Blue Microphone Mikey Digital USB Mic
Blue Microphone Mikey Digital USB Mic + Lightning - includes Ipad/iPhone Connectivity
to your specified address. |
Receive SMS with one-hour delivery window
Weekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Have your parcel delivered by DPD to your specified address. Receive SMS with one-hour delivery windowWeekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Collect from our Bolton store, BL6 6PE |
Order online, collect from our Bolton store (25-28 Enterprise Park, Middlebrook, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 6PE)
UPS and DPD Pickup Pickup from local convenience store |
Collect your parcel from your newsagents, petrol stations and convenience stores
Protect against installation damage for 28 days.
ScanProtect is an enhanced warranty specifically designed and offered by Scan to reduce the risk of any mishap or damage to components during installation.
Our aim with ScanProtect is to encourage our customers to upgrade or build their own PC confidently. For a small additional fee our customers are provided with complete peace of mind.
The all-new Mikey Digital is the perfect tool for mobile recording. Featuring two custom-tuned Blue capsules for stereo recording, a line-input, USB pass through and a stylish updated 230-degree rotating design, Mikey's three gain settings allow for a versatile recording experience for everything from a loud concert to a whisper. Record music, videos, interviews, guitars and more. Mikey also comes with its own soft carrying pouch for convenient storage and protection while on the go. Mikey turns your iPhone into the coolest mobile recording device around!
• Superior quality audio recording
• Made for iPod touch (4th generation*), iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPad 2 and iPad
• Works with most popular recording apps
• Input jack for guitars, mics, and any device with line-out
• Automatic or manual gain control
• Advanced processor for future app compatibility
• Built-in USB charging port
*iPod touch (4th gen) requires iOS 6.
How is MIKEY Digital used by the iPad, iPhone or iPod?
The iOS device recognizes MIKEY Digital as a microphone and will use it for any application using a microphone EXCEPT the phone and Facetime functions. Video recording and outside apps will use MIKEY Digital.
How does MIKEY Digital compare to the other audio recording accessories on the market?
MIKEY Digital is the only accessory that has both a built-in microphone and 1/8 inch (3.5mm) line-in jack. It also has very high quality microphone capsules and Blue's decades of microphone design experience, resulting in the best recording quality.
Is it possible to record with the microphone and line-in at the same time?
How does MIKEY Digital compare to my built-in microphone?
There are numerous advantages--
• can record in stereo, whereas others can only record in mono
• higher fidelity, sound quality-- the analog mics rely on the built-in A-D converter and circuitry, whereas MIKEY Digital uses Blue's discreet preamplifier, processing, and A-D conversion
• higher SPL handling (built-ins and cheap mics can only go to ~100dB, MIKEY digital can go to ~130dB)
• automatic gain-- MIKEY Digital can adjust to a wide range of recording situations, built-ins have no flexibility
• adjustability-- built-ins and simple plug-in mics don't have electronics or sophistication so there's no control over the mic or input
• flexibility-- MIKEY Digital can record directly or take a wide range of inputs
How does the automatic gain control/versatile input work? Those usually don't sound good...
Blue utilized a powerful processor which constantly analyzes the sound and tracks the change in sound volume over a long periods of time, so it is able to make better decisions around when to change the sensitivity. Similarly, the processor tracks the versatile input to analyze the load and voltage level of what is plugged into it, and adjusts accordingly to the best sound quality.
Is the line-in on MIKEY Digital stereo?
Yes. Stereo, if mono signal is present it will dupe the mono signal to both stereo channels. Features • Transducer Type - Condenser, Pressure, Gradient
• Polar Patterns - Cardioid
• Frequency Responce - 35Hz - 20kHz
• Sample/Word - 44.1 kHz/16bit
• Dimensions - 2.5" (L) x 2.5" (W) x 0.5" (H)
|Polar Pattern (Direction)||Cardioid|
|Frequency Response||35Hz - 20kHz|
|Wired / Wireless||Wireless|
|Including Shock Mount||No|
|Including Pop Shield||No|
|Including Mic Clip||No|
|Powered By||Ios Device|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 24 months
- Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 30 days
- RTB Period:
- 12 months
- Blue Microphones
Date Issued: 20th Oct 2008
Disk checking, defragmenting, windows update, virus scanning... there’s a lot to do to keep a system running smoothly. So, how often should you perform the tasks that look after both your computer and your data? Some need to be done more regularly than others. Here’s a few tips on how often you should be doing things.