Intel 18 Core Xeon E7-8890 v3 Haswell Extreme Server CPU/Processor
Intel Xeon E7-8890 v3, S 2011, Haswell-EX, 18 Core, 2.5GHz, 3.3GHz Turbo, 45MB, 32 Lane, 9.6GT/s QPI, 5GT/s DMI,165W,OEM
to your specified address. |
Receive SMS with one-hour delivery window
Weekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Have your parcel delivered by DPD to your specified address. Receive SMS with one-hour delivery windowWeekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Collect from our Bolton store, BL6 6PE |
Order online, collect from our Bolton store (25-28 Enterprise Park, Middlebrook, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 6PE)
Today’s advanced analytics solutions are fundamentally changing the speed with which businesses can extract insights from large data sets. With results delivered in seconds or minutes rather than hours or days, business intelligence can be integrated into critical, real-time processes to drive better results, improve decision making, deliver new services and experiences, and implement new revenue-generating business models.
Four-socket, eight-socket, and larger servers based on the Intel® Xeon® processor E7-8800/4400 v3 product families provide exceptional performance and scalability for real-time analytics operating on multi-terabyte and even petabytescale datasets. With their massive execution resources, large memory capacity, and advanced reliability features, these servers also provide best-in-class support for traditional enterprise applications, such as enterprise resource planning (ERP), data warehousing, and online transaction processing (OLTP).
As workloads continue to grow, these powerful servers can help you expand your IT capabilities to support faster, smarter, more data-driven business models. They can also help you virtualize demanding workloads and move them into private or hybrid clouds, so you can bring new agility, efficiency, and resilience into your mission-critical environments. Features Up to 5.9X Higher Performance for Critical Workloads
With up to 20 percent more cores, threads, cache, and system bandwidth than previous generation processors, the Intel Xeon processor E7 v3 family makes fast work of complex, high-volume transactions and queries. These processors also support both DDR4 and DDR3 memory technologies, so you can balance cost versus performance more flexibly as your workloads grow.
These and other enhancements deliver up to 1.37X the performance for traditional OLTP workloads versus previous generation processors and up to 1.58X higher performance for business intelligence and analytics. Two new technologies provide additional and dramatic gains for many critical enterprise applications.
• Intel® Transactional Synchronization Extensions (Intel® TSX) introduced in the Intel Xeon processor E7 v3 family, provides up to 5.9X higher OLTP performance for optimized database solutions, via a flexible and easy-to-use mechanism that accelerates multi-threaded workloads by dynamically exposing otherwise hidden parallelism.
• Intel® Advanced Vector Extensions 2.0 (Intel® AVX 2.0) with new Fused Multiply Add (FMA) instructions doubles both the maximum number of floating point operations per second (Flops) and the maximum width of vector integer instructions (to 256 bits)—to extend the performance benefits of Intel AVX into enterprise computing.
World-Class Reliability, Availability, and Security
Servers based on the Intel Xeon processor E7 v3 family include Intel® Run Sure Technology which provides Resilient System and Resilient Memory technologies to support mission-critical uptime and advanced data integrity. These systems have been delivering uptime levels comparable to high-end RISC-based systems for several years, and the Intel Xeon processor E7 v3 family adds valuable new Intel Run Sure technologies.
• Enhanced Machine Check Architecture Recovery Gen2 helps to improve system resilience by extending automatic error recovery to the core execution engine.
• Address Range Memory Mirroring helps to improve memory resilience by providing granular control over which memory regions are mirrored. You can mirror critical data for extreme reliability, while leaving more memory available for other workloads.
Other new reliability features include multiple rank sparing, which enables increased memory redundancy, and DDR4 recovery for command and address parity errors. These technologies provide additional support for increasing system uptime and data integrity, while reducing service costs.
The Intel Xeon processor E7 v3 family also includes integrated security technologies that help to protect data, software, and hardware more effectively. Capabilities such as hardware-accelerated encryption and trusted platform launches (based on cryptographically verified “known good states”) support stronger security with less impact on application performance.
Scalability for Any Workload
The Intel Xeon processor E7 v3 family provides a powerful engine for both in-memory and traditional workloads, with up to 18 cores, 36 threads, and 45 MB of last-level cache per socket—plus support for up to 6 TB of memory in a four-socket system and up to 12 TB in an 8-socket system. Even larger configurations are available from select server vendors.
Optimizing platform scalability requires a balanced platform to avoid performance-limiting bottlenecks. Intel offers high-performance storage and networking solutions for the most demanding workloads.
• The Intel® Solid-State Drive Data Center Family for PCIe* (Intel® SSD) delivers up to 5x the throughput of SATA SSDs, with enterprise-class reliability, endurance, and data protection.
• The Intel® Ethernet Controller XL710 (40GbE) provides flexible, high-performance network solutions to keep data flowing more quickly and reliably, even in dense, virtualized environments.
• Intel® QuickAssist Technology offloads cryptographic and data compression workloads to dedicated accelerators to improve performance, while freeing up CPU cycles for improved scalability.
Powerful Virtualization for Data Center Modernization
Servers based on the Intel Xeon processor E7 v3 family provide the performance, scalability, and reliability needed to virtualize enterprise workloads and move them into private or hybrid cloud environments. Platform-wide hardware assists for virtualization enable near-native performance in virtual machines, and advanced telemetry provides better insight for monitoring and orchestrating resources. Two new technologies bring additional flexibility and robustness.
• Cache Monitoring helps to eliminate cache contention among virtual machines. “Noisy neighbors” can be identified and moved before performance is compromised.
• Intel® Virtual Machine Control Structure (VMCS) shadowing allows one hypervisor to run in a virtual machine managed by another hypervisor, without compromising performance. VMCS provides greater security and isolation for ultra-sensitive workloads and for running development/test and production workloads on the same server.
Up to 5.9X higher performance for more responsive applications
• Up to 20 percent more cores, threads, cache, and system bandwidth compared with the previous-generation delivers platform-wide improvements for better overall performance.
• Intel® Transactional Synchronization Extensions (Intel® TSX) accelerate queries and database transactions by dynamically optimizing the execution of critical, lock-protected data sections.
• Intel® Advanced Vector Extensions 2.0 (Intel® AVX 2.0) improves performance for many applications, through wider vector units and new instructions that perform more work per clock cycle.
Scalable memory capacity for real-time analytics across large data sets
• Up to 6 TB per 4-socket server and 12 TB per 8-socket server, with larger scale-up configurations available from select server vendors.
• Support for both DDR4 or DDR3 memory provides flexibility and headroom for future growth.
• Memory performance mode for higher I/O and bandwidth (plus lockstep mode for higher data reliability).
• An integrated I/O controller and support for direct storage-to-cache data transfers help to increase performance for data-demanding applications.
The most advanced reliability features of any Intel Xeon processor family
• Intel® Run Sure Technology includes a robust set of advanced reliability, availability, and serviceability (RAS) technologies to help reduce the frequency and cost of unplanned downtime.
- Enhanced Machine Check Architecture Recovery Gen 2 extends error recovery to the execution core for higher reliability.
- Address range memory mirroring supports extreme data reliability for targeted needs without driving up system-wide memory requirements.
• Multiple DIMM rank sparing and DDR4 recovery for command and address parity errors help to improve uptime and reduce service costs even more.
Hardware-enhanced security to reduce risk
• Intel® Data Protection Technology with Intel® Advanced Standard New Instructions (Intel® AES-NI) and Secure Key enable stronger data protection with less impact on application performance.
• Intel® Platform Protection Technology with Intel® Trusted Execution Technology (Intel® TXT), OS Guard, and BIOS Guard enable higher security, trust, and compliance.
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 12 months
- Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- RTB Period:
- 12 months
- Scan OEM
- 0871 472 4747