DPA d:screet™ CORE 4061 Omni Mic, Loud SPL, Microdot (Beige)
DPA d:screet™ CORE 4061 Miniature Omnidirectional Microphone, Loud SPL, Microdot - Beige
|Instalment Rate:||14.9% p.a. (fixed)|
|Cost of purchase:||£366.00|
|Total inc. interest:||£394.29|
|Instalment Rate:||14.9% p.a. (fixed)|
|Cost of purchase:||£366.00|
|Total inc. interest:||£421.62|
Purchase Rate: 21.9% p.a. (variable)
Representative: 21.9% APR (variable)
Assumed Credit Limit: £1,200Subject to status. Terms and Conditions apply.
By DPD On 15th Jun
to your specified address. |
Receive SMS with one-hour delivery window
Weekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Have your parcel delivered by DPD to your specified address. Receive SMS with one-hour delivery windowWeekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Collect from our Bolton store, BL6 6PE |
Order online, collect from our Bolton store (25-28 Enterprise Park, Middlebrook, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 6PE)
UPS and DPD Pickup Pickup from local convenience store |
Collect your parcel from your newsagents, petrol stations and convenience stores
Protect against installation damage for 28 days.
ScanProtect is an enhanced warranty specifically designed and offered by Scan to reduce the risk of any mishap or damage to components during installation.
Our aim with ScanProtect is to encourage our customers to upgrade or build their own PC confidently. For a small additional fee our customers are provided with complete peace of mind.
Big sound - small footprint
This series contains the 4060, 4061, 4062, 4063 and 4071 Omni Miniature Mics. Each version is tailored towards a specific application based on sensitivity, voltage and placement needs. They are all based on the original d:screet™ 4060; the very first miniature microphone developed by DPA from the best technology previously only used in hearing aids and measurement microphones. All of the mics in the series share important basic features, but each is optimized for particular applications.
The series was developed to withstand the toughest of conditions. They contain a 5.4 mm diameter pre-polarized condenser element with a vertical diaphragm. This unique, Double Vent Protection System makes the mics greatly resistant to humidity and sweat. These mics are also designed with a Kevlar-reinforced cable relief, which is built to withstand the constant twists, bends and pulls that are part of the everyday use in harsh environments.
The acoustic response of the d:screet™ 4060 Series can be modified by selecting the correct grid for the job. Two grids are supplied with each microphone (not the d:screet™ 4071, which includes a fixed grid). The pre-fitted Soft Boost Grid gives a 3 dB soft boost at 8-20 kHz. It should be used when the microphone is mounted on the performer’s head as well as in most other applications where you need a natural-sounding microphone. When fitted, the High Boost Grid introduces a 10 dB soft boost around 12 kHz for applications where the microphones chest-placement is preferred. Both of these grids are made of anodized stainless steel, giving a tough and scratch resistant surface. They can be detached from the microphone and cleaned of sweat, makeup, etc.
d:screet™ 4061 Miniature Omnidirectional Microphone, High SPL
This microphone is acoustically identical to the d:screet™ 4060 Miniature Omnidirectional Microphone, Normal SPL, but its sensitivity is adjusted to accommodate higher sound pressure levels (SPLs).
The d:screet™ 4061 Miniature Omnidirectional Microphone, High SPL can handle SPL up to 144 dB peak before clipping, making it one of the best miniatures for use on very loud sound sources, such as some instruments and human voices.
In comparison, the d:screet™ 4061 is about 10 dB less sensitive than the d:screet™ 4060 and therefore works well when used for hidden applications, for example mounted on the head or forehead of a theater performer. In this placement, the sound pressure level is about 10 dB louder than what you encounter with chest placement (lapel microphone).
This mic is available in four colors: black, brown, beige and white. An even more robust, heavy-duty version is also available.
A bit about omnis
An omnidirectional microphone has sensitivity at all angles – in principle picking up sound equally from all directions. This gives you extremely natural and realistic sound compared to a cardioid mic. Omni mics are often used for picking up ambient sounds, as well as miking a large sound source such as a choir in a recording situation. Unfortunately, due to their pickup pattern, omnis can also produce a lot of feedback in live situations.
Nonetheless, we recommend that you try a DPA omni first because, when used close to the sound source, the equal frequency response makes these mics a flexible addition in your audio toolbox. It will often give a more natural sound, it can handle extremely high sound pressure levels, it does not suffer from proximity effect and is not as sensitive to wind, pop or handling noise.
Flexible Adapter System
All of DPA’s microphones can be configured to run easily and effortlessly with a wireless system. We use a unique MicroDot termination on our microphones together with a changeable adapter to ensure secure configuration. All of the adapters we use are original, developed and manufactured by the wireless system brand you use. This ensures that your mic will work consistently with no connection trouble to your system.
The adapters for wireless systems give you flexible, simple and affordable possibilities. You are no longer bound to one wireless system. As circumstances change, you can just switch your adapter, instead of incurring the cost of a completely new microphone. When you make the switch, you won't hear any loss or change in sound quality.
Using an adapter for wireless, our microphones with MicroDot termination are compatible with the professional wireless systems listed below. Many of these brands have several model numbers. To ensure compatibility you should find your particular model number, which in most cases can be found on the transmitter. Other configurations are possible; however, DPA Microphones cannot guarantee full compatibility in these cases.
Wireless brands we work with: AKG, Audio Ltd., Audio-Technica, Beyerdynamic, Electro-Voice, Lectrosonics, Line 6, Micron, Mipro, Pastega, Ramsa, Sabine, Samson, Sennheiser, Shure, Sony, Telex, TOA, Trantec, Vega, Wisycom and Zaxcom.
Hardwired versions without the MicroDot connector are also available for various versions. Popular choices are 3-pin LEMO (Sennheiser), Mini-Jack (Sennheiser) and TA4F Mini-XLR (Shure).
If you prefer to run via a wired system, all of our mics are available with an XLR adapter. Features • Exceptional audio quality
• Uniform, consistent sound between DPA mics
• Extremely rugged and reliable
• Diminutive size made for flexible and easy concealment
• Large selection of clips, windscreens, grids and other accessories
• Modular adapter system fits most professional wireless systems
• Directional pattern: Omnidirectional
• Principle of operation: Pressure
• Cartridge type: Pre-polarized condenser
• Frequency range: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
• Frequency range, ±2 dB: Soft boost grid: 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 3 dB soft boost at 8 - 20 kHz. High boost grid: 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 10 dB boost at 12 kHz
• Sensitivity, nominal, ±3 dB at 1 kHz: 6 mV/Pa; -44 dB re. 1 V/Pa
• Equivalent noise level, A-weighted: Typ. 26 dB(A) re. 20 µPa (max. 28 dB(A))
• Equivalent noise level, ITU-R BS.468-4: Typ. 38 dB (max. 40 dB)
• S/N ratio (A-weighted), re. 1 kHz at 1 Pa (94 dB SPL): Typ. 68 dB(A)
• Total harmonic distortion (THD): - Legacy < 1% THD up to 123 dB SPL peak; < 1% THD up to 120 dB SPL RMS sine
• Total harmonic distortion (THD): - CORE < 1% THD up to 137 dB SPL peak
• Dynamic range: - Legacy Typ. 97 dB
• Dynamic range: - CORE Typ. 111 dB
• Max. SPL, peak before clipping 144 dB
• Output impedance: 30 - 40 O
• Cable drive capability: Up to 300 m (984 ft)
• Power supply (for full performance): For wireless systems: Min. 5 V - max. 50 V through DPA adapter. With DAD6001-BC/DAD6024/DAD4099: 48 V phantom power ±4 V for full performance
• Current consumption: Typ. 1.5 mA (microphone). 3.5 mA with DAD6001-BC XLR Adapter
• Connector: MicroDot
• Color: Black, beige, brown or white
• Weight: 7.5 g (0.26 oz) incl. Cable and MicroDot connector
• Microphone diameter: 5.4 mm (0.21 in)
• Microphone length: 12.7 mm (0.5 in)
• Cable length: 1.8 m (5.9 ft)
• Polarity: Positively increasing sound pressure produces positive going voltage on MicroDot pin
• Temperature range: -40°C to 45°C (-40°F to 113°F)
• Relative humidity (RH): Up to 90%
|Polar Pattern (Direction)||Omnidirectional|
|Sensitivity||6 mV/Pa; -44 dB re. 1 V/Pa|
|Frequency Response||20 Hz - 20 kHz|
|Wired / Wireless||Wired|
|Connectors||1 x MicroDot|
|Including Shock Mount||No|
|Including Pop Shield||No|
|Including Mic Clip||No|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 12 months
- Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- RTB Period:
- 12 months
- Scan Computers International Limited