Record Anytime, Anywhere
The all-new Mikey Digital is the perfect tool for mobile recording. Featuring two custom-tuned Blue capsules for stereo recording, a line-input, USB pass through and a stylish updated 230-degree rotating design, Mikey's three gain settings allow for a versatile recording experience for everything from a loud concert to a whisper. Record music, videos, interviews, guitars and more. Mikey also comes with its own soft carrying pouch for convenient storage and protection while on the go. Mikey turns your iPhone into the coolest mobile recording device around!
• Superior quality audio recording
• Made for iPod touch (4th generation*), iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPad 2 and iPad
• Works with most popular recording apps
• Input jack for guitars, mics, and any device with line-out
• Automatic or manual gain control
• Advanced processor for future app compatibility
• Built-in USB charging port
*iPod touch (4th gen) requires iOS 6.
How is MIKEY Digital used by the iPad, iPhone or iPod?
The iOS device recognizes MIKEY Digital as a microphone and will use it for any application using a microphone EXCEPT the phone and Facetime functions. Video recording and outside apps will use MIKEY Digital.
How does MIKEY Digital compare to the other audio recording accessories on the market?
MIKEY Digital is the only accessory that has both a built-in microphone and 1/8 inch (3.5mm) line-in jack. It also has very high quality microphone capsules and Blue's decades of microphone design experience, resulting in the best recording quality.
Is it possible to record with the microphone and line-in at the same time?
How does MIKEY Digital compare to my built-in microphone?
There are numerous advantages--
• can record in stereo, whereas others can only record in mono
• higher fidelity, sound quality-- the analog mics rely on the built-in A-D converter and circuitry, whereas MIKEY Digital uses Blue's discreet preamplifier, processing, and A-D conversion
• higher SPL handling (built-ins and cheap mics can only go to ~100dB, MIKEY digital can go to ~130dB)
• automatic gain-- MIKEY Digital can adjust to a wide range of recording situations, built-ins have no flexibility
• adjustability-- built-ins and simple plug-in mics don't have electronics or sophistication so there's no control over the mic or input
• flexibility-- MIKEY Digital can record directly or take a wide range of inputs
How does the automatic gain control/versatile input work? Those usually don't sound good...
Blue utilized a powerful processor which constantly analyzes the sound and tracks the change in sound volume over a long periods of time, so it is able to make better decisions around when to change the sensitivity. Similarly, the processor tracks the versatile input to analyze the load and voltage level of what is plugged into it, and adjusts accordingly to the best sound quality.
Is the line-in on MIKEY Digital stereo?
Yes. Stereo, if mono signal is present it will dupe the mono signal to both stereo channels.
• Transducer Type - Condenser, Pressure, Gradient
• Polar Patterns - Cardioid
• Frequency Responce - 35Hz - 20kHz
• Sample/Word - 44.1 kHz/16bit
• Dimensions - 2.5" (L) x 2.5" (W) x 0.5" (H)
Find Similar Products
Find similar products with the same specifications as Blue Microphone Mikey Digital USB Mic + Lightning - includes Ipad/iPhone Connectivity . Please choose from the list below.