- Wider and More Stable
Thanks to a wider footprint but 10% more compact design compared to the previous generation of LaCie 2big?, the new LaCie 2big is less likely to tip and is even easier to stack.
Packed with Value for Pros
With a bundled professional backup software suite and compatibility with Time Machine™ and Windows Backup, the LaCie 2big includes everything you need for secure backup. And with email alerts, busy professionals can monitor their storage before potential problems escalate. This product also includes LaCie Private-Public software, which lets you prevent unauthorized access by password-protecting volumes with AES 256-bit encryption.
Internal Storage Media:
- 2 x hot-swappable* 7200RPM/64MB cache (or greater) hard disks
- 2 x Thunderbolt™ 2 ports
- 1 x USB 3.0 port (UAS and USB 2.0** compatible)
Interface Transfer Rate:
- Thunderbolt 2: 20Gb/s
- USB 3.0: 5Gb/s
Thunderbolt 2 and USB 3.0 - Reads | Writes (MB/s)***
- 6TB/8TB RAID 0: 360 | 360
- 6TB/8TB RAID 1: 170 | 180
- 12TB RAID 0: 420 | 320
- 12TB RAID 1: 205 | 200
- Bidirectional 20Gb/s permits a high-resolution display and RAW 4K video playback
- Reduce power consumption by pressing the front button to spin down disks without disrupting daisy chain transfers (short press initiates power-saving mode; long press turns product off completely
- Preconfigured HFS+ RAID 0
- Hardware RAID 0 (FAST) / 1 (SAFE) / JBOD
- Easy RAID selection button
- Connect up to six Thunderbolt-compatible devices - including Thunderbolt 2 and LaCie Thunderbolt Series products - to a computer via a single Thunderbolt cable**
- AES 256-bit software encryption
- Kensington® lock compatible
- Integrated cable lock
- Aluminum enclosure with improved internal heat dissipation
- Thermoregulated Noctua® cooling fan: effective and whisper-quiet cooling
- System monitoring and email alerts for failure and warning events Front-facing disk status LEDs:
- Acoustic: Idle mode: 25dB
- Operating mode: 26dB
- Operating max: 28dB^
- 100-240V; 50/60Hz; 60W
Dimensions (W x H x D):
- 109 x 130 x 217 mm | 4.3 x 5.1 x 8.5 in.
- 3 kg | 6.6 lbs
• Computer with a Thunderbolt 2, USB 3.0, Thunderbolt**, or USB 2.0** port
• Thunderbolt 2: Latest version of Windows® 7, Windows 8 (see here for drivers information) / Mac OS® X 10.8.5 or later
• USB 3.0: Windows XP^^, Windows Vista®, Windows 7, Windows 8, or Mac OS X 10.6 or later
• Minimum free disk space: 600MB recommended
• Intego® Backup Manager Pro for Mac®
• Genie® Backup Manager Pro for PC
• LaCie Private-Public (protect data with AES 256-bit encryption)
• LaCie Desktop Manager (provides system monitoring and email alerts for temperature or RAID events)
Download product software at www.lacie.com/software/2bigtb2
• LaCie 2big
• External power supply
• USB 3.0 cable (USB 2.0 compatible)
• Thunderbolt cable
• Removable access panel
• RAID selection tool
• CD with User Manual and software
• Quick Install Guide
* Hot swapping will result in data loss in a RAID 0 array.
** To achieve full interface bandwidth, connect the product to either a USB 3.0 or Thunderbolt 2 port on a computer or device.
*** These transfer rates were achieved using AJA System Test when connected to a 13" Macbook Pro® with a 2.8GHz Intel® Core™ i7 processor and 8GB RAM. Actual data rates may vary depending on operating environment and other factors, such as RAID mode, RAID configuration, and disk capacity.
^ These measurements have been made under normal conditions, one meter/three feet from the front of the product. This value may vary with conditions and product configuration.
^^ Windows XP 32-bit does not support volumes with capacities exceeding 2TB
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 24 months
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- RTB Period:
- 24 months
- 0871 472 4747