The Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera from Blackmagic Design is a compact Super 16 format camera designed for digital film production. The Super 16 sized sensor has an effective resolution of 1920 x 1080 and is capable of capturing 13 stops of dynamic range. The Pocket Cinema Camera records Full HD video in either the lossless CinemaDNG RAW or Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) format. The active Micro Four Thirds lens mount can accommodate a growing range of MFT format lenses as well as a host of excellent legacy lenses via optional adapters. Blackmagic Design has packed all of these impressive features into a remarkably compact (5 x 2.6 x 1.5") and lightweight (12.5 oz) magnesium alloy chassis.Active Micro Four Thirds Lens Mount
Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera lets you use an extensive range of lenses. With full electronic control of an MFT lens, you can simply point and set iris all on command. The Micro Four Thirds lens mount also gives you the flexibility to adapt to PL or other lens mounts as required. Moreover, the Super 16 size sensor is compatible with a wide range of adapters for film quality Super 16 lenses. 13 Stops of Dynamic Range
The Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera delivers a film-like look with a super wide dynamic range of 13 stops. This means you retain all sensor data for DaVinci Resolve color grading. Plus, you get two dynamic range settings, film Log or video REC709, so you can choose the right dynamic range for your project. Using DaVinci Resolve Lite, which can be downloaded free from Blackmagic Design's website, you can color correct files natively or transcode them into a different file format to suit your post production workflow. Record to SD Cards
The Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera features a built-in SD card recorder that captures ProRes 422 (HQ) and lossless compressed CinemaDNG files to fast SDXC cards. SD cards are commonly available and can be formatted for either HFS+ or exFAT, making them compatible with either Mac OS X or Windows. CinemaDNG RAW and ProRes
The Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera records into high quality ProRes 422 (HQ) and lossless compressed CinemaDNG RAW files so you retain fine image detail with wide dynamic range for amazing images. This means that the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera supports true open file formats, so you're not locked into a strange file format that your editing software can't handle. Portable Design
Designed as an ultra compact, digital film camera the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera features a lightweight, elegant design that fits into your pocket. Produced from magnesium alloy, it includes a high resolution LCD for precise focusing and a built in SD card recorder, so you get a complete solution without the need to buy expensive accessories. High Resolution Display
The 3.5", 800 x 480 resolution LCD allows you to monitor while shooting and review files recorded on the SD card. The high resolution screen makes it easy to focus accurately and lets you zoom in to 1:1 size so you focus precisely every time. Camera status displayed at the bottom of the screen shows record status, shutter angle, time lapse interval, aperture setting, ISO, battery level and record time. Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera even includes built-in metadata entry. SDXC and SDHC Memory Cards
The Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera features a built-in SD card recorder. With the fast read/write capabilities of SDXC and SDHC cards you can record digital film quality images to a memory card that is smaller than a postage stamp. The camera creates 12-bit lossless compressed CinemaDNG and 10-bit ProRes 422 (HQ) files that are way beyond broadcast standards. When using ProRes you can record for more than 50 minutes on a 64GB SD card at 24 frames per second. Removable EL-EN20 Compatible Battery
The Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera includes a removable and rechargeable lithium ion battery, which provides up to an hour of continuous recording time. The Nikon EL-EN20 battery type is commonly available, so you can purchase multiple batteries if you need to shoot for longer periods. The battery charge time is approximately 1 hour 15 minutes with the camera off. Plus, with a wide 12-20V power input range the camera can easily be powered and charged from larger professional camera batteries and other power sources. Professional Connections
The connections on the side of the camera include a micro HDMI output with optional overlays for easy on set monitoring. You also get a standard mini jack microphone input that is compatible with common AV style microphones, plus a mini jack headphone socket for audio monitoring using headphones. A LANC control input is also included for remote operation, and you can power the camera and recharge the removable battery with the 12V DC input. Metadata Support
The Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera can record metadata such as automatic camera data and user data like shot numbers, custom filenames and keywords. A four-way directional control pad allows users to navigate the menus and enter metadata. Mounting Options
The Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera features a 1/4"-20 UNC threaded mounting point on the top and bottom of the camera. This enables any number of support configurations, from mounting the camera on a tripod and attaching accessories to car mounts, pole mounts and practically any type of set-up you can imagine. Other Features
The camera's FOCUS button turns on and off the peaking focus assist feature, and the IRIS button automatically adjusts the iris setting when used with a compatible lens. Other features include focus peaking display and 1:1 scale display. At the following Links; These Sandisk cards are among a very select band to be recommended for use with the Pocket Cinema Camera for RAW and ProRes capture.The X-Rite ColorChecker Classic (Not included, sold separately) is an indispensable tool for digital imaging professionals from camera set up to post. Recognised by DaVinci Resolve's Color Match Palette, a slate shot featuring the chip chart allows the grade to start with a known reference.For additional batteries and charger - Blackmagic Design PowerKit - LN69637 Features
• Effective Sensor Size: 12.48mm x 7.02mm
• Effective Resolution: 1920 x 1080
• Shooting Resolutions: Lossless CinemaDNG RAW and Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) at 1920 x 1080
• Frame Rates: 23.98p, 24p, 25p, 29.97p, 30p
• Dynamic Range: 13 stops
• Focus: Focus button turns on peaking.
• Iris Control: Iris button automatically adjusts the lens iris settings so no pixel is clipped in film mode. Scene average auto exposure in video mode.
• Lens Mount: Active MFT
• Screen Dimensions: 3.5" and 800 x 480 resolution.
• Screen Type: Integrated LCD.
• Metadata Support: Automatic camera data and user data such as shot number, filenames and keywords.
• Controls: 4 way directional controller for navigating menus and entering metadata. Push buttons for recording and transport control.
• Microphone: Integrated stereo microphone.
• Speaker: Integrated mono speaker.
• Mounting Options: 1 x 1/4"-20 UNC thread mounting point on top of camera. 1 x 1/4"-20 UNC thread tripod mount.Connections:
• HDMI Video Output: 1 x Micro HDMI Type D output.
• Analog Audio Input: 1 x 3.5mm stereo audio.
• Analog Audio Output: 1 x 3.5mm stereo jack headphone output.
• HDMI Audio Output: 2 channels 48 kHz and 24 bit.
• Remote Control: 1 x 2.5mm LANC for Rec Start/Stop, Iris Control and Focus.
• Computer Interface: USB 2.0 mini B port for software updates and configuration.Software Included:
DaVinci Resolve Lite grading software DVD for Mac OS X and Windows.Supported Software Applications:
Apple Final Cut Pro, Adobe After Effects, Nuke - The Foundry, Adobe Photoshop, DaVinci Resolve.Storage Features:
• Storage Type: Removable SDXC, SDHC cards.
• Storage Format: SD card can be formatted in either exFAT or HFS+
• Storage Rates: 220 Mbps using Apple ProRes 422 (HQ)
• Compressed Recording Formats: Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) in QuickTime MOV, lossless CinemaDNG RAW. Recording in 1920 x 1080 with choice of Film or Video Dynamic Range.What's included:
• Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera
• Wrist strap
• Turret Dust Cap
• 12V AC Adapter
• EN-EL20 Lithium Ion Removable/Rechargeable BatteryPlease note: The Black Magic Pocket Camera is not supplied with a lens.