Genelec 8331APM Grey (Pair) + Genelec GLM 2.0 Loudspeaker Manager User Kit Bundle
Genelec 8331APM Grey Studio Monitors (Pair) + Genelec GLM 2.0 Loudspeaker Manager User Kit Bundle
By DPD On 27th Jun 2019
to your specified address. |
Receive SMS with one-hour delivery window
Weekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Have your parcel delivered by DPD to your specified address. Receive SMS with one-hour delivery windowWeekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Collect from our Bolton store, BL6 6PE |
Order online, collect from our Bolton store (25-28 Enterprise Park, Middlebrook, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 6PE)
• 2x Genelec 8331APM Grey Smart Active Monitor
• 1x Genelec GLM 2.0 Loudspeaker Manager User Kit
Incredible three-way point source the size of a compact two-way. When space and precision is of the essence, nothing even comes close.
For applications calling for extraordinary imaging, extended frequency response, short to medium listening distance or long, fatigue-free working hours, The Ones - 8331, 8341 and 8351 - are in an elite league of their own. All being ultimate point source monitors, they combine a number of unique Genelec innovations with sustainable manufacturing, but without a single compromise on sound.
The Ones not only promote faster and more consistent production decision making, but also longer listening time than traditional loudspeakers, because unnatural imaging, a main contributor to listener fatigue, is minimized. Dispersion is controlled over an unusually wide frequency range thanks to the large integrated waveguide (DCW™) with the hidden dual woofers; and orientation may be either horizontal or vertical. Their looks are striking too, either way you turn them.
The final touch when positioning mics, mixing or mastering is the most demanding. For such critical tasks, even when performed in small rooms or in ultra near field applications, 8331 offers an outstanding solution where none existed before. With the latest SAM technology included, 8331 always makes the best of the room and monitor placement. Use the Genelec GLM application and its auto-calibration function, based on experience from thousands of studios around the world, to compensate for detrimental room influence and delay, regardless if you work in mono, stereo or immersive formats.
More information can be found in the User Manual below:
Genelec GLM 2.0 Loudspeaker Manager User Kit
The brain of every Smart monitoring system is Genelec Loudspeaker Manager (GLM™), and GLM 2 is the Smartest version yet. With an expanded feature set but the same intuitive ease of operation, the software is already creating the world’s Smartest SAM Systems.
GLM 2 - Making SAM even Smarter
With GLM 2, the benefits of Smart monitoring are yours to use on both Windows and Mac. Designed for simple and intuitive operation yet rich with features, GLM 2 first gives you the tools you need to optimise your SAM system, then guides you through the process of making the most of your environment. Best of all, when your system is perfectly calibrated to your requirements, the settings are saved in both system setup files and each individual Smart monitor and subwoofer – even if your GLM 2 network needs to be disconnected, your system stays Smart.
With GLM 2 you can…
• Manage and control up to 30 Smart monitors and Smart subwoofers.
• Easily and swiftly create systems to suit all types of multichannel or 3D immersive audio formats.
• Optimise the performance of your Smart monitoring system and make the most of the environment in which you are working.
• Use AutoCal™ to achieve neutral sound reproduction. Accurate and stable sound stage imaging is delivered thanks to adjustments of levels, distance delays, subwoofer crossover phase and room response compensation equalisation.
• Store calibration settings for different listening positions then instantly recall them as required during production.
• Adapt to your acoustic environment – symmetrical or individualised stereo pair equalisation compensation can be used depending on your requirements.
• Achieve smooth frequency response transition around the crossover point, as phase is automatically corrected for all Smart subwoofers on the network.
• Use the Group function to create and recall customised response curves, with each monitor Group possessing its own GLM calibration file. Also include both analogue and digital inputs in Groups, plus an unlimited number of system setup files.
• Manage levels with the software-based GLM master fader or external wired or wireless volume controllers. An on-screen, real-time SPL reading of the active monitor Group allows you to keep watch over the production SPL.
• Enjoy the benefits of repeatable and consistent performance, enabling accurate monitoring in any production environment.
What is AutoCal ?
A world’s first technology that changed how monitoring systems are created, AutoCal™ takes on the hard work of system optimisation so you don’t have to. Included in the integrated process is the automatic measurement, analysis, and adjustment of every Smart monitor and Smart subwoofer on the GLM 2 control network.
A factory-calibrated Genelec 8300A acoustic measurement microphone (included) is used to capture all parameters of your acoustic environment.
AutoCal measures the response in the listening area and applies relevant compensation in the low and low-mid frequencies to minimise detrimental room acoustic anomalies as well as differences between various listening positions. It also sets the correct crossover phase for all Smart subwoofers on the network.
After automated calibration, based on one or more listening positions, all components in a system play back at the same level and timing, with acoustical colourations removed from the monitors’ responses, leaving superb consistency and neutral sound stage imaging.
The Acoustic Response Editor provides an accurate graphical display of the measured response, filter compensation and the resulting system response for each monitor, with full manual control of acoustic settings.
SinglePoint™ and MultiPoint™ microphone positions provide measurements options to suit your requirements, including one, two or three person mixing environments. Additionally, calibration settings for different listening positions can be instantly recalled. Features Genelec 8331APM
• SPL Max Short-Term: 104/110 dB (1/0.5 m)
• Frequency Response: 45 Hz - 37 kHz (-6 dB)
• Accuracy of Frequency Response: ± 1.5 dB (58 Hz - 20 kHz)
• Self Generated Noise: < 0 dB (A weighted, 1 m)
• Bass Drivers, Dual: 130 x 65 mm oval / 5 1/8 x 2 5/8 in
• Mid Driver: 90 mm, 3 1/2 in. Coaxial
• Treble Driver: 19 mm, 3/4 in. Coaxial
• Amplifier Power: 72 + 36 + 36 W
• Audio Inputs: Analog, AES/EBU
• GLM Network: Dual RJ45 (CAT5 cable)
• In-Situ Calibration: DIP switches or AutoCal
• Dimensions H X W X D: 305 x 189 x 212 mm / 12 x 7 1/2 x 8 3/8 in
• Weight: 6.7 kg, 15 lb
Genelec GLM Manager Kit
• Connectivity for up to twenty-five 8300 Series monitors and five 7300 Series subwoofers.
• The GLM 2.0 introduces a new user interface designed to make setups and calibrations easier with enhanced flexibility.
• Highly graphical approach to monitor placement in the room and system settings.
• GLM 2.0 computer control allows for repeatable, consistent performance, reducing perceived differences between listening environments or positions.
• GLM 2.0 provides interface to AutoCal automated acoustical system-wide self-calibration algorithm.
• Analogue or digital audio input types are created together with monitor groups.
• Each group can have a separate AutoCal calibration.
• Groups contained in one GLM system setup file can feature both analogue and digital input use.
• Unlimited number of system setup files can be created.
• Volume control via GLM 2.0 software fader or external wired or wireless volume controllers.
Whats In The Box
• Quick connection guide.
• GLM network adapter.
• Genelec 8300A calibration microphone and holder.
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 60 months
- Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 30 days
- RTB Period:
- 24 months