Videos, crisper. Gaming, more versatile. Performance, more efficient. With Intel® Core™ i7 processor, your systems and devices work smarter than ever so you can work more effectively than ever with an automatic burst of speed when you need it with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology. With built-in technology like Intel® RealSense™ technology that allows you to interact with your device with just a gesture and revolutionary 3D scanning, computing just got a little bit more human. With built-in Iris™ graphics, watch 4K video on multiple screens, create eye-popping content faster and play seamlessly in 3D. Your experience truly comes to life on screen with 6th generation Intel® Core™ processors.
New architecture and design in 6th Gen Intel Core processors for desktops bring:
• Support for DDR4 RAM memory technology in mainstream platforms, allowing systems to have up to 64GB of memory and higher transfer speeds at lower power when compared to DDR3 (DDR4 speed 2133 MT/s at 1.2V vs DDR3 speed 1600 MT/sat 1.5).
• 6th Gen Intel Core i7 and Core i5 processors come with Intel Turbo boost 2.0 Technology which gives you that extra burst of performance for those jobs that require a bit more frequency.
• Videos come to life in Ultra HD 4K, so users can enjoy amazing and vibrant multimedia experiences on Ultra HD and 4K display (up to 4096x2304 resolution). To deliver this experience, Intel Core'" i7, i5 and i3 processors incorporate support for HEVC, VP8 and VP9.
• Intel Quick Sync Video technology accelerates most video capabilities, allowing users to create and share in real-time and multi-task without interruption.
• 6th Gen Intel Core i7 and Core i5 processors support graphics programmability features such as OpenCL 2.0 so programmers can easily take advantage of the graphics compute capabilities.
• With native support for the new DirectX 12 API, 6th Gen Intel Core processors can provide a better experience for gaming and graphics that take advantage of DirectX 12.
6th Gen Intel Core processors offer hardware-level security features such as:
• Intel Software Guard Extensions (Intel SGX) that help protect your system and your data.
• Intel Memory Protection Extensions that help protect an application's run-time integrity.
• Intel Device Protection Technology with BIOS Guard 2.0 and Intel Device Protection Technology with Boot Guard help protect your system during boot.
Whether you use your PC for gaming, rendering, editing or creating, the 6th Generation Intel Core processor family (S-series) delivers a great PC experience. Features Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0
Dynamically increases the processor's frequency, as needed, by taking advantage of thermal and power headroom when operating below specified limits.
Intel Hyper-Threading Technology
Delivers two processing threads per physical core. Highly threaded applications can get more work done in parallel, completing tasks sooner.
Intel Built-ln Visuals
• Intel HD Graphics: Play HD videos with exceptional clarity, view and edit even the smallest details of photos, and play today's modern games.
• Intel Quick Sync Video: Delivers excellent video conferencing capability, fast video conversion, online sharing, and fast video editing and authoring.
• Intel Clear Video HD: Visual quality and color fidelity enhancements for HD playback and immersive web browsing.
Integrated Memory Controller
Now supporting DDR4 offers stunning memory read/write performance through efficient prefetching algorithms, lower latency, and higher memory bandwidth as compared to previous generations.
Intel Smart Cache
Dynamically allocates shared cache to each processor core, based on workload, reducing latency and improving performance.
Intel Virtualization Technology
Allows one hardware platform to function as multiple "virtual" platforms. Offers improved manageability by limiting downtime and maintaining productivity by isolating computing activities into separate partitions.
Intel Advanced Encryption - Standard New Instructions (Intel AES-NI)
A fast, secure AES engine for a variety of encryption apps, including whole disk encryption, file storage encryption, conditional access of HD content, internet security, and VOIP. Consumers benefit from protected internet and email content, plus fast, responsive disk encryption.
Intel Power Optimizer & Processor C-States
Intel Power Optimizer increases periods of silicon sleep state across the platform ingredients, including the CPU, chipset, and third-party system components, to reduce power.
Intel Secure Key
Security hardware-based random number generator that can be used for generating high-quality keys for cryptographic (encryption and decryption) protocols. Provides quality entropy that is highly sought after in the cryptography world for added security.
Intel Transactional Synchronization Extensions (TSX)
TSX-NI is a set of instructions focused on enterprise-level multi-threaded performance scaling, making parallel operations more efficient via improved control of software threads and locks. This offers performance benefits for enterprise-level big data analytics/business intelligence and visualization apps, which involve multi-user collaboration. Available on the i7 and i5 processors with Intel vPro Technology and unlocked processors.
Intel Advanced Vector Extensions 2.02 (Intel AVX2)
AVX 2.0 is an extension of AVX 1.0 with new optimized instructions to deliver enhanced performance on floating point—intensive apps. AVX 2.0 adds 256-bit integer instructions and new instructions for FMA (Fused Multiply Add). FMA delivers better performance on media and floating point computations, including face recognition; professional imaging; high-performance computing; consumer video and imaging; compression; and encryption.
Intel OS Guard
A hardware-based security feature that protects the OS (operating system) kernel. OS Guard helps prevent use of malicious data or attack code located in areas of memory marked as user mode pages from taking over or compromising the OS kernel. OS Guard is not application-specific and protects the kernel from any application.
VMCS shadowing allows a Virtual Machine Manager (VMM) running in a guest (nested virtualization) to access a shadow VMCS memory area using the normal VMRead/VMWrite instructions. This technology reduces overhead for a more natural and responsive user experience. It also allows users to take control of their personal and professional data and apps while being protected by game-changing security.
Intel Ready Mode Technology
Provides quick access to your PC with applications that are up-to-date and constantly connected.
Intel Identity Protection Technology
Help protect your One Time Password (OTP) credentials and PKI certificates and add a layer of encrypted second factor authentication for online transactions.
Log into your system or make secure credit card purchases on your system using near-field communication (NFC)—enabled cards.
PCI Express 3.0 Interface
Offers up to 8 GT/s for fast access to peripheral devices and networking with up to 16 lanes. PCI Express ports can be configured as 1x16, 2x8, or 1x8 and 2x4 depending on motherboard designs.
Manufactured with lead-free and halogen-free component packages.
"Conflict-free" means "DRC conflict-free", which is defined by the Securities and Exchange Commission rules to mean products that do not contain conflict minerals (tin, tantalum, tungsten and/or gold) that directly or indirectly finance or benefit armed groups in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) or adjoining countries.
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 12 months
- Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- RTB Period:
- 1 months
Date Issued: 26th Aug 2015
Intel generally follows a tick-tock philosophy for new processor launches. The tick represents a shrinking of the manufacturing process - 32nm to 22nm, for example - while the tock is indicative of a new architecture based on the leading process of that time. This has been the case since 2007.