Focal SM9 Switchable 3-Way Active Studio Monitor (Right)
Focal SM9 Active Monitor - Switchable 2/3 Way, Inverted Beryllium Dome Tweeter, "W" Process Composite Cone (Right)
to your specified address. |
Receive SMS with one-hour delivery window
Weekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Have your parcel delivered by DPD to your specified address. Receive SMS with one-hour delivery windowWeekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Collect from our Bolton store, BL6 6PE |
Order online, collect from our Bolton store (25-28 Enterprise Park, Middlebrook, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 6PE)
One of the major SM9 innovations lies in the fact of offering 2 monitoring speakers in only one and unique cabinet. The SM9 is thus composed of 2 monitors: a 3 way monitor and a 2 way monitor.
This monitoring speaker establishes itself as a reference thanks to the precision of the stereo image, its capacity toreproduce each of the micro details of the audio signal , aswell as unconditional respect of the orignal dynamics.
Two monitors in one!
One of the major SM9 innovations lies in the fact of offering 2 monitoring speakers in only one and unique cabinet. The SM9 is thus composed of 2 monitors:
• a 3-way monitor (Beryllium tweeter + 6.5" “W” woofer + 8" “W” subwoofer + 11" passive radiator). This monitor offers a frequency response from 30Hz to 40kHz for total control of the audio signal permitting extremely precise work.
• a 2-way monitor (Beryllium tweeter + 6.5” “W” woofer). This monitor offers a frequency response from 90Hz to 40kHz, permitting to check the mix transfer quality on systems with limited frequency response in the bass frequencies for example TV sets, computers, cars, iPod docks or any multimedia system. This monitor also permits to check the midrange register, very hard to equalize and balance in terms of sound level compared to the other information contained in the audio signal. The activation of this monitor is made by setting off the FOCUS mode on the side panel.
Exclusive acoustic technologies
Pure Beryllium inverted dome tweeter
The inverted dome tweeter is a hallmark of Focal. Introduced more than twenty years ago, this tweeter produces a high output, but without requiring high energy input and without increasing directivity.
The introduction of the pure Beryllium dome, capable of covering 5 full octaves from 1,000 to 40,000Hz constitutes a new decisive advance regarding new audio formats. This tweeter capacity to reproduce high frequencies with unmatched speed and transparency. This tweeter allows an unprecedented price/performance ratio. To finish with, the new TB872 tweeter delivers outstanding dynamics thanks to its amazing magnet field (2.1 teslas).
The “W” cone
Focal has been developing the technologies of composite sandwich cones for more than 15 years. The «W» process (Glass/Foam/Glass) provides a true optimization of the frequency response by fine tuning of mass, rigidity and damping parameters. The balance between these 3 fundamental and often contradictory parameters is at the basis of the outstanding sound neutrality of our speakers.
In order to reproduce the lowest frequency range within a very small volume without any air flow noises, the SM9 is equipped with a no compromise, custom designed “W” passive radiator.
High performance tailor-made amplification
The SM9 uses low distortion class AB power stages for low (400W), mid (100W) and high frequency (100W) channels, entirely respecting the dynamics of the low level audio signal and ensuring total transparency.
Spec Sheet available below:
Features Frequency Response
• 3-way mode: 30Hz - 40kHz (+/- 3dB) / 40Hz - 20kHz (+/- 1dB)
• 2-way mode (Focus): 90Hz - 20kHz (+/- 3dB)
• 3-way mode 116dB SPL (peak @ 1m)
• 2-way mode (Focus) 106dB SPL (peak @ 1m)
• Type / Impedance: Electronically balanced / 10 kOhms
• Connector: XLR
• Sensitivity: Adjustable, +4dBu or -10dBV
• Bass: 400W, class AB
• Midrange: 100W, class AB
• Treble: 100W, class AB
• Local supply: 230V (3.15A fuse) / 115V (6.3A)
• Connection: IEC inlet and detachable power cord
• Input sensitivity selector (+4dBu / -10dBV)
• High-pass crossover (full range, 45, 60, 90Hz @ -6dB)
• Low frequency shelving (+/- 3dB from 30 to 250Hz per step of 0.5dB)
• High frequency shelving (+/- 3dB from 4.5 to 40kHz per step of 0.5dB)
• Low frequency EQ (+/- 3dB per step of 0.5dB @ 50Hz, Q factor = 2)
• Low-mid frequency EQ (+/- 3dB per step of 0.5dB @ 160Hz, Q factor = 1)
• Mid frequency EQ (+/- 3dB per step of 0.5dB @ 1kHz, Q factor = 0.6)
• Stand By / On switch
• Direct switch
• Focus switch
• Power On, clipping and default on front panel LED
• 11WPP52, 11” (27cm) Focal “W” composite sandwich cone piston, extra wide inverted surround radiator
• 8W7571, 8” (20cm) Focal “W” composite sandwich cone driver
• 6W0452, 6.5” (16.5cm) Focal “W” composite sandwich cone driver
• TB872, 1” pure Beryllium inverted dome tweeter
• 0.88”(22mm) and 1.2” (30mm) panels with internal braces
• Black natural veneering top and bottom panels, black body
• (HxLxD) 12.8” x 19.6” x 15.6” (320mm x 490mm x 390mm)
• 77lb (35kg
|Total Wattage (RMS)|
|I/O Connections||1 x XLR In|
|Frequency Response||30Hz - 40kHz (3-Way) 90Hz - 20kHz (2-Way)|
|Max SPL||116 (3-Way) / 106 (2-Way) dB|
|Cone Size||8 Inch|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 24 months
- DOA Period:
- 30 days
- RTB Period:
- 12 months
- Focal Professional