ICY DOCK 12.7mm Slim Optical Disk Bay Adaptor
ICY DOCK MB511SPO-B 2.5" SATA SSD / HDD Docking for Slim 12.7mm ODD Bay, Anti-Vibration, Key Lockable
By DPD On 6th Jul
to your specified address. |
Receive SMS with one-hour delivery window
Weekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Have your parcel delivered by DPD to your specified address. Receive SMS with one-hour delivery windowWeekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Collect from our Bolton store, BL6 6PE |
Order online, collect from our Bolton store (25-28 Enterprise Park, Middlebrook, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 6PE)
UPS and DPD Pickup Pickup from local convenience store |
Collect your parcel from your newsagents, petrol stations and convenience stores
Protect against installation damage for 28 days.
ScanProtect is an enhanced warranty specifically designed and offered by Scan to reduce the risk of any mishap or damage to components during installation.
Our aim with ScanProtect is to encourage our customers to upgrade or build their own PC confidently. For a small additional fee our customers are provided with complete peace of mind.
ICY DOCK Tray-Less 2.5” SATA SSD/HDD Docking Station
Introducing ICY DOCK flexiDOCK MB511SPO-B, the world’s first tray-less 2.5” SATA SSD/HDD docking station enclosure for the 12.7mm Slim CD/DVD/Blu-Ray drive bays available on desktops, laptops, and workstation PCs. flexiDOCK makes it easy to expand the capabilities of your system with a second storage device, allowing you to effortlessly install and remove 2.5” HDDs and SSDs without the hassle of trays or screws.
ICY DOCK’s MB511SPO-B uses a rugged full-metal enclosure meeting flammability requirements, ensuring that your drives are protected through at least 10,000 insertion/removal cycles. The enclosure has ventilation holes on the top and bottom of the enclosure for additional heat dissipation, keeping your SSDs cool under the heaviest of loads. A power switch allows you to shut down your drive without needing to eject it, saving power when the drive is not needed. FlexiDOCK is the perfect solution to anyone needing a high-quality, reliable drive docking system for their sensitive data, including video / photo editors, and IT professionals. MB511SPO-B is also compatible with any laptop that uses a 12.7mm optical disk reader.
Designed for Slim ODD Bay
ICY DOCK’s flexiDOCK MB511SPO-B installs into your existing Slim 12.7mm CD / DVD bay, converting it into an easy hot-swappable docking station for your 2.5” HDD / SSDs. It replaces your existing 12.7mm optical disk reader, and has the exact same dimensions, screw hole locations, and port locations, and comes with all necessary screws for installation. MB511SPO-B is perfect for small-form-factor systems that require an additional drive beyond the usual mounting capabilities of your computer system. Because of this, the flexiDOCK is ideal for laptops, desktops, server racks, home theater PCs (HTPC), in-vehicle systems and portable system.
Easy Hot Swap Docking
ICY DOCK’s flexiDOCK MB511SPO-B is designed to improve your workflow in any application that requires hot-swap by making it quick and easy to swap your drives. Thanks to the unique drive docking design, you can simply press a bare drive into the flexiDOCK and start your tasks. FlexiDOCK is completely tray-less, with tool-less drive installation saving the time it takes to screw drives in and out of trays and lowering potential labor costs in the event of drive failure.
Packed with Features
• ICY DOCK’s flexiDOCK MB511SPO-B surrounds your drive in a ruggedized metal housing with ample ventilation holes, designed to improve protection and maximize airflow, keeping drives cool under the heaviest loads.
• To further prevent high-temperatures, MB511SPO-B includes a dust-cover that can be used when no drive is installed. This prevents dust from blocking airways and inhibiting cooling performance.
• When a drive is installed, the eagle-hook mechanism is inserted into the drive’s screw hole, locking it in place and preventing it from falling out on systems prone to movement and vibration, such as laptops and in-vehicle systems.
• FlexiDOCK’s ejection button features a key locking mechanism which locks the drive in place, protecting against accidental drive ejection and improving security in sensitive data environments.
• When you’re done using your drive, flexiDOCK has its own power switch that lets you cut access to your drive at any time, without having to eject the drive. Shutting the drive off when not in use prevents additional wear from the system reading and writing to the drive.
Compatible with Laptop Optical Bay (12.7mm height)
Replacing the CD / DVD drive on your laptop has never been easier with the flexiDOCK MB511SPO-B. Some laptops require an ODD bracket to be installed in the rear of the unit, and if this is necessary, it can be reused from the original CD / DVD drive before installing the MB511SPO-B.
• Supports docking one 2.5” SATA HDD / SSD (up to 9.5mm in height).
• Fits into any 12.7mm slim optical disk drive bay.
• Metal chassis with partial industrial ABS plastic for optimal protection.
• Completely trayless, with tool-less drive installation design that accepts bare drives without trays or caddies.
• Two-segmented drive ejection button with key lock for maximum security and prevent accidental ejections.
• Eagle-hook mechanism locks drive in space and prevent the drive from falling out on systems prone to movement and vibration.
• Dust-cover keeps the housing when no drive is installed.
• Flush drive insertion design fully protects drives from possible environmental damage.
• Front accessible drive power switch.
• Backed by full 3-year manufacturer warranty against all defects.
• Ideal 2.5” SSD / HDD docking for system that requires easy hot-swap such as mobile computers, data center systems, rackmount systems and servers, and military systems.
|External Interface||1 x SATA|
|HDD||1 x 2.5" SATA|
|Power Connectors||1 x SATA|
|Space Requirement||1 x Slim Optical|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 36 months
- Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- RTB Period:
- 36 months