Smart Gigabit Switch from D-Link DGS-1216T
16 Port Dlink DGS-1216T Gigabit Copper Ethernet Layer 2 Workgroup
to your specified address. |
Receive SMS with one-hour delivery window
Weekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Have your parcel delivered by DPD to your specified address. Receive SMS with one-hour delivery windowWeekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Collect from our Bolton store, BL6 6PE |
Order online, collect from our Bolton store (25-28 Enterprise Park, Middlebrook, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 6PE)
UPS and DPD Pickup Pickup from local convenience store |
Collect your parcel from your newsagents, petrol stations and convenience stores
Protect against installation damage for 28 days.
ScanProtect is an enhanced warranty specifically designed and offered by Scan to reduce the risk of any mishap or damage to components during installation.
Our aim with ScanProtect is to encourage our customers to upgrade or build their own PC confidently. For a small additional fee our customers are provided with complete peace of mind.
Features • D-Link Green™ Technology: D-Link is striving to take the lead in developing innovative and power-saving technology without sacrificing operational performance or functionality. The DGS-1216T implements D-Link Green technology, resulting in reduced power consumption and heat dissipation. The switch has adopted the latest silicon technology, which helps lower your power consumption usage. If a port does not have a cable link or the connected device is powered down, the port goes to “sleep mode”, reducing power consumption and saving energy. In a standard work day scenario in which PCs are used 10 hours a day and powered down for 14 hours, the DGS-1216T can provide power savings of up to 32% when compared to a D-Link conventional switch.
• Protecting the Environment for a Better Tomorrow: The incorporation of D-Link Green technology into DGS-1216T switch re-emphasizes D-Link’s strong commitment to protecting the environment and leading the development of eco-friendly products. DGS-1216T complies with RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances) and WEEE (Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment) directives. RoHS directives restrict the use of specific hazardous materials during the manufacture of electrical and electronic goods, while WEEE directives apply standards for proper disposal and recyclable packaging to help reduce wastage.
• Secure Your Network: The DGS-1216T provides a robust set of security features normally found only in fully managed switching solutions. They are equipped with the D-Link Safeguard Engine™ to protect the CPU from malicious attacks. When frames enter the switch, the D-Link Safeguard Engine detects and blocks broadcast, multicast, and unicast flooding, which can overload a CPU and bring network traffic to a halt. In addition, the switches provide support for secure encrypted 802.1X Port-based Authentication, Broadcast Storm Control, and up to 256 static MAC address entries. You can also manage the switches from a remote station using the Trusted Host function. Management can be from up to three designated management stations through a web browser or telnet session.
• IEEE 802.1Q VLAN Tagging: VLANs allow your network to be segmented into Departmental, Hierarchical, and Security groups and place a “tag” in a frame to identify which VLAN it belongs to. This allows 802.1Q-compliant devices to work seamlessly together to manage VLAN traffic.
• Asymmetric VLANs: Asymmetric VLANs are also supported by the DGS-1216T. With this feature enabled, VLAN groups can send information to each other without the traffic going through a router or a Layer 3 switch. This eliminates expense and maximizes efficiency while maintaining security.
• 802.1p Priority Tagging or DSCP-based QoS: The DGS-1216T allows users to prioritize traffic based on 802.1p or DSCP-based (Differentiated Services Case Point) QoS. Port-based QoS prioritizes all port traffic with one value, while 802.1p classifies frames according to their VLAN tag. DSCP-based QoS prioritizes traffic according to its IP header. DSCP-based QoS and 802.1p priority tagging prioritizes traffic such as VoIP as it enters the switch, ensuring that your data is always clear and jitter-free.
• Link Aggregation: The DGS-1216T supports Static Link Aggregation, which “trunks” multiple ports together to function as a single, high-bandwidth channel. When a high-bandwidth channel is needed to uplink to another switch, Link Aggregation makes this process simple and hassle-free.
• Jumbo Frame Support: Jumbo Frame support is designed to improve network throughput and significantly reduce the CPU utilization of large file transfers (such as multimedia files or large data files). This is accomplished by enabling larger, more efficient payloads per packet. The DGS-1216T supports Jumbo Frames up to 10KB in size.
• IGMP Snooping: IGMP Snooping allows for the forwarding of multicast packets, such as streaming audio and video, without increasing network congestion. By snooping IGMP registration information within a frame, a list of workstations in the multicast group is created. The switch uses this list to intelligently forward packets to the appropriate workstations.
• Cable Diagnostics: Because your connection is just as important as the switch itself, the DGS-1216T is designed with a cable diagnostic feature that detects transmission errors and the condition of cables attached to the switch’s Gigabit copper ports. Cable Diagnostics make it easier to troubleshoot cabling issues through a web-based interface and keep all connections up.
• Advanced Management Features: The DGS-1216T supports SNMP v1, a useful tool in managing and controlling SNMP-supported network devices. SNMP enables the switches to provide valuable information about the switch’s status and send traps on abnormal events. This sharing of vital management information saves time and money. The DGS-1216T also supports 802.1D Spanning Tree, which provides protection from universal cabling loops forming within a network infrastructure. Spanning tree detects and breaks these loops, ensuring network uptime.
• Management Utility: In addition to the Web-based Management Interface, the DGS-1216T also ships with the D-Link SmartConsole Utility. This utility provides a valuable tool in managing, planning, and troubleshooting network configurations. Managing a Web Smart switch takes only minutes. With full color graphics, diagrams, and easy-to-understand navigation menus, using the SmartConsole Utility is as easy as surfing the web. The SmartConsole Utility also includes:
• Discovery List – Automatically detects and displays up to 254 D-Link Web Smart Switches on your network along with their MAC addresses.
• Monitor List – Monitors switch status and any trap messages sent to a designated station.
• Trap View – Notifies the administrator whenever an abnormal event occurs on the switch.
• Device Setting – Allows the administrator to set up the switch’s IP Address, Subnet Mask, Gateway, and Send Trap to Address, System Name, Password, and Location.
• With its green sensibility and easy-to-use, robust feature set, the DGS-1216T makes a great solution for any growing business.
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 24 months
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- 0845 612 0003/0871 873 3000
"Please be aware any warranty offered in excess of 12 months is at the manufacturer's discretion and maybe subject to change without notice."
We recommend that you retain your retail packaging within the first 28 days of purchase.
Warranty is with Scan/D-Link for 1 year from our invoice date, outside of this please contact D-Link directly on 0871 873 3000
Dlink Product Warranty Period:
Online D-Link warranty using the link below:
This Warranty does not cover any damage due to abnormal use or conditions, misuse, neglect, abuse, accident, improper handling or storage, serial number altered, defaced or removed; or has had the warranty seal on the system altered, defaced or removed, exposure to moisture, unauthorized modifications, alterations, or repairs, improper installation, improper use of any electrical source, undue physical or electrical stress, operator error, non-compliance with instructions.
Date Issued: 20th Oct 2008
Port forwarding is a technique you’ll need to use to enable certain services if you’re using a router. If you don’t really care how it works, you can skip this section and just find out how to do it.
Date Issued: 26th Oct 2006
As a growing number of homes contain more than one computer, their users must find ways to network them. The primary purpose for creating a home network tends to be to provide Internet access to all computers within the house. There are other good reasons, however. These include enabling LAN gaming, data backups from one machine to another and the sharing of music within the home.