Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 Audio Interface
Focusrite’s Plug-In Collective brings monthly plug-in deals to registered and new customers.
The advent of Focusrite’s new, ultra-low latency interfaces opens up a world of new possibilities for recording and overdubbing, using multiple DAW plug-ins in real time rather than needing special cue mixes and outboard DSP.
There’s no shortage of great plug-ins today, with new and exciting instruments and effects coming out all the time – but which to choose?
At Focusrite, we believe in freedom – the freedom to choose the plug-ins that get musicians, producers and engineers their signature sound, exactly the way they want it. To help in the quest, Focusrite is working with some of the most innovative and prestigious plug-in companies around to provide exclusive offers, tutorial content and more.
January's offer is a FREE Flux Pure Analyzer Studio Session v3 plus Fluxhome discounts
Studio Session Analyzer is a standalone application providing a comprehensive range of analyser options for any imaginable audio analysis and measurement applications. Included is the SampleGrabber plug-in, which sends audio from the DAW to the app, which analyses the audio in real time.
As another option, you can get 50% off the Flux Studio Session Pack or Flux Pure Analyzer Essential upgrades.
Studio Session Pack – Pure Compressor, Pure Expander, Pure Limiter, Epure, Syrah, BitterSweet Pro, Verb Session, Studio Session Analyzer
Upgrade offer: $149
Pure Analyzer Essential – the next generation real time analyser system
Upgrade offer: $199
The Scarlett 18i8 is the first interface from Focusrite to include four award-winning mic preamps. The first two inputs offer Mic/Line/Instrument on universal XLR/TRS while three and four offer Mic/Line capability on XLR/TRS. The 18i8 can also record up to four additional line inputs at the same time, making it perfect for recording an entire band live. An ADAT option allows the connection of external mic preamps such as the Focusrite OctoPre Mk II, extending the number of mic pres to 12. Features • Four award-winning Focusrite mic pres The best sounding interface in its class. Focusrite's 25-years of design experience underpins this new interface with four award-winning mic preamps.
• 18 inputs and 8 outputs All of the analogue and digital inputs you need for home multi-track recording. No need for breakout cables - every analogue input & output has a dedicated socket.
• Two independent headphone outputs each with a level control With two fully independent headphone mixes the engineer and the artist can both listen to their own mix at the level they need.
• High quality 24bit/96KHz audio interfaces for Mac, PC and iPad Both feature professional conversion technology guaranteeing pristine audio quality and reliable synchronization on Mac, PC and iPad (or any iOS device via the Apple Camera Connection Kit - not included).
• Rugged metal unibody chassis Whether you are in the studio or on the road your Scarlett will not only look great, but also withstand the impacts sustained by a mobile recording rig.
• Unique gain halos for safeguarding your levels Unique gain halo indicators make it clear when you have a good signal for recording. When the halos are green you have a good level, and when they turn red it means you need to turn the gain down.
• Large main monitor control A large main monitor control knob keeps your volume levels right at your fingertips.
• Scarlett MixControl ultra-low-latency DSP mixer and router Scarlett MixControl provides a DSP mixer with flexible routing capabilities, intuitive one-click presets, and lower than 1.4 ms latency.
• Powerful software bundle Includes the Scarlett Plug-in Suite (Compression, Gating, EQ and Reverb for tracking and mixing), Ableton Live Lite, Loopmasters sample content and the Novation Bass Station analogue modelling synth plug-in.
|Computer Interface Type||USB 2|
|Analogue Inputs (Total)||8|
|Analogue Outputs (Total)||6|
|Mic Preamps (Max)||4|
|Instrument Inputs (Max)||2|
|Sample Rate (Max)||96 kHz|
|Dynamic Range||103 dB|
|Dimensions (mm)||227 x 66 x 180 WxHxD|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 12 months
- Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 30 days
- RTB Period:
- 12 months
Date Issued: 21st Oct 2008
You've probably read the USB Tekspek, and perhaps your intrigue, or product interest, has lead you to look up Firewire as well. The two are similar in some respects, particularly some of the products that use the two technologies. However, Firewire has its differences, which means it has both benefits and drawback when compared to USB. This Tekspek will look at Firewire and also look at it with respect to USB.
Date Issued: 21st Oct 2008
In computing terms, system buses are used to connect various components to the motherboard’s core logic and, often, to each other. Modern PCs run with a multitude of high-speed buses ranging from the interconnects between, say, the chipset and the CPU, graphics card, memory, and peripherals.
Date Issued: 14th Jul 2008
This TekSpek explains the essentials required to run a 64-bit operating system and native 64-bit applications on a modern 64-bit capable PC system.
Date Issued: 25th Jun 2008
Updating drivers can sometimes be a bit of a gamble. Will the drivers come with an installer? Will you need to uninstall the old drivers first? Many drivers these days do come with an installer, which simplifies the process dramatically.