USB3.0 Desktop Quick Port for SATA or PATA/IDE from ICYDOCK MB981U3-1SA
Icy Dock MB981U3-1SA 2.5”/3.5” USB 3.0 SATA Docking Station with IDE Adapter
By DPD On 24th Apr 2019
to your specified address. |
Receive SMS with one-hour delivery window
Weekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Have your parcel delivered by DPD to your specified address. Receive SMS with one-hour delivery windowWeekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Collect from our Bolton store, BL6 6PE |
Order online, collect from our Bolton store (25-28 Enterprise Park, Middlebrook, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 6PE)
UPS and DPD Pickup Pickup from local convenience store |
Collect your parcel from your newsagents, petrol stations and convenience stores
Protect against installation damage for 28 days.
ScanProtect is an enhanced warranty specifically designed and offered by Scan to reduce the risk of any mishap or damage to components during installation.
Our aim with ScanProtect is to encourage our customers to upgrade or build their own PC confidently. For a small additional fee our customers are provided with complete peace of mind.
The first feature of the device is a direct connection through the top slot for 2.5” and 3.5” SATA hard disk and solid state drives, allowing a user to access their drive via SuperSpeed USB 3.0. 2.5” drives can be used on the go being powered by the USB bus, while 3.5” drives utilize a small form factor wall power supply that can be easily stowed away in a laptop bag or briefcase. The anti-dust cover on the top is divided into 2 pieces, so that if a 2.5” drive is inserted, only the smaller portion of the cover opens up, leaving the electronics inside safe from dust and debris.
The second feature of the MB981U3-1SA is the detachable adapter that releases from the bottom of the dock via 2 small lockable switches. Once the adapter is removed, IDE drives can then be used, as well as both types of SATA drives. 3.5” IDE drives connect to the labeled input, and is powered using the 4-pin power jumper cable. 2.5” IDE drives connect to the labeled input, and can be powered using only USB power. Using SATA drives with the disconnected adapter is the same as when they are directly docked through the top slot.
Features • Completely screw-less / tool-less design for any type of drive.
• Allows docking of 2.5”/3.5” SATA HDD & SSD connected via USB 3.0
• Connects 2.5”/3.5” IDE HDD connected via USB 3.0 using the removable adapter.
• Able to run 2.5"/3.5" IDE & SATA hard drive Simultaneously.
• 2 part anti-dust cover protects internals even when small 2.5” SATA drive is used.
• 2 locking switches hold the detachable adapter in place when used as a dock.
• Easy access On/off button allows hard drive life expendability and energy conservation.
• Plug & Play USB 3.0 with backwards capabilities to USB 2.0 for quick connection for any computer system.
• Exposed working HDD stands in the air vertically for fast heat radiation.
• USB 3.0 connectivity with up to 5 Gb/sec transfer rates.
• Large eject button for hassle free drive removal.
• Included 4-pin power jumper cabled provided for use with 3.5” IDE drive.
• Built in compartment to hold 4-pin jumper.
• Low profile power adapter for 3.5” drives.
• USB bus power for 2.5” drives.
• Great for DIY users and IT Professionals.
• Designed for PC & Mac systems.
PLEASE NOTE: Note: For most of the IDE (ATA) hard drive, the drive jumper settings should be configured to “Master” mode. If the docking fails to detect the IDE hard drive in Master mode, please try different jumper settings, i.e. Slave, CS.
|HDD Interface||IDE, SATA|
|Total HDD Bays|
|Max. Capacity HDD Supported (Individual Drive)|
|Max. Potential Storage|
|Operating System Support|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 36 months
- Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- RTB Period:
- 36 months