Cubase Pro 8.5 Educational Music Production Software - Retail
Advanced music production system
Engineered to make advanced music creation easier than ever before, Cubase Pro 8.5 offers a huge array of workflow and interface enhancements to facilitate a more creative, inspirational approach. With a design ethos that unites technical innovation and artistic inspiration, Steinberg’s decades of experience in music software design have culminated in Cubase Pro 8.5: an awesomely powerful yet instantly accessible music production environment. The update to version 8.5 adds VST Transit, a revolutionary cloud-based production tool, an expanded version of the Retrologue VST synth, many enhancements for mixing and automating audio, a range of MIDI editing refinements, a new Profile Manager and much more.
Profile Manager (Cubase Pro 8.5 exclusive feature)
The new Profile Manager in Cubase 8.5 lets you easily store and recall program settings and preferences, including keyboard shortcuts, color sets and much more. Switch between different settings or migrate your very own custom Cubase environment to another studio running Cubase. The Profile Manager lets you take “your” Cubase with you wherever you go.
Making music-making easier
From fantastic new features to a multitude of hidden tweaks, Cubase 8.5 bristles with additions that have only one aim: making it easier for you to make music. Sync and collaborate on projects in the cloud with the revolutionary VST Transit; quickly pull in tracks from other projects; store and recall all your Cubase preferences on any computer. And a whole host of features have been improved to make them more creative and productive, including the acclaimed Retrologue analog synth, the MIDI editors, Transport bar, Chord Pads, MixConsole and many more — all with added functions or redesigned interfaces that smooth your creative process.
VST Transit is Steinberg’s new cloud collaboration service. It’s our mission to bring together musicians and producers from all over the globe and to offer all the advantages of cloud-based music production. The possibilities are endless: upload your project to cloud storage, and download it from another location/computer; continue working or recording and synchronize the changes back to the cloud. Collaborate on shared projects or make your private songs accessible anywhere. Enjoy the built-in message system, helping to find new contributors to your project, and discuss your latest ideas with your friends and band members — all directly in Cubase! VST Transit comes with up to 500 MB free storage space on secure Amazon AWS servers and 1 GB free traffic per month. With a VST Transit premium account you can bump up the capacity up to 5 GB and a whopping 20 GB traffic per month, enough even for the most demanding projects!
With many new features and improvements, Retrologue 2 has taken a big step forward without losing its remarkable warm and raw analog sound. An additional third oscillator, new polyphonic LFOs and an additional envelope are just some of the enhancements in the synth section. The highly flexible arpeggiator and five brand-new FX, with the classic three-band Resonator leading the way, open up new possibilities for over 400 fresh presets that show off what Retrologue 2 has in store for you.
A more responsive MixConsole
MixConsole is one of the most advanced digital mixing tools available anywhere. Cubase 8.5 adds two new ways of adapting MixConsole to individual approaches to mixing. The dynamic hover mode, designed to make it easier to find the parameter you’re looking for, has been refined in Cubase 8.5 thanks to feedback from the many experienced mixing professionals among Cubase customers. Yet Cubase 8.5 also caters for other approaches to mixing: if you prefer seeing all controls at once, enable the new static mode to show all inserts, EQs and Sends simultaneously. Whichever approach you favor, MixConsole in Cubase 8.5 provides a more personal mixing experience.
Import tracks from projects
Pull in tracks from other projects on the fly in seconds! You’ve spent ages tweaking that little synthetic kick drum sound into an earth-shattering boom, or meticulously building a monumental wall of guitar. Now you want to bring that into your current song — and it’s so easy and quick in Cubase 8.5. Import the entire track with all its settings and content, either as new tracks or replacing existing tracks with the same name. And Cubase will even create new TrackVersions automatically when replacing existing tracks, allowing you to change back to the original track layout with one single click!
Upgraded Key and Drum Editors
Compose more creatively in Cubase 8.5 thanks to faster, more intuitive MIDI editing in the Key and Drum Editors. Insert a note or beat, adjust its length, position or pitch without changing tools — it’s the kind of feature update that will instantly feel as though it’s always been that way. And perfect for beat programmers and beat fiends: the Drum Editor has new visualization and editing capabilities for note lengths, while a visibility agent lets you display, say, only the drum sounds actually in use in your project, or other conditions that let you focus on creating your beats.
Enhanced Chord Pads
The Chord Pads composition tool to create chord structures and patterns in seconds was one of the major highlights of Cubase Pro and Artist 8. With the update to 8.5, this creative time-saver has been enhanced even further. The new “Sections” play mode gives full and intuitive control of how arpeggiation is processed. Any arpeggio note can be mapped to individual keys on a MIDI remote keyboard, letting you trigger each note individually. And we didn’t stop there: additional options give better control of overlapping chords during playback and make it easier to setup MIDI input/output routing. And in case you prefer naming a chord “Cadd9” instead of “C9”, you’ll be happy to know that Cubase now supports custom chord symbols throughout.
Better transport infrastructure
The transport panel has been restructured for easier access and visually overhauled with improved visibility for buttons and time displays that are clearer and easier to read. The Transport menu has also been restructured, with all commands and options now clearly categorized and consolidated into submenus, including commands and options previously only available in the transport panel. Each menu entry now features a corresponding key command counterpart.
Dedicated punch points
Both Pro and Artist 8.5 introduce dedicated Punch In and Out points which are independent from the locator positions. Together with the Cycle mode you can now easily define a start and end position for cycle playback with dedicated positions to Punch In and Out from Record, all while staying in Cycle mode.
zPlane élastique v3
The acclaimed Audiowarp feature in Cubase has a long history, and exploits the power and fidelity of zPlane’s outstanding timestretch/pitch-shift algorithms. Cubase Pro and Cubase Artist now feature zPlanes élastique v3 algorithm, offering virtually endlessly time-stretching and improved quality of transient processing and AudioWarp functions, even with large stretch factors.
Locate instruments, presets, audio and MIDI files and other content even faster with the intuitive new MediaBay project rack feature. This lets you navigate through your content in an instantly accessible way by clicking through icons and images for Steinberg VST instruments and their libraries, content packs and preset categories. With its intuitive breadcrumb-navigation style, MediaBay Racks guide you visually to the sound you’re looking for, while a new “Content Set” attribute makes it even easier to find your way through even the biggest collections of content sets.
In 8.5 it’s easier for you to make music in other ways, too. Among the many enhancements designed to simplify music creation are the enhanced track creation feature, which allows outputs to be assigned when adding new tracks, improved ruler handling, free shaping and editing of tempo information, moving of consecutive automation events wherever you want, faster duplicating of events or parts using a mouse; and a vastly improved naming scheme in the Export Audio Mixdown window featuring a presets system. These and many other refinements let you produce songs and realize musical ideas with greater ease and more quickly than ever before. Simply make great music.
Why update from previous Cubase Pro Versions to 8.5?
• VST Transit cloud collaboration service brings together musicians and producers from all over the globe.
• Retrologue 2 provides mesmerizing new sonic capabilities and hundreds of new presets.
• More responsive MixConsole environment with refined hover controls.
• Pull tracks from existing projects into your song in only a few clicks, including all settings and content.
• Upgraded Key and Drum Editors for faster, more intuitive MIDI editing.
• Enhanced Chord Pads with new Sections play mode and custom chord symbols.
• Profile Manager stores and recalls program settings and preferences.
• Better Transport infrastructure consolidated for easier access and improved visibility.
• Dedicated punch points, independent from locator positions for even more flexibility when recording audio and MIDI.
• Version 3 of zPlane’s extraordinary élastique timestretch/pitch-shift algorithm. Features • State-of-the-art music production system used by countless professionals around the world.
• Award-winning 32-bit floating-point Steinberg audio engine with up to 192 kHz, 5.1 surround, flexible routing and full automatic delay compensation.
• Unlimited audio, instrument and MIDI tracks.
• MixConsole for the ultimate mixing experience, presenting unmatched flexibility and integrated EQ/Dynamics channel strip modules for an epic, pro console sound.
• Comprehensive set of 8 outstanding instruments with over 3,400 sounds, including HALion Sonic SE 2 workstation, Padshop granular synth, Retrologue 2 virtual analog synth, LoopMash 2 and Groove Agent SE 4 drum machine.
• Complete suite of 73 high-end audio and 18 MIDI VST effect processors, including Quadrafuzz v2, VST Amp Rack and VST Bass Amp guitar and bass tone suites, REVerence convolution reverb, Voxengo CurveEQ and many more.
• VCA faders for complex mixing and automation workflows, TrackVersions for playlists-like editing and render-in-place for simplified editing tasks.
• VariAudio for MIDI-style note editing of monophonic audio tracks and automatic voicing harmonization and auto-tuning effect.
• Chord track and pads for easy chord management and reharmonizing plus intelligent composing assistance for generating beautiful chord sequences.
• Steinberg VST Connect SE 3 and VST Transit cloud collaboration service.
• Professional music notation and score printing.
Please note: As this is the educational version for teachers & students you may be asked to prove your eligibility to buy this product.
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 1 months
- Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 1 days
- Non-Returnable Item if Opened or Used
- 0871 472 4747
Date Issued: 5th Apr 2013
Intro, Standard or Suite? For those new to Ableton live: It comes in three editions: Intro, Standard and Suite. Intro is exceptional value and a great introduction to Ableton’s main features. Suite is aimed at the producer who needs a wealth of sounds and virtual instruments. All of the versions have the unique Session View for quick, intuitive composition, flexible performance and improvisation.