Intel Skylake Xeon E3-1225 v5 Quad Core Server CPU 3.3GHz
Intel Xeon E3-1225 v5, S 1151, Skylake, Quad Core, 3.3GHz, 3.7GHz Turbo, 8MB, 350MHz GPU, 33x Ratio, 80W, CPU, Retail
Business computing needs are becoming increasingly sophisticated. Applications that help automate design or iterate financial scenarios are becoming more demanding. Because of these needs, entry-level servers and workstations are becoming foundational to many businesses. At the same time, IT professionals are facing increasing demands for hardware, space, and energy efficiency. Specific solutions for integrated data center graphics workloads are emerging as additional ways to control costs while delivering application-optimized solutions. Business leaders recognize that the Internet has transformed their internal operations and that when they invest in technology, it can bring a competitive advantage, help grow their business, and manage costs while being more productive. Businesses of all sizes must keep up with market dynamics, evolving customer expectations, and the multitude of applications and data. They must be creative in how they support their customers and ultimately grow. Meet the latest Intel® Xeon® processor E3-1200 v5 product family-based platforms—a smart investment for a wide range of business needs and sizes.
In addition to gains in CPU performance, CPU performance per watt, and graphics performance, Intel Xeon processor E3-1200 v5 product family-based platforms offer fast access to data, protect the data’s integrity, and have proven reliability for a range of business needs. Explore the expanded product line to discover new options for data center graphics, in addition to traditional entry-level server and workstation applications.
Built for Professionals
Step up to the performance and visuals demanded by professional-grade CAD or media and entertainment applications. With Intel Xeon processor E3-1200 v5 product family-based workstations, you’ll find the capabilities that get designers, engineers, and animators started.
Accelerate exploration of complex data with the graphics performance of Intel® HD Graphics P530*. Improve the integrity and uptime of design data with ECC memory technology. And with Intel® vPro™ technology, you can make sure your workstations are as secure and manageable as any PC in your organization’s fleet.
Media and entertainment animators, artists, and editors looking to accelerate nonlinear editing or test select special effects—such as blur and motion filters—can work with greater efficiency. Imaging experts are supported by advanced features, access to OpenCL acceleration, and fast processing performance. Your software benefits because the Intel Xeon processor E3-1200 v5 product family has been certified on and optimized for a wide range of third-party ISV applications.
Reliability for Small and Medium Businesses
No matter what the size of your business, the value of your data is enormous. Keep it accessible and better protected at all times with an affordable Intel Xeon processor E3-1200 v5 product family-based server.
For a small or medium business, all of your data is your data center and is your connection to customers, sales, inventory, financial records, and ultimately growth. Protect your customer, inventory, and financial records with a server that delivers the integrity and reliability of an all-day, all-night workhorse. Implementing a powerful server is also a smart investment in growth. You’ll gain the power to deploy new business-class applications and tools that can help you increase sales and improve margins.
A server based on the Intel Xeon processor E3-1200 v5 product family lets you access your information faster and respond to customers sooner from any device on your network. Keep valuable business data safe, help you and your employees become more productive, and position your company for growth with a powerful and affordable small business server based on the Intel Xeon processor E3 family. Features Intel® Xeon® Processor E3-1200 v5 product family
• Server and workstation-class performance, reliability, and security at entry-level price points.
• Accelerate your business growth with up to 1.43x better performance than the first generation of Intel Xeon processor E3 1200 family-based workstations.
• Enhanced energy efficiency and performance.
• Intel’s industry-leading 14nm process technology.
Reliability and Security to Protect Your Business
Support for error-correcting code (ECC) memory
• Better data integrity and system reliability through automatic data correction.
Intel® Rapid Storage Technology enterprise 4.x (Intel RSTe) for servers
• Uninterrupted operation and quick data recovery in the event of a hard drive failure.
• Supports latest server operating systems (OSs), including Red Hat* and SUSE* Linux* OSs.
Intel Rapid Storage Technology 14.x (Intel RST) for workstations
• Uninterrupted operation and quick data recovery in the event of a hard drive failure.
• Dynamic storage acceleration—dynamically adjusts system power state policies based on I/O loading conditions and power profile.
Intel® Data Protection Technology (with Advanced Encryption Standard New Instructions (AES-NI))
• Improves security by encrypting data—without slowing response times.
Intel Data Protection Technology (with Secure Key)
• Enhances security and performance for a wide range of security applications.
• Enables faster, higher-quality cryptographic keys and certificates.
Intel® Platform Protection Technology (with Trusted Execution Technology (TXT))
• Protects your business by increasing security against many digital threats.
• Helps to ensure that the system launches into a known good state.
Intel Platform Protection Technology (with BIOS Guard 2.0)
• Protects your system from malware and denial-of-service (DoS) attacks.
Intel Platform Protection Technology (with OS Guard)
• Improves security by strengthening malware protection.
• Provides hardware-based protection for your server operating system.
Intel® Software Guard Extensions (Intel® SGX)
• Allows application developers to protect sensitive data from unauthorized access or modification by rogue software running at higher privilege levels,8 secures data while in use in a Windows* or Linux* environment.
USB Blocker for servers Improves security and productivity
• Helps prevent malware and unauthorized data transfers by blocking classes of devices.
Responsive Performance To Grow Your Business
Intel® Advanced Vector Extensions 2 (Intel® AVX2)
• Significant performance benefit for developers of imaging, video editing, modeling, and simulation applications.
Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0
• Higher performance when you need it most.
• Accelerates processor and graphics performance for peak loads.
PCI Express* 3.0 ports
• Extra capacity and flexibility for storage and networking connections.
• Up to double the I/O bandwidth of prior-generation PCIe* 2.0.
Serial ATA 3.0 (SATA 3.0)
• Faster data access, system startups, and application load times.
• Doubles data throughput versus previous generation for faster hard drive performance.
Intel® Virtualization Technology (Intel® VT) for IA-32 and Intel 64 (Intel® VT-x)
• Faster performance for core virtualization processes.
• Improves application performance, live migration, provisioning, dynamic load balancing, and disaster recovery.
Intel Virtualization Technology (Intel VT) for Directed I/O (Intel® VT-d)
• Built-in hardware support for I/O virtualization.
• Improves I/O performance, increases system reliability, and provides enhanced memory protection.
Intel® Pro Wireless Display (for workstations)*
• Provides complete collaboration solution with flexibility for workstations.
• High-quality wireless audio and video experience with award-winning ease of use and security.
Please note: Intel HD Graphics & Intel Pro Wireless Display are only supported on Intel Xeon E3-12*5 v5 CPU Models. E3-12*0 v5 Models do not feature Intel HD Graphics.
|CPU Type||Intel Xeon|
|CPU Model||E3-1225 v5|
|Core Size||14 nm|
|No. of Threads||4|
|Core Ratio||33 x|
|Clock Speed||3.3 GHz|
|Turbo Speed||3.7 GHz|
|DMI Speed||8 GT/s|
|Unlocked Core Multiplier||No|
|Unlocked Full Range Base Clock (B-Clock)||No|
|Max. Memory Size||64 GB|
|Max. Memory Speed||DDR4 - 2133 / DDR3L - 1600|
|Max. Memory Channels||2 (Dual Channel)|
|ECC Memory Support||Yes|
|Max. PCIe Lanes Supported||16|
|Processor Graphics||Intel HD Graphics P530|
|Base GPU Speed||350 MHz|
|Max. GPU Speed||N/A|
|Max. GPU Resolution||4096x2304 (4K)|
|L1 Cache (Total)||4 x 32 KB instruction caches, 4 x 32 KB data cache|
|L2 Cache (Total)||256KB x 4|
|L3 Cache (Total)||*See Intel Smart Cache*|
|Intel® Smart Cache||8MB|
|Heatsink||Not Included, Sold Separately|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
Warranty information has not yet been updated for this product. For further information please call 0871 472 4747 or 01204 474747.