DeckLink: The world's highest performance capture cards for Mac, Windows and Linux
PCIe capture and playback card with advanced 12G-SDI for working in SD, HD, Ultra HD and 4K DCI at up to 60 frames per second.
DeckLink capture and playback cards are used every day in the production of television commercials, music videos, episodic television programs and Hollywood feature films. With cutting edge technologies built in, you get the highest quality video and maximum reliability. No other capture cards support more applications and more platforms than DeckLink, so you can always work with your favorite software. Every DeckLink PCIe card can be installed in Mac, Windows and Linux based workstations and media servers to give you ultimate flexibility.
Get the latest 6G-SDI and 12G-SDI technology so you can capture and playback in full resolution Ultra HD video, while remaining fully compatible with all SD and HD-SDI equipment! That’s 4 times the resolution of regular 1080 HD video at a massive 3840 x 2160 image size! DeckLink SDI 4K and the DeckLink Studio 4K include 6G-SDI, while the advanced DeckLink 4K Pro and DeckLink 4K Extreme 12G include Dual Link 12G-SDI connections for higher color resolution, dual stream 3D stereoscopic support and frame rates up to Ultra HD 60p! The DeckLink 4K Pro and DeckLink 4K Extreme 12G are the perfect choice for DaVinci Resolve editing and color correction.
Perfect for Post Production: SD, HD, 3D and Ultra HD.
Work with any video format and resolution that you need! Capture from cameras, decks and live feeds directly into editing, effects and design software applications. DeckLink Studio 4K and DeckLink SDI 4K feature high resolution Ultra HD, while DeckLink 4K Extreme 12G and DeckLink 4K Pro also includes dual link 12G-SDI, 2160p60 support, 4:4:4 image quality, 3D stereoscopic for advanced feature film visual effects, editing and color correction. There are DeckLink models to support either file or tape based workflows to precisely deliver perfect monitoring in editing and grading suites using professional SDI monitors, HDMI televisions and even video projectors.
Highest Quality Connections
Every DeckLink card features the highest quality connections so you get pristine video and audio quality and can connect to the widest range of professional SDI equipment. DeckLink 4K Extreme 12G includes Dual Link 12G-SDI, HDMI 4K, analog video, as well as 2 channels of AES/EBU audio and 2 channels of balanced analog audio in and out. DeckLink Studio 4K includes 6G-SDI, HDMI 1.4b, analog component, S-Video, composite video, 2 channels of AES/EBU audio and 4 channels of balanced analog audio in and out. You also get a down converted SD output. DeckLink SDI 4K is perfect for high quality 10 bit SDI use only. All models include black burst/tri-sync reference and serial deck control. All DeckLink 4K models switch between SD and HD and Ultra HD, while the advanced DeckLink 4K Extreme 12G and DeckLink 4K Pro support DCI 4K and other high frame rate feature film formats.
DeckLink lets you work with compressed video formats such as ProRes and DNxHD as well as 10-bit uncompressed video. When working with uncompressed, all images are a mathematically perfect pixel-for-pixel clone of the source, without any generational loss, so you have the confidence you’re working at the absolute highest quality possible. Get sharper keying with green screens, cleaner compositions, superior color correction and more! Should you need to use compression, support for industry leading file formats ensures that you can maintain the highest quality throughout post production.
Use Your Favorite Software: DeckLink cards work with the software you love to use.
Mac OS X
No other capture and playback cards are supported by more software applications for Mac OS X. Get drivers that work with fantastic editing software such as Avid Media Composer, Final Cut Pro X, Premiere Pro CC, Symphony and News Cutter. For visual effects get full compatibility with Fusion, After Effects CC and Photoshop CC. For audio get compatibility with ProTools, Nuendo and Cubase. For streaming use Flash Media Encoder, Wirecast, Livestream Procaster.
For Windows you get access to a massive range of software because DeckLink supports WDM, DirectShow and QuickTime! For editing you can use Avid Media Composer, Avid News Cutter, Premiere Pro, Sony Vegas Pro, Corel VideoStudio, CyberLink Power Director and MAGIX Video Pro. For visual effects use Fusion, After Effects CC and Photoshop CC. Audio software supported includes Steinberg Nuendo and Cubase. When streaming you get compatibility with Flash Media Encoder, Xsplit Broadcaster, Wirecast and Livestream Procaster.
DeckLink cards are open standard capture cards and are perfect for the development of Linux based video applications. The availability of a free, well documented SDK makes it easy for you to develop specific solutions to meet your needs, or to work with solutions that have been developed by others. Blackmagic’s Design Media Express is also available for capture and playback when using DeckLink with Linux operating systems.
Select Your Favorite Model
There’s a perfect DeckLink model for every job! The high performance DeckLink 4K Extreme 12G and DeckLink 4K Pro features the latest advanced 12G technology for Ultra HD running at a massive 60 frames a second with separate fill and key links, Dual Link multi rate 12G-SDI, HDMI 4K, 4:4:4, stereoscopic 3D and super fast 8 lane PCIe Gen 2. DeckLink Studio 4K is great when you need lots of analog connections as well as multi rate 6G-SDI connections and DeckLink SDI is the perfect SDI only design with multi rate 6G-SDI connections. All these models of the DeckLink 4K family support capture and playback of SD, HD or Ultra HD video with support for embedded SDI audio so you get full compatibly with all your equipment!
DeckLink 4K Pro is a high performance PCIe capture and playback card with advanced 12G-SDI for working with the latest high frame rate Ultra HD and DCI 4K formats at up to 60 frames per second! Ideal for both traditional 2D and high end 3D stereoscopic workflows, you get support for full resolution, deep color YUV and 12-bit RGB 4:4:4 images. DeckLink 4K Pro features two multi rate 12G-SDI inputs and outputs with support for 16 channels of embedded audio, along with a connection for reference input. Because the connections are multi rate, it works with virtually every SD, HD, Ultra HD and 4K format. DeckLink 4K Pro is perfect for high end film, television, and commercial editing, visual effects, and color grading projects.
• High performance PCIe capture and playback card with advanced 12G-SDI for working with the latest high frame rate Ultra HD and DCI 4K formats at up to 60 frames per second
• Ideal for both traditional 2D and high end 3D stereoscopic workflows, you get support for full resolution, deep colour YUV and 12-bit RGB 4:4:4 images
• Features two multi rate 12G-SDI inputs and outputs with support for 16 channels of embedded audio, along with a connection for reference input
• Multi rate connections - works with virtually every SD, HD, Ultra HD and 4K format
• Perfect for high end film, television and commercial editing, visual effects, and colour grading projects
• SDI Video Input: 2 x 12Gb/s SD/HD/2K/4K. Supports single link and dual link 4:2:2/4:4:4.
• SDI Video Output: 2 x 12Gb/s SD/HD/2K/4K. Supports single link and dual link 4:2:2/4:4:4.
• SDI Audio Input: 16 Channels embedded in SD/HD/2K/4K.
• SDI Audio Output: 16 Channels embedded in SD/HD/2K/4K.
• Sync Input: Black burst in SD, 720p50, 720p59.94, 1080i50 and 1080i59.94 formats or Tri-Sync in any HD format.
• Computer Interface: PCI Express 8 lane generation 2, compatible with 8 and 16 lane PCIe Slots.
• Supports: AVC-Intra, AVCHD, Canon XF MPEG2, Digital SLR, DV-NTSC, DV-PAL, DVCPRO50, DVCPROHD, DPX, HDV, XDCAM EX, XDCAM HD, XDCAM HD422, Apple ProRes 4444, Apple ProRes 422 (HQ), Apple ProRes 422, Apple ProRes (LT), Apple ProRes 422 (Proxy), Uncompressed 8-bit 4:2:2, Uncompressed 10-bit 4:2:2, Uncompressed 10-bit 4:4:4.
• Software Included: Media Express, Disk Speed Test, LiveKey, Blackmagic Desktop Video and Blackmagic driver on Mac OS X. Media Express, Disk Speed Test, LiveKey, Blackmagic Desktop Video and Blackmagic driver on Windows 7 and Windows 8. Media Express, Blackmagic Desktop Video and Blackmagic driver on Linux.
• Internal Software Upgrade: Firmware built into software driver. Loaded at system start or via updater software.
• Physical Installation: PCI Express 8 lane generation 2, compatible with 8, 16 lane PCI Express slots on Mac OS X, Windows and Linux. Please check the Support pages to see the full system requirements.
• Final Cut Pro X
• Premiere Pro CC
• Avid Media Composer
• After Effects CC
• Avid Pro Tools
• Steinberg Cubase
• Autodesk Smoke
• Photoshop CC
• Other supported applications include: Nuke, Steinberg Nuendo, Avid Symphony, Avid News Cutter, Tools On Air just:in & live:cut & just:play & just:live, Softron OnTheAir, MovieRecorder and OnTheAir CG, Flash Media Live Encoder, Wirecast, Livestream Procaster, Resolume Avenue 4, Sony Vegas Pro, Corel VideoStudio Pro X4, CyberLink Power Director, MAGIX Video Pro X4, Vidblaster Pro & Studio & Broadcast, Uniplay, Playbox AirBox, CasparCG, Magicsoft CG, Xsplit Broadcaster, Imagine Communications Velocity & InfoCaster.
• SD Format Support: 525/29.97 NTSC, 625/25 PAL.
• HD Format Support: 1280 x 720p50, 1280 x 720p59.94, 1280 x 720p60, 1920 x 1080i50, 1920 x 1080i59.94, 1920 x 1080i60, 1920 x 1080PsF23.98, 1920 x 1080PsF24, 1920 x 1080PsF25, 1920 x 1080PsF29.97, 1920 x 1080PsF30, 1920 x 1080p23.98, 1920 x 1080p24, 1920 x 1080p25, 1920 x 1080p29.97, 1920 x 1080p30, 1920 x 1080p50, 1920 x 1080p59.94, 1920 x 1080p60.
• 2K Format Support: 2048 x 1080PsF23.98, 2048 x 1080PsF24, 2048 x 1080PsF25, 2048 x 1080p23.98, 2048 x 1080p24, 2048 x 1080p25.
• 4K Format Support: 3840 x 2160p23.98, 3840 x 2160p24, 3840 x 2160p25, 3840 x 2160p29.97, 3840 x 2160p30, 3840 x 2160p50, 3840 x 2160p59.94, 3840 x 2160p60, 4096 x 2160p23.98, 4096 x 2160p24, 4096 x 2160p25.
• SDI Compliance: SMPTE 259M, SMPTE 292M, SMPTE 296M SMPTE 372M, SMPTE 425M Level A and Level B, ITU-R BT.656 and ITU-R BT.601.
• SDI Metadata Support: VITC read for 3:2 pulldown removal. VANC capture and playback using up to 3 lines of video in file. HD RP188. Closed captioning.
• Audio Sampling: Television standard sample rate of 48 kHz at 24-bit.
• SDI Video Sampling: 4:2:2, 4:4:4 and 4:4:4:4
• SDI Color Precision: 8, 10-bit YUV 4:2:2 and 8, 10, 12-bit RGB 4:4:4 in HD, 2K and 4K
• Color Space: REC 601, REC 709
• Multiple Rate Support: SDI video connections are switchable between SD/HD/2K and 4K.
• Colorspace Conversion: Hardware based real time on output.
• 3D Processing: Left eye/right eye dual stream capture & playback.
• Ultra HD to HD Down Conversion: Built in, high quality hardware down converter outputs Ultra HD to HD or HD to SD down converted signal on SDI B. Down converted SD selectable between letterbox, anamorphic 16:9 and center cut 4:3 styles.
• HD Up Conversion: Built in, high quality hardware up conversion from SD to 720HD or 1080HD on playback. Selectable between 4:3 pillarbox, 14:9 zoom and 16:9 zoom.
• HD Cross Conversion: Built-in, high quality hardware cross conversion from 720HD to 1080HD, 1080HD to 720HD on playback.
• Real Time Effects: Final Cut Pro X internal effects. Premiere Pro CC Mercury Playback Engine effects. Avid Media Composer internal effects. DaVinci Resolve.
• 160mm Card Length
• Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks, Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite or later.
• Windows 7 or Windows 8.
• EMC, UL, FCC, CE, C-Tick and KCC.
• Operating Temperature: 5° to 40° C (41° to 104° F)
• Storage Temperature: -20° to 45° C (-4° to 113° F)
• Relative Humidity: 0% to 90% non-condensing
• DeckLink 4K Pro
• Software SD Card
• 3 Year Limited Manufacturer's Warranty.
Find Similar Products
Find similar products with the same specifications as Blackmagic Design DeckLink 4K Pro - High Performance PCIe Capture + Playback Card with Advanced 12G-SDI for PC/Mac/Linux . Please choose from the list below.