AMD 16GB FirePro S9150 Server GPU
Industry-leading GPU Compute Performance
As the first server GPU to feature ½ rate double precision and break the 2.0 TFLOPS double-precision barrier, the AMD FirePro S9150 brings up to 5.07 TFLOPS of peak single-precision and up to 2.53 TFLOPS of peak double-precision compute performance.
A dual PCIe®slot form factor consuming 235W at maximum power, the AMD FirePro S9150 delivers up to 21.6 GFLOPS-per-watt of single-precision floating point performance, and up to 10.8 GFLOPS-per-watt of double-precision performance — up to 77% more than the competition. With AMD FirePro S9150 server GPUs, supercomputers and computing clusters can achieve massive compute performance and processor density within an eco-conscious power budget.
Industry-leading Memory Configuration
The AMD FirePro S9150 is the industry’s first server GPU with 16GB ultra-fast GDDR5 onboard memory — 33% more than the competition. It also features a 512-bit memory interface for up to 320GB/s of memory bandwidth, helping to improve overall workload speed and system responsiveness.
• AMD Graphics Core Next (GCN) Architecture: The first GPU architecture designed with compute workloads in mind. Engineered for high utilization, high throughput and multitasking.
• 5.07 TFLOPS of Peak Single-precision Floating Point Performance: Helps speed up time required to complete single-precision operations used within Video Effects and Rendering, Signal Processing, Transcoding and Digital Rendering applications where high performance takes precedence over accuracy.
• 2.53 TFLOPS of Peak Double-Precision Floating Point Performance: Helps speed up time required to complete double-precision operations used within Computational Fluid Dynamics, Structural Mechanics, Reservoir Simulation and Aerodynamics applications, where numerical precision is mission critical.
• ½ Rate Double Precision:Unlike competing server cards that are not optimized for double precision, AMD FirePro S9150 server GPUs offer the most double-precision performance, completing compute-intensive tasks faster than ever before.
• Error Correcting Code (ECC) Memory Support: Helps ensure the accuracy of computations by correcting any single or double bit error as a result of naturally occurring background radiation. External support only.
• Multi-GPU Support: Combine more than 10 AMD FirePro S9150 server GPUs in a single system and leverage the combined processing power to tackle the most compute-intensive workloads.
• 16GB GDDR5 Memory: Helps to accelerate memory-intensive applications and process larger and more computationally complex workloads with ease.
• AMD PowerTune Technology: An intelligent system that performs real-time analysis of applications that utilize a GPU. In the event that an application is not making the most of the power available to the GPU, AMD PowerTune can improve that application’s performance by raising the GPU’s clock speed by up to 30% — automatically.
• AMD STREAM Technology: Powers the ecosystem that enables AMD FirePro™ S-Series server cards to be used for compute-intensive workflows leveraging the massively parallel processing power of AMD GPUs, and accelerate many applications beyond just graphics.
• Ready to Support OpenCL™ 2.0: The AMD FirePro S9150 server GPU is expected to support OpenCL™ 2.0, allowing developers to take advantage of new features that give GPUs more freedom to do the work they are designed to do. Features • Passively cooled solution for server environments.
• AMD Graphics Core Next architecture.
• 2,816 stream processors (44 compute units).
• 5.07 TFLOPS peak single precision floating point.
• 2.53 TFLOPS peak double precision floating point.
• ½ rate double precision.
• Error correcting code memory support (external only).
• 16GB ultrafast GDDR5 memory.
• 512-bit memory interface.
• Up to 320GB/s memory bandwidth.
• 235W maximum power consumption.
• Support for SMBus temperature reporting at boot up.
• AMD PowerTune technology.
• AMD STREAM technology.
• OpenCL™, DirectX® and OpenGL support.
• PCIe® x16 bus interface, PCIe 3.0 compliant.
• Full height/full length dual-slot form factor.
• Headless display support.
• Microsoft® Windows® 7, Windows 8.1 and Linux OS support (64- and 32-bit).
• Microsoft Windows Server® 2012 R2 and Windows Server® 2008 R2 SP1 support.
• FCC, CE, C-Tick, BSMI, KCC, UL,VCCI, RoHS and WEEE compliance.
• Designed, built and tested by AMD.
• Planned minimum three-year life cycle.
|Manufacturing process||28 nm|
|Microarchitecture||Hawaii XT GL|
|Core Clock||900 MHz|
|Memory Clock||1375 MHz|
|Interface||PCIe 3.0 (x16)|
|Maximum Digital Resolution|
|Maximum Analog (VGA) Resolution|
|Max. Concurrent Displays|
|NVIDIA SLI Support|
|GeForce GTX VR Ready||No|
|Microsoft DirectX Support|
|Low Profile Compatible||No|
|Low Profile Support||N/A|
|Graphics Card TDP/Power||235W|
|Graphics Card Power Connectors||
|Minimum Recommended PSU|
|Maximum GPU Temperature|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
Warranty information has not yet been updated for this product. For further information please call 0871 472 4747 or 01204 474747.