Get all the connections, processing and quality of the Teranex 2D model but with added dual link SD/HD and 3 Gb/s SDI and HDMI 3D inputs and outputs for dual stream 3D conversions and Dual Link 4:4:4 quality conversions. Get the same amazing processing features plus 3D features such as 3D dual stream processing, conversion between 3D formats, patent pending 3D simulation and 3D camera rig alignment.
With the Teranex 3D processor, you can connect both left and right eye feeds and perform high quality de- interlacing, up conversion, down conversion, SD and HD cross/standards conversion, automatic cadence detection, removal and correction, even adjustable scaling and aspect ratio conversion on both eye channels at the same time! When capturing via a Thunderbolt port you get support for capture and playback of two independent video files for each eye, as well as full support for 3D capable NLE software!
The world’s leading standards converter lets you move between hundreds of video formats instantly!
Teranex is the world renowned standards convertor with incredible virtually transparent quality! Broadcast masters are converted with full quality allowing worldwide distribution. Teranex is perfect for live production and, with the built-in Thunderbolt™ port, can also be used for cleaning and converting content for authoring as well as video capture and playback for editing, design and effects! Teranex is the perfect video converter, standards converter and capture and playback tool all in one!
Teranex simply provides more conversion than any other solution. It includes extremely high quality de-interlacing, up conversion, down conversion, SD and HD cross/standards conversion, automatic cadence detection and removal even with edited content, noise reduction, adjustable scaling and aspect ratio conversion. All with full timecode and multi-channel audio conversion. Also includes 3D dual channel conversion, patent pending 3D simulation and 3D camera rig alignment!
With the ability to convert from virtually any television format to any other television format at the highest quality, Teranex has hundreds of uses in any broadcast and post production facility. Use Teranex for general conversion as well as protecting decks, transmitters/encoders and switchers from video standards they don’t support simply by installing Teranex before the video input! Add Teranex into OB vehicles to synchronize and convert video feeds, even in 3D!
Advanced SIMD technology developed and patented by Teranex allows instant calculations on thousands of pixels simultaneously in X, Y positions and between video frames, so you get true super computer imaging power. Processing is applied within the frame and between frames all at the same time, so you get better de-interlacing, inter-frame interpolation and noise reduction. This is why Teranex conversions are indistinguishable from the original master!
Advanced Processing Power
Teranex 2D and 3D Processors feature patented processing technology for the highest quality conversion between video standards, frame rates and resolutions. The incredible power of Teranex processing includes; Up Conversion, Down Conversion, SD/HD Cross Conversion, SD/HD Standards Conversion, Cadence Detect and Remove, Noise Reduction, Adjustable Scaling, Aspect Radio Conversion, Smart Aspect, Converts Timecode, Includes 16 Channel Audio, 3D Camera Align, 3D Dual Channel Standards Conversion, 3D Simulation.
When working in high end formats such as 4:4:4 and 3D, the Teranex 3D Processor includes dual SD/HD and 3 Gb/s SDI input and output for dual link 4:4:4 as well as single link 3 Gb/s SDI 4:4:4. The dual channels also allow true full resolution left and right eye 3D processing where both eyes are converted at the same time in perfect sync! When running true full resolution dual stream 3D, the HDMI connection and Thunderbolt capture and playback support dual stream 3D via the single cable.
Teranex's legendary processing is so well known it has been mandated by film studios and broadcast networks for content conversion and distribution.
Dual Stream 3D
With the Teranex 3D Processor you get full resolution dual stream 3D format and frame-rate conversion. Plus you can convert 2D content into 3D!
Convert and Capture
Teranex Processors feature a built-in Thunderbolt connection so you can simultaneously convert video formats and capture files into a computer for editing and more!
Blackmagic UltraScope is included free with Teranex Processors so you can measure your video signal levels with a Thunderbolt connected computer.
• SDI Video Input - 2 x 10-bit SD, HD, 3Gb/s HD and 2K switchable. Usable as dual link HD-SDI for 4:2:2 or 4:4:4 connection or 3 Gb/s for HD-SDI 4:4:4 or 2K. Also usable for dual stream 3D HD-SDI.
• SDI Video Loop - 2 x reclocked 10-bit SD, HD, 3Gb/s HD and 2K switchable.
• SDI Video Output - 2 x 10-bit SD, HD, 3Gb/s HD and 2K switchable. Usable as dual link HD-SDI for 4:2:2 or 4:4:4 connection or 3 Gb/s for HD-SDI 4:4:4 or 2K. Also usable for dual stream 3D HD-SDI.
• Analog Video Input - 1 x Component YUV on 3 BNCs switchable to Composite. Component supports HD and SD.
• Analog Video Output - 1 x Component YUV on 3 BNCs switchable to Composite. Component supports HD and SD.
• HDMI Video Input - 1 x HDMI type A connector including 3D frame packing support
• HDMI Video Output - 1 x HDMI type A connector including 3D frame packing support
• Analog Audio Input - 4 x inputs of professional balanced analog audio on DB-25 for 4 audio channels. Pinout compatible with Yamaha™, Mackie™, Sony™ and Apogee™ connectors.
2 x inputs of unbalanced analog audio on RCA connectors for consumer equipment.
• Analog Audio Output - 4 x outputs of professional balanced analog audio on DB-25 for 4 audio channels. Pinout compatible with Yamaha™, Mackie™, Sony™ and Apogee™ connectors.
• AES/EBU Audio Input - 8 x inputs on DB-25 for 8 audio channels. Sample rate converted. Pinout compatible with Yamaha™, Mackie™, Sony™ and Apogee™ connectors
• AES/EBU Audio Output - 8 x outputs on DB-25 for 8 audio channels. Pinout compatible with Yamaha™, Mackie™, Sony™ and Apogee™ connectors
• SDI Audio Input - 16 channels in SD, HD and 2K. (16 channels in HD and 2K, and 8 channels in SD for capture via Thunderbolt port)
• SDI Audio Output - 16 channels in SD, HD and 2K. (16 channels in HD and 2K, and 8 channels in SD for playback via Thunderbolt port)
• HDMI Audio Input - 8 Channels
• HDMI Audio Output - 8 Channels
• Dolby Support Built-In - Dolby® E/AC-3 pass through with same frame rates
• Dolby Support Optional - Dolby® E/AC-3 support in frame rate conversions with the optional Dolby® E/AC-3 decode and encode modules. Dolby metadata support using RS-485 on DB-9.
• Multi Rate Support - SDI and component analog video connections are switchable between standard definition and high definition. SDI switches between 270 Mb/s standard definition SDI, 1.5 Gb/s HD-SDI and 3 Gb/s HD and 2K SDI. HDMI connections are switchable between standard definition, high definition and 3D high definition with frame packing.
• Sync Input - Blackburst in SD or TriSync HD.
• Device Control - Sony™ compatible RS-422 deck control port. Serial ports TxRx direction-reversible under software control.
• Computer Interface - >Thunderbolt port for capture and playback of video and audio.
USB 2.0 mini B port for software updates and configuration.
• Processor Interface - Illuminated pushbuttons, status LEDs and LCD with easy onscreen menus.
• Power - 2 x built-in international AC power supplies with IEC C14 inlets for failover redundancy. 120-240V, 50-60Hz.
• SD Format Support - 625/25 PAL, 525/29.97 NTSC and 525/23.98 NTSC.
• HD Format Support - 720p50, 720p59.94, 1080PsF23.98, 1080p23.98, 1080PsF24, 1080p24, 1080PsF25, 1080p25, 1080PsF29.97, 1080p29.97, 1080i50, 1080p50, 1080i59.94 and 1080p59.94.
• 2K Format Support - 2048 x 1080PsF23.98, 2048 x 1080p23.98, 2048 x 1080PsF24 and 2048 x 1080p24, 2048 x 1080PsF25 and 2048 x 1080p25, 2048 x 1080PsF29.97 and 2048 x 1080p29.97.
2048 x 1556PsF23.98, 2048 x 1556p23.98, 2048 x 1556PsF24, 2048 x 1556p24, 2048 x 1556PsF25 and 2048 x 1556p25.
• SDI Compliance - SMPTE 259M, SMPTE 292M, SMPTE 296M, SMPTE 372M, SMPTE 425M
• SDI Metadata Support - VITC support, SMPTE 12M. Video indexing support including WSS, RP186 and AFD, SMPTE 2016. Closed captioning support for conversions to and from 608 and 708, SMPTE 334M. (Capture and playback via Thunderbolt port supports RP188, VANC using up to 3 lines of video in file including closed captioning.)
• Audio Sampling - Television standard sample rate of 48 kHz and 24-bit
• Video Sampling - 4:2:2 and 4:4:4 SDI switchable
• Color Precision - 10-bit
• Color Space - REC 601, REC 709
• HD-SDI 3D Support - Top and bottom, side by side, dual stream
• HDMI Configuration - HDMI automatically configures to connected display.
• HDMI Resolution - Pixel for pixel HD resolution input to connected device.
• HDMI 3D Support - Top and bottom, side by side, frame packing.
• SDI Format Support - 525 NTSC, 625 PAL, 720HD, 1080HD, 2K 2048 x 1080 and 2K 2048 x 1556 switchable.
• Analog Format Support - 525 NTSC, 625 PAL, 720HD and 1080HD switchable.
• Analog Component - NTSC/PAL 10-bit and 16x Over-sampled Output.
• HD 10-bit and 4x Over-sampled Output.
• Analog Composite - NTSC/PAL 10-bit and 16x Over-sampled Output.
• HDMI Color Precision - 4:2:2 10-bit
• Copy Protection - HDMI input is unable to capture from copy protected HDMI sources. Always confirm copyright ownership before capture or distribution of content.
• Colorspace Conversion - Hardware based real time.
• Format Conversion - Real time up conversion, down conversion, cross conversion and SD/HD standards conversion on capture. All conversions are also available on 3D formats.
• Aspect Ratio Conversion - Real time variable and fixed aspect ratio conversion including proprietary “SMART” aspect.
• Real Time Video Processing - Includes noise reduction, cadence detection with insertion/removal and cadence correction, scene cut detection, color correction, and proc amp control.
• Real Time 3D Processing - 3D synchronization, patent pending 2D to 3D simulation and 3D camera align.
• Real Time Effects during playback on a computer with Thunderbolt™ technology - Apple Final Cut Pro™ internal effects. Adobe® Premiere Pro® Mercury Playback Engine effects. Avid Media Composer 6™ internal effects.
Blackmagic Drivers Extra
• Software Included - Desktop Video software installs Media Express, Disk Speed Test, LiveKey, Blackmagic system preferences and Blackmagic driver for video capture and playback via the converter’s Thunderbolt port.
Blackmagic UltraScope software for waveform monitoring from the converter’s Thunderbolt port.
• Installation - Connected via a Thunderbolt cable (not included) to computers with Thunderbolt technology for video capture and playback.
• Convert, Capture and Playback
• Dual Stream 3D
• Built-in Thunderbolt™ port
• Perform broadcast quality processing including:
• De- interlacing
• Up conversion / down conversion
• SD and HD cross/standards conversion
• Automatic cadence detection, removal and correction
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 12 months
Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 1 days
- RTB Period:
- 12 months
Manufacturer Contact Details