48 Port Gigabit Cisco Small Business Smart Network LAN Switch
The Cisco SLM2048 includes numerous QoS features to help ensure that traffic is prioritized properly to deliver the best possible user experience for real-time applications such as voice and video or bandwidth-intensive graphic/video file uploads or downloads. With its Internet Group Management Protocol (IGMP) snooping feature, the Cisco SLM2048 limits IP multicast traffic (such as real-time presentations, videoconferences, and online gaming) to only the ports that have requested it, enabling the rest of the network to operate at peak efficiency. Additional QoS capabilities, such as IEEE 802.1p priority tagging, differentiated services code point (DSCP), and four hardware queues, also maintain quality for real-time applications such as voice and video. Network traffic can be optimized with the switch's 802.1Q VLAN support, which enables you to quickly segregate network traffic by department or workgroup. VLANs also provide an additional layer of security by keeping sensitive data separated from other workgroups on the network. Network security is an absolute requirement for any business, and preventing unauthorized access to the company network is critical. The Cisco SLM2048 secures the network through 802.1X port authentication, which prompts end users to provide their username and password before they are permitted to pass data. User access can also be controlled through the SLM2048's MAC-based filtering capability, which allows network access only to those devices or workstations that have been authorized as identified by their MAC address. The many-to-one or one-to-one port mirroring feature of the Cisco SLM2048 enables you to monitor the type of traffic being transmitted on the network.
The Cisco SLM2048 includes features for quickly expanding and growing your network. To substantially increase network throughput speeds, especially useful for companies whose employees are routinely backing up their hard drives to a company server or storage platform, the Cisco SLM2048 supports link aggregation, which allows multiple high-bandwidth trunks between switches to be set up. Link aggregation also provides a level of availability and redundancy, as traffic will continue to flow even if one of the network links breaks. The Cisco SLM2048's Spanning Tree Protocol (STP) support and storm control feature help to control planned or inadvertent cable loops when switches are connected to one another. These loops can cause broadcast or multicast storms in the network, severely limiting its performance. With these features, you can confidently build a mesh of switches and quickly expand your network to support your growing workforce. Features • Forty-eight 10/100/1000 switched RJ-45 ports for up to 2000 Mbps of throughput per port
• 2 mini Gigabit Interface Converter (mini-GBIC) slots for fiber and copper Gigabit Ethernet expansion
• 96-Gbps nonblocking, store-and-forward switching mechanism
• Simplified QoS management enabled by advanced queuing techniques using 802.1p, IPv4/v6 Differentiated Services (DiffServ)/DSCP traffic prioritization specifications
• Configuration and monitoring from a standard web browser with a simplified management interface
• 802.1Q-based VLANs enable segmentation of networks for improved performance and security
• Port-level security via 802.1X authentication and MAC-based filtering
• Increased bandwidth (up to 8x) and added link redundancy with Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP)
• Multicast and broadcast storm control
• Port mirroring for noninvasive monitoring of switch traffic
• Jumbo frame support (9 KB)
• Fully rack-mountable using the included rack-mounting hardware
|Network Ports||48 x Gigabit 10/100/1000|
|Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF)|
|Max. Power Consumption|
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||440 x 43.1 x 345 mm|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
Warranty information has not yet been updated for this product. For further information please call 0871 472 4747 or 01204 474747.