Edimax presents its AC-M1000, This is a Network Access Controller specially designed for wired and wireless data network environments in small to medium size businesses.
It integrates network management and secures data transmission to ensure a mobile and efficient working environment. System administrators can effectively monitor wired or wireless users, either employees or guests via AC-M1000’s user management interface.
Moreover, administrators can discover, configure, monitor, and upgrade all manageable access points (EW-7206APg) from a single, centralized AP management interface.
AC-M1000 allows administrators to regulate wired and wireless network systems efficiently and protect the network.Key Features
• VPN secured network technology
• Single login account roaming among various APs
• Centralized AP management
• Role-based and policy-based access control
• Multiple authentication methods
• Fail-over on dual WAN ports
• Per-user bandwidth management
• Record of per-user network traffic history
• On-demand, instant guest account managementIf you require extra LAN ports please purchase the Access Point EW-7206APg (Not Included) as its 100% compatiableClick here to view the Edimax shopping guide! Features
If you require extra LAN ports please purchase the Access Point EW-7206APg (Not Included) as its 100% compatiable
Concurrent Users 50
Local Accounts 250
Features client-server IPSec VPN authentication (with ActiveX component)
Instant Guest Accounts 2000
VPN Termination Tunnels - 50
VPN 3DES/DES Throughput - 20Mbps
Supports single login account roaming among multiple AP's
Monitored 3rd-party Access Points - 40
Offers centralized AP management in combination with the Edimax EW-7206APg (wireless access point)
Supports role-based and policy-based access control
Provides multiple authentication methods
Supports Fail-Over on dual WAN ports
Supports individual bandwidth management per user
Supports recording of network traffic history per user
Offers on-demand guest account managementBenefits
Simplified LAN Deployment and Management Platform
• Easily integrates with the existing network infrastructure.
• Friendly interface for centralized management platform; no need for IT outsourcing.
• High efficiency, high flexibility, and low equipment cost.
• Best solution to manage both wireless and wired network.Powerful Network Security Capabilities
• Advanced IPSec VPN encryption to enhance the security of wired and wireless data transmission.
• Data packets filtering through built-in firewall
• Diverse user authentication management platforms, including NT, LDAP, RADIUS, POP3, and Local Database.
Comprehensive Network User Management Platform
• Support various authentication platforms.
• Manage various types of users via policy-based control approach.
• Provide detailed per-user network traffic history log for analysis and record keeping.
• Manage user accounts in policy-oriented manner, including bandwidth, account valid time, route, authentication, and
• Per-user bandwidth limit enables flexible traffic control to prevent P2P download.
• Manage on-demand user accounts according to different conditions with billing, including valid time, bandwidth usage, number of packet transferred
Centralized Access Point (EW-7206APg) Management
• Centralized control and automatic AP discovery.
• Manage and monitor of APs via the management interface, including APs’ system settings, online status, enabling, disabling, reset, and firmware upgrade
• Periodically monitor APs and force problematic APs to resetNetworking:
• Support Router, NAT mode
• Support Static IP, DHCP, PPPoE on WAN interface.
• Choose freely which LAN is authentication-enabled LAN.
• Contain built-in DHCP server and support DHCP relay.
• Support NAT:
(a) IP/Port Destination Redirection
(b) DMZ Server Mapping
(c) Virtual Server Mapping
(d) H.323 Pass-Through
• Support static route
• Support SMTP redirection
• Support Walled Garden (free surfing zone)
• Support MAC Address Pass-Through
• Support HTTP Proxy
• Contain built-in hardware-based VPN accelerator.Security Features
• Support data encryption: WEP(64/128-bit), WPA, WPA2, IPSec VPN.
• Support various authentication methods: WPA-PSK, WPA2- PSK, IEEE 802.1x(EAP-MD5, EAP-TLS, CHAP, PEAP).
• Provides VPN termination of IPSec tunnels to enhance wireless security.
• Support VPN pass-through (IPSec and PPTP).
• Support DoS attack protection
• Support MAC Access Control List
• Support user Black List
• Allow MAC address and user identity binding for local user authenticationAP Management
• Support IEEE 802.11b/g AP (EW-7206APg).
• Provide centralized management via HTTP/SNMP interface.
• Discover APs automatically.
• Add and delete APs directly from the device list.
• Enable or disable APs easily via management interface.
• Provide MAC Access Control List for each AP.
• Maintain configuration profiles of APs via local terminal.
• Upgrade and restore AP’s firmware via one single management interface.
• Monitor AP’s system status and associated client stations.
• Recover APs automatically when the system fails.
• Provide alarms and warnings of APs’ system status when necessary.
• Detect third-party APs via Monitor IP feature. Monitoring and Reporting
• Monitor online users’ status.
• Monitor network devices by IPs.
• Alert WAN connection failure.
• Support Syslog for diagnosing and troubleshooting.
• Provide user network traffic history.
Network Access Controller User Management
• Support multiple authentication methods simultaneously, including Local and On-demand accounts, POP3(S), LDAP, RADIUS, and NT Domain.
• Provide role-based and policy-based access control, such as per-role assignments on Firewall policies, Routing, Login Schedule, and Bandwidth.
• Provide user session management:
(a) SSL protected login portal page.
(b) Choice for multiple logins with one single account.
(c) Session idle timer.
(d) Account expiration control.
(e) Notification e-mail with a hyperlink to login portal page.
(f) Windows domain transparent login.
(g) Configurable login time frame.Accounting and Billing
• Support RADIUS accounting and RADIUS VSA (Vendor Specific Attribute).
• Contain built-in billing profiles for on-demand accounts.
• Provide session expiration control for on-demand accounts.
• Provides billing report on screen for on-demand accounts
• Provide detailed per-user network traffic history for both local and on-demand user accounts.
• Support automatic e-mail to report network traffic history. System Administration
• Support multilingual and web-based management user interface.
• Provide customizable login and logout portal page.
• Provide SSH remote management.
• Upgrade firmware remotely.
• Provide NTP time synchronization function.
• Support console management interface.
• Provide backup and restore configuration.