Genelec 8351A Grey (Pair) + Genelec GLM 2.0 Loudspeaker Manager User Kit Bundle
Genelec 8351A Grey Studio Monitors (Pair) + Genelec GLM 2.0 Loudspeaker Manager User Kit Bundle
By DPD On 20th Nov 2018
to your specified address. |
Receive SMS with one-hour delivery window
Weekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Have your parcel delivered by DPD to your specified address. Receive SMS with one-hour delivery windowWeekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Collect from our Bolton store, BL6 6PE |
Order online, collect from our Bolton store (25-28 Enterprise Park, Middlebrook, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 6PE)
• 2x Genelec 8351A Grey Smart Active Monitor
• 1x Genelec GLM 2.0 Loudspeaker Manager User Kit
The Ultimate Point-Source Monitor
These studio monitors are simply exceptional. Once installed in the blue room, everybody on the Pro Audio team was amazed by the clarity of these monitors. They just sound right, have oodles of power and look like they came straight from the mind of the Portal creator! If the looks don't get studio visitors talking, then the sound certainly will. They feature Genelec's proprietary SAM system and GLM software allowing for self-calibration of all speakers on the network.
8351A SAM™ Studio Monitor
A revolution in three-way monitor design, the 8351A boasts a unique look, a compact size and a performance that has to be heard to be believed.
It looks elegant and it sounds out of this world - the acoustically coaxial 8351A is a true landmark in three-way monitoring design. As impressive to the ear as it is striking to the eye, the 8351A combines four key Genelec innovations to deliver remarkable results.
Proprietary Genelec Technology
Genelec's Acoustically Concealed Woofer (ACW™) technology combines with the Minimum Diffraction Coaxial (MDC™) driver and Directivity Control Waveguide (DCW™) to produce extremely controlled directivity over a very wide bandwidth. The monitor's performance remains identical in both vertical and horizontal orientations, ensuring true accuracy in every application, from recording studios to post-production houses, edit suites, broadcast facilities and outside broadcast vehicles.
All this is coupled to the versatility of Smart Active Monitoring (SAM™). Genelec Loudspeaker Manager (GLM™) 2.0 software allows for the fine adjustment of all monitor settings, while AutoCal™ compensates for detrimental room influences to perfectly calibrate your set-up for your listening environment, no matter if you work in simple stereo or ambitious immersive audio applications.
More information can be found in the User Manual below:
GLM 2 Loudspeaker Management Kit
The brain of every Smart monitoring system is Genelec Loudspeaker Manager (GLM™), and GLM 2 is the Smartest version yet. With an expanded feature set but the same intuitive ease of operation, the software is already creating the world’s Smartest SAM Systems.
GLM 2 - Making SAM even Smarter
With GLM 2, the benefits of Smart monitoring are yours to use on both Windows and Mac. Designed for simple and intuitive operation yet rich with features, GLM 2 first gives you the tools you need to optimise your SAM system, then guides you through the process of making the most of your environment. Best of all, when your system is perfectly calibrated to your requirements, the settings are saved in both system setup files and each individual Smart monitor and subwoofer – even if your GLM 2 network needs to be disconnected, your system stays Smart.
With GLM 2 you can…
• Manage and control up to 30 Smart monitors and Smart subwoofers.
• Easily and swiftly create systems to suit all types of multichannel or 3D immersive audio formats.
• Optimise the performance of your Smart monitoring system and make the most of the environment in which you are working.
• Use AutoCal™ to achieve neutral sound reproduction. Accurate and stable sound stage imaging is delivered thanks to adjustments of levels, distance delays, subwoofer crossover phase and room response compensation equalisation.
• Store calibration settings for different listening positions then instantly recall them as required during production.
• Adapt to your acoustic environment – symmetrical or individualised stereo pair equalisation compensation can be used depending on your requirements.
• Achieve smooth frequency response transition around the crossover point, as phase is automatically corrected for all Smart subwoofers on the network.
• Use the Group function to create and recall customised response curves, with each monitor Group possessing its own GLM calibration file. Also include both analogue and digital inputs in Groups, plus an unlimited number of system setup files.
• Manage levels with the software-based GLM master fader or external wired or wireless volume controllers. An on-screen, real-time SPL reading of the active monitor Group allows you to keep watch over the production SPL.
• Enjoy the benefits of repeatable and consistent performance, enabling accurate monitoring in any production environment.
What is AutoCal ?
A world’s first technology that changed how monitoring systems are created, AutoCal™ takes on the hard work of system optimisation so you don’t have to. Included in the integrated process is the automatic measurement, analysis, and adjustment of every Smart monitor and Smart subwoofer on the GLM 2 control network.
A factory-calibrated Genelec 8300A acoustic measurement microphone (included) is used to capture all parameters of your acoustic environment.
AutoCal measures the response in the listening area and applies relevant compensation in the low and low-mid frequencies to minimise detrimental room acoustic anomalies as well as differences between various listening positions. It also sets the correct crossover phase for all Smart subwoofers on the network.
After automated calibration, based on one or more listening positions, all components in a system play back at the same level and timing, with acoustical colourations removed from the monitors’ responses, leaving superb consistency and neutral sound stage imaging.
The Acoustic Response Editor provides an accurate graphical display of the measured response, filter compensation and the resulting system response for each monitor, with full manual control of acoustic settings.
SinglePoint™ and MultiPoint™ microphone positions provide measurements options to suit your requirements, including one, two or three person mixing environments. Additionally, calibration settings for different listening positions can be instantly recalled.
• Smart Active Monitor (SAM™) Systems.
• Minimum Diffraction Coaxial (MDC™) Driver Technology.
• Acoustically Concealed Woofers (ACW™) Technology.
• Directivity Control Waveguide (DCW™) Technology.
• Minimum Diffraction Enclosure (MDE™) Technology.
• Reflex Port Design.
• Protection Circuitry.
• Intelligent Signal Sensing (ISS™) Technology.
• Optimized Amplifiers.
• Active Crossovers.
• Iso-Pod™ Stand.
• Versatile Mountings.
• SPL: 111 dB
• Frequency response: 32 Hz – 35 kHz (-6 dB)
• Accuracy of frequency response: ± 1.5 dB (38 Hz - 21 kHz)
• Driver dimension: 2x Oval Woofers 8 1/2 x 4 inch + Coaxial Midrange/Tweeter MDC™ 5 / 3/4 inch + DCW™
• Amplifier power: Woofer 150 W + Midrange 120 W + Tweeter 90 W
• Dimensions: H 452 x W 287 x D 278 mm, H 17 3/4 x W 11 1/3 x D 11 inch
• Weight: 19 kg / 42 lb
• Connections: 1 x XLR analog input, 1 x input / 1 x output XLR digital AES/EBU, 2 x RJ45 control network
Genelec GLM Manager Kit
• Connectivity for up to twenty-five 8300 Series monitors and five 7300 Series subwoofers.
• The GLM 2.0 introduces a new user interface designed to make setups and calibrations easier with enhanced flexibility.
• Highly graphical approach to monitor placement in the room and system settings.
• GLM 2.0 computer control allows for repeatable, consistent performance, reducing perceived differences between listening environments or positions.
• GLM 2.0 provides interface to AutoCal automated acoustical system-wide self-calibration algorithm.
• Analogue or digital audio input types are created together with monitor groups.
• Each group can have a separate AutoCal calibration.
• Groups contained in one GLM system setup file can feature both analogue and digital input use.
• Unlimited number of system setup files can be created.
• Volume control via GLM 2.0 software fader or external wired or wireless volume controllers.
Whats In The Box
• Quick connection guide.
• GLM network adapter.
• Genelec 8300A calibration microphone and holder.
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 60 months
- Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 30 days
- RTB Period:
- 24 months