The M040 features our advanced Directivity Control Waveguide (DCW™) and Laminar Integrated Port (LIP™) built into our environmentally friendly Natural Composite Enclosure (NCE™). Designed by acclaimed industrial designer Harri Koskinen, the M040 is built to be truthful to the source and to ensure enduring listening performance. Every single M040 is carefully handcrafted, tested and calibrated in our factory in Finland with unmatched attention to details. Its low distortion, high output Class D amplifiers power a 6.5 inch woofer and a 1 inch tweeter housed in a large DCW and its room response controls are easy-to-use, enabling adjustment to any acoustic environment.
With Genelec M040, dream big – and see how far you can go.
"For its intended use as a mid/high-end monitor for small project and home studios, the Genelec M040 seems, to me, to be right on the money. Not only is it an extremely capable studio monitor but it also could do double duty as a hi-fi speaker for those of us who want high levels of accuracy and detail when listening for pleasure." Bob Thomas - Sound On Sound Features
• SPL: 107 dB
• Frequency response: 44 Hz - 21 kHz (-6 dB)
• Accuracy of frequency response: ± 3 dB (48 Hz - 20 kHz)
• Driver dimension: Woofer 6.5 inch + Tweeter 1 inch metal dome + DCW™
• Amplifier power: Woofer 80 W + Tweeter 50 W (All Class D)
• Dimensions: H 337 x W 235 x D 229 mm, D 13 ¼ x 9 ¼ x 9 inch
• Weight: 7.4 kg / 15.4 lb
• Connections: Combo XLR + ¼" plug + RCA analog inputMore information can be found in the PDF below: