• The Sub6 is a large volume cabinet design, equipped with an 11" woofer and a rear laminar port. This configuration guarantees bass linearity whatever the intended SPL. The control board is extremely versatile, with connectivity which allows a 2.1, 2.2 and multichannel use via the L/R inputs and outputs and the LFE. The numerous settings such as the high-pass crossover dedicated to monitors, the adjustable phase and level control provide optimum coupling with the Solo6 Be and the Twin6 Be monitors. And finally, a small, but important point: the footswitch input. It enables one to connect a pedal to deactivate the subwoofer and the high-pass crossovers on the outputs that supply the monitors. This simplifies and greatly improves control during the different stages in monitoring.
• The Sub6 is an active subwoofer (1 x 350W RMS built-in amplifier - BASH technology) for professional monitoring systems. The driver is an 11" Focal with a "W" sandwich composite cone loaded by a large section laminar port. It can be used both as LFE channel in a surround system or as a bass or sub-bass complement in a stereo system (2.1 or 2.2). The Sub6 was designed to permit optimum acoustic coupling with professional monitoring speakers. Therefore, it includes all the features to achieve this task, such as stereo high pass filter (75 or 100Hz) for the left and right satellites, low pass filter (adjustable) with mono summation, phase inverter, phase fine tuning, mute switch, 2.1 bypass with a footswitch remote control (not included), as well as a wiring panel rich in possibilities.
• The “W” cone - Focal has been developing the technologies of composite sandwich cones for more than 15 years. The "W" process (Glass/Foam/Glass), used on the SM11, SM8 and SM6 lines, provides a true optimiza a true optimization of the frequency response by fine tuning of mass, rigidity and damping parameters. The balance between these 3 fundamental and often contradictory parameters is at the base of the outstanding sound neutrality of our speakers.
• The 105/8" (27cm) Focal speaker is equipped with a high excursion system to enable accurate and extended reproduction in the bass/ infra bass register. The 25/8" (66mm) diameter and 11/4" (32mm) height voice coil ensures a perfect mechanical coupling and a total control of the driver even at high sound level. The magnetic construction made of double ferrite and large field and back plates offers high symmetrical magnetic field to keep dynamics even at very low frequency.
• A custom designed amplification stage - Designing an amp to be integrated inside a speaker requires a very different set of rules than for a traditional amp. Speaker size and cooling concerns are often in contradiction with the high quality and high power requirements of a sonically transparent speaker. Our engineers used the BASH® technology to develop the bass/medium amplification circuit for the SM6 professional line of speakers. This was the only way to exploit the best of class AB style circuits (for exceptional quality) with a class D type yield, which is crucial when housing a 150W RMS circuit in such a small space (300W RMS for the Twin6 Be and 350W RMS for the Sub6).
- Frequency response 30Hz - 250Hz.
- Maximum SPL 116dB SPL (peak @ 1m).
- Type / Impedance - Right, left, LFE - Electronically balanced / 10 kOhms
- Connector - XLR 3 points socket
- Sensitivity - Adjustable
• Outputs (towards satellites)
Electronically balanced / 50 Ohms
XLR 3 points plug
Amplification 350W rms, BASH ® technology
Signal internal treatment and functions
Mono right/left summation
LFE + mono low-pass
24dB / octave
Polarity selection switch
Switch high-pass filter, cut-off frequency selection
24dB / octave
• Adjustable subwoofer level
• Low-pass cut-off frequency setting
• Phase adjustment
• Polarity adjustment
• Subwoofer switch (mute)
• 2.1 “Bypass” (external remote control)
• High-pass frequency selection
• Releasable high-pass
• Power On
• Subwoofer switch(mute)
• Released high-pass
• Local supply 230V (1.6A fuse) or 115V (3.15A fuse)
• Connection Removable CEI supply wire
• Subwoofer 11W7670, 105/8" (27cm) Focal “W” composite sandwich cone driver
- Construction 71/2" (19mm) MDF panels
- Finish Dark red natural veneering side panels, black body
- Dimensions (HxLxD) 1415/16 x 139/16 x 175/16" (380mm x 344mm x 440mm)
- Weight 50.7lb (23kg)
Find Similar Products
Find similar products with the same specifications as Focal Sub 6 BE Active subwoofer, 11" Woofer, 350W RMS Built-in amplifier with BASH technology . Please choose from the list below.