Edimax AC-M1000 2xWan + 4xLan -Full-Featured network access controller
Edimax AC-M1000 2xWan + 4xLan -Full-Featured network access controller
to your specified address. |
Receive SMS with one-hour delivery window
Weekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Have your parcel delivered by DPD to your specified address. Receive SMS with one-hour delivery windowWeekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Collect from our Bolton store, BL6 6PE |
Order online, collect from our Bolton store (25-28 Enterprise Park, Middlebrook, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 6PE)
Protect against installation damage for 28 days.
ScanProtect is an enhanced warranty specifically designed and offered by Scan to reduce the risk of any mishap or damage to components during installation.
Our aim with ScanProtect is to encourage our customers to upgrade or build their own PC confidently. For a small additional fee our customers are provided with complete peace of mind.
It integrates network management and secures data transmission to ensure a mobile and efficient working environment. System administrators can effectively monitor wired or wireless users, either employees or guests via AC-M1000’s user management interface.
Moreover, administrators can discover, configure, monitor, and upgrade all manageable access points (EW-7206APg) from a single, centralized AP management interface.
AC-M1000 allows administrators to regulate wired and wireless network systems efficiently and protect the network.
• VPN secured network technology
• Single login account roaming among various APs
• Centralized AP management
• Role-based and policy-based access control
• Multiple authentication methods
• Fail-over on dual WAN ports
• Per-user bandwidth management
• Record of per-user network traffic history
• On-demand, instant guest account management
If you require extra LAN ports please purchase the Access Point EW-7206APg (Not Included) as its 100% compatiable
Click here to view the Edimax shopping guide! Features If you require extra LAN ports please purchase the Access Point EW-7206APg (Not Included) as its 100% compatiable
Concurrent Users 50
Local Accounts 250
Features client-server IPSec VPN authentication (with ActiveX component)
Instant Guest Accounts 2000
VPN Termination Tunnels - 50
VPN 3DES/DES Throughput - 20Mbps
Supports single login account roaming among multiple AP's
Monitored 3rd-party Access Points - 40
Offers centralized AP management in combination with the Edimax EW-7206APg (wireless access point)
Supports role-based and policy-based access control
Provides multiple authentication methods
Supports Fail-Over on dual WAN ports
Supports individual bandwidth management per user
Supports recording of network traffic history per user
Offers on-demand guest account management
Simplified LAN Deployment and Management Platform
• Easily integrates with the existing network infrastructure.
• Friendly interface for centralized management platform; no need for IT outsourcing.
• High efficiency, high flexibility, and low equipment cost.
• Best solution to manage both wireless and wired network.
Powerful Network Security Capabilities
• Advanced IPSec VPN encryption to enhance the security of wired and wireless data transmission.
• Data packets filtering through built-in firewall
• Diverse user authentication management platforms, including NT, LDAP, RADIUS, POP3, and Local Database.
Comprehensive Network User Management Platform
• Support various authentication platforms.
• Manage various types of users via policy-based control approach.
• Provide detailed per-user network traffic history log for analysis and record keeping.
• Manage user accounts in policy-oriented manner, including bandwidth, account valid time, route, authentication, and
• Per-user bandwidth limit enables flexible traffic control to prevent P2P download.
• Manage on-demand user accounts according to different conditions with billing, including valid time, bandwidth usage, number of packet transferred
Centralized Access Point (EW-7206APg) Management
• Centralized control and automatic AP discovery.
• Manage and monitor of APs via the management interface, including APs’ system settings, online status, enabling, disabling, reset, and firmware upgrade
• Periodically monitor APs and force problematic APs to reset
• Support Router, NAT mode
• Support Static IP, DHCP, PPPoE on WAN interface.
• Choose freely which LAN is authentication-enabled LAN.
• Contain built-in DHCP server and support DHCP relay.
• Support NAT:
(a) IP/Port Destination Redirection
(b) DMZ Server Mapping
(c) Virtual Server Mapping
(d) H.323 Pass-Through
• Support static route
• Support SMTP redirection
• Support Walled Garden (free surfing zone)
• Support MAC Address Pass-Through
• Support HTTP Proxy
• Contain built-in hardware-based VPN accelerator.
• Support data encryption: WEP(64/128-bit), WPA, WPA2, IPSec VPN.
• Support various authentication methods: WPA-PSK, WPA2- PSK, IEEE 802.1x(EAP-MD5, EAP-TLS, CHAP, PEAP).
• Provides VPN termination of IPSec tunnels to enhance wireless security.
• Support VPN pass-through (IPSec and PPTP).
• Support DoS attack protection
• Support MAC Access Control List
• Support user Black List
• Allow MAC address and user identity binding for local user authentication
• Support IEEE 802.11b/g AP (EW-7206APg).
• Provide centralized management via HTTP/SNMP interface.
• Discover APs automatically.
• Add and delete APs directly from the device list.
• Enable or disable APs easily via management interface.
• Provide MAC Access Control List for each AP.
• Maintain configuration profiles of APs via local terminal.
• Upgrade and restore AP’s firmware via one single management interface.
• Monitor AP’s system status and associated client stations.
• Recover APs automatically when the system fails.
• Provide alarms and warnings of APs’ system status when necessary.
• Detect third-party APs via Monitor IP feature. Monitoring and Reporting
• Monitor online users’ status.
• Monitor network devices by IPs.
• Alert WAN connection failure.
• Support Syslog for diagnosing and troubleshooting.
• Provide user network traffic history.
Network Access Controller User Management
• Support multiple authentication methods simultaneously, including Local and On-demand accounts, POP3(S), LDAP, RADIUS, and NT Domain.
• Provide role-based and policy-based access control, such as per-role assignments on Firewall policies, Routing, Login Schedule, and Bandwidth.
• Provide user session management:
(a) SSL protected login portal page.
(b) Choice for multiple logins with one single account.
(c) Session idle timer.
(d) Account expiration control.
(e) Notification e-mail with a hyperlink to login portal page.
(f) Windows domain transparent login.
(g) Configurable login time frame.
Accounting and Billing
• Support RADIUS accounting and RADIUS VSA (Vendor Specific Attribute).
• Contain built-in billing profiles for on-demand accounts.
• Provide session expiration control for on-demand accounts.
• Provides billing report on screen for on-demand accounts
• Provide detailed per-user network traffic history for both local and on-demand user accounts.
• Support automatic e-mail to report network traffic history.
• Support multilingual and web-based management user interface.
• Provide customizable login and logout portal page.
• Provide SSH remote management.
• Upgrade firmware remotely.
• Provide NTP time synchronization function.
• Support console management interface.
• Provide backup and restore configuration.
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 24 months
- Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- RTB Period:
- 24 months
- 0845 123 8307
2 years warranty return to Scan, subject to manufacturer's warranty.
This Warranty does not cover any damage due to abnormal use or conditions, misuse, neglect, abuse, accident, improper handling or storage, exposure to moisture, unauthorized modifications, alterations, or repairs, improper installation, improper use of any electrical source, undue physical or electrical stress, operator error, non-compliance with instructions.
Date Issued: 20th Oct 2008
Port forwarding is a technique you’ll need to use to enable certain services if you’re using a router. If you don’t really care how it works, you can skip this section and just find out how to do it.
Date Issued: 26th Oct 2006
As a growing number of homes contain more than one computer, their users must find ways to network them. The primary purpose for creating a home network tends to be to provide Internet access to all computers within the house. There are other good reasons, however. These include enabling LAN gaming, data backups from one machine to another and the sharing of music within the home.