Top and bottom are made of quality POM Acetal material, while the locking rings are made from black anodized CNC machined aluminum.
Two holders, both made from nickel plated steel wire, are enclosed with the reservoir. One is designed as a vertical stand that can be mounted on a 120mm fan and the other as, either vertical- or horizontal stand for mounting directly into the chassis. The mechanism allows for easy adjustment and orientation.
Furthermore the unit is packed with ports, it features a total of 8 ports! The top has two G1/4" threaded ports and one 3/8" threaded port, which is intended as a fill port. The bottom features no more than five G1/4" threaded ports - you will be able to really find the perfect orientation and port configuration! In case of the horizontal position, you will be able to utilize EK-HD Tubes that can serve as a suction and pressure ports inside the unit. The reservoir comes pre-installed with Anitcylone for preventing the swirl of the liquid.
Bottom features an LED strip with a white bright light-emitting diodes that will illuminate the liquid inside the reservoir. The position of the LED strip cable is also adjustable. LED strip is powered by a standard SATA power molex connector. Features Technical data:
• Installation height: 250mm
• Overall diameter: Ø 98mm
• Tube diameter: Ø 80mm
• Capacity: ~850mL
• EK-RES X4 250 reservoir with preinstalled Anticyclone
• Reservoir holders (120mm fan hole pattern bottom and universal)
• Pair of EK-HD Tubes
• LED light strip (SATA power molex)
• Set of plugs and extenders
• Set of required Allen keys
• Mounting mechanism
• All the ports are recessed therefore it is mandatory to use the enclosed EK-Extender G1/4 (EAN: 3831109845165) with all the active ports.
• G3/8 port on the top is intended to be used only as fill port.
• When using EK-Extender G1/4 make sure not to use fittings or barbs with G1/4 thread longer than 5mm! All EK-ACF and EK-HFB are compatible!
• When using ports #1 and #2 make sure not to use fittings or barbs with diameter larger than 25mm! All EK-ACF and EK-HFB fittings are compatible!
• EK recommends the use of EK-ACF fittings. When using fittings other than EK-ACF series please use hose clamps or appropriate substitute to secure the tubing to the barb. The use of biocide containing and corrosion inhibiting coolant is always recommended for any liquid cooling system.
• When disassembling the reservoir it is mandatory to degrease the gaskets and the glass tube. The best is to use a alcohol with a gentle cloth. Not following this recommendation may lead to leakage.
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 24 months
- Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- RTB Period:
- 24 months
Date Issued: 20th Oct 2008
This TekSpek explains why you’d want to overclock your graphics board, the risks in doing so and how you can go about doing it.
Date Issued: 19th Jun 2008
Watercooling for the PC has been around for years in some form or another, for at least as long as Scan have been in business, with basic physics defining why you want to use it. That means for air cooling, to cope with increasing temperature in the heatsink you need to move the air across it faster. That is why thermostatically controlled fans in your PC will turn faster the hotter something gets.
Date Issued: 5th Mar 2007
Anybody who has been near their share of computer systems will appreciate that not all systems make the same amount of noise. There are a number of reasons for why this is so. Firstly, a computer makes noise for different reasons. Generally, anything mechanical is going to make noise.