Focusrite was commissioned to make its first ‘no-holds-barred’ microphone preamps by Sir George Martin for his Air Studio facility in London. Over the following 25 years Focusrite designed some of the finest mic preamps in the music industry, and in recent years has developed a series of best-selling audio interfaces for people who really care about sound.
Scarlett 6i6 is perfect for producers, recording artists or small bands. Featuring two award-winning Focusrite mic preamps and a stereo line input, 6i6 is great for recording vocals, guitar and a stage piano simultaneously. With the four balanced outputs, connect up to two sets of stereo monitors, and use the S/PDIF I/O for connecting digital sources. There are also two built-in headphone outputs with separate volume controls so multiple recording artists can listen to the mixes they need to get the best take. The inputs and outputs feature precision 24 bit A-D, D-A conversion at up to 96KHz in order to get the most accurate signal possible into and out of your computer.
The outer case is a tough aluminium extrusion, which protects the components inside. There is a large main monitor control knob as well as two dedicated gain knobs for each mic input, each with two colour ‘gain halos’ which light up green to indicate that sound is detected, and red if the level is too high. Both mic inputs can be switched between instrument, line and microphone, and a pad can be switched-in to cope with high-level inputs.
Scarlett 6i6 works with Mac, PC and iPad (using an Apple camera Connection Kit - available separately from Apple). It comes with a bundle of included software. Scarlett MixControl is a software control panel for routing the inputs and outputs, and accessing additional features on the hardware. It also comes with Ableton Live Lite: revolutionary production and performance software that can be used to record and playback audio in a totally unique way. The Scarlett Plug-in Suite is also included, supplying EQ, compression and reverb to professionalise your mixes.
More information can be found in the PDF below:
Features • Two award-winning Focusrite mic pres The best sounding interface in its class. The two award-winning mic preamps are products of Focusrite's meticulous approach to preamp design.
• 6 inputs and 6 outputs All of the analogue and digital inputs you need for home multi-track recording on a smaller scale. No need for breakout cables - every analogue input & output has a dedicated socket.
• Two headphone outputs with level controls With two headphone mixes the engineer and the artist can both listen to the mix at the levels they need.
• High quality 24bit/96KHz audio interfaces for Mac, PC and iPad Both feature professional conversion technology guaranteeing pristine audio quality and reliable synchronization on Mac, PC and iPad (or any iOS device via the Apple Camera Connection Kit - not included).
• Rugged metal unibody chassis Whether you are in the studio or on the road your Scarlett will not only look great, but also withstand the impacts sustained by a mobile recording rig.
• Unique gain halos for safeguarding your levels Unique gain halo indicators make it clear when you have a good signal for recording. When the halos are green you have a good level, and when they turn red it means you need to turn the gain down.
• Large main monitor control A large main monitor control knob keeps your volume levels right at your fingertips.
• Scarlett MixControl ultra-low-latency DSP mixer and router Scarlett MixControl provides a DSP mixer with flexible routing capabilities, intuitive one-click presets, and lower than 1.4 ms latency.
• Powerful software bundle Includes the Scarlett Plug-in Suite (Compression, Gating, EQ and Reverb for tracking and mixing), Ableton Live Lite, Loopmasters sample content and the Novation Bass Station analogue modelling synth plug-in.
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 12 months
- Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 30 days
- RTB Period:
- 12 months
Date Issued: 21st Oct 2008
You've probably read the USB Tekspek, and perhaps your intrigue, or product interest, has lead you to look up Firewire as well. The two are similar in some respects, particularly some of the products that use the two technologies. However, Firewire has its differences, which means it has both benefits and drawback when compared to USB. This Tekspek will look at Firewire and also look at it with respect to USB.
Date Issued: 21st Oct 2008
In computing terms, system buses are used to connect various components to the motherboard’s core logic and, often, to each other. Modern PCs run with a multitude of high-speed buses ranging from the interconnects between, say, the chipset and the CPU, graphics card, memory, and peripherals.
Date Issued: 14th Jul 2008
This TekSpek explains the essentials required to run a 64-bit operating system and native 64-bit applications on a modern 64-bit capable PC system.
Date Issued: 25th Jun 2008
Updating drivers can sometimes be a bit of a gamble. Will the drivers come with an installer? Will you need to uninstall the old drivers first? Many drivers these days do come with an installer, which simplifies the process dramatically.