Bitwig 8-Track To Studio Upgrade
Bitwig Studio is dynamic software for creation and performance of your musical ideas on stage or in the studio.
Discover the new standard in customized workflow. Bitwig Studio inspires you to take greater control of your music, giving you access to every aspect of your production. Streamline your creative process and quickly evolve your ideas into complete songs, tracks and compositions.
Record and arrange, improvise and perform, or do it all at once. Choose between several display profiles. Design your own sounds with dedicated container devices. Combine built-in instruments, effects, and VST plug-ins. Bitwig Studio’s unified mapping system allows you to modulate any device or VST parameter using macro controls and modulator devices.
Explore a world of creative possibilities, including audio and note expressions, histogram-based value editing, layered editing, extensive bounce-in-place functions, automatic slicing, smart controller integration, and the Open Controller Scripting API. Every feature in Bitwig Studio was developed by musicians, for musicians. Welcome to the next generation of music creation and performance software for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux.
All for one, one for all
The next generation of software for sound and music creation is available on all three major platforms: Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux. Produce, share, and collaborate from completely different machines. When it comes to which operating system you wish to use with Bitwig Studio, the choice is yours.
Features Integrated User Interface
• Customized workflow to match any style.
• Today it’s possible to make music with any DAW. What sets each one apart is workflow, how quickly you can realize your ideas, and the freedom to choose how you produce and perform. In Bitwig Studio, use the Clip Launcher alongside your arrangement to draft your song‘s layout on the fly, or use it exclusively as a performance tool.
• This is one of many features that demonstrates Bitwig Studio’s seamless integration of multiple views into your workflow as needed, the way you want it.
• Damage control.
• Never again will a single plugin take down your entire project. The “sandboxing” feature built-in to Bitwig Studio ensures plug-in crashes will not interrupt valuable production time, or better yet, your performance on stage. Choose 32-bit, 64-bit, or choose both. No third-party bridging is necessary to run your favorite plugins side-by-side. Bitwig Studio protects your workflow while efficiently running your VSTs for non-stop creativity.
Unified Modulation System
• Modulation redefined.
• Modulating one parameter from the next often means losing hands-on control – until now. Bitwig Studio is hard-coded with a Unified Modulation System, allowing you to easily link any device parameter, including nested internal devices and VST plug-ins, without losing hands-on control. Never before has modulating virtually any parameter between devices been so simple. Nothing is locked, so you can manipulate on the fly to find the perfect range of modulation. Make your devices take on a life of their own, create dynamic relationships between sounds, and hear your music begin to
Open Multiple Projects
• Limited to one idea? Think again.
• The bassline from your last session could be the missing piece of your current project. The rhythm section in your latest song carries perfectly over to the next. No need to close anything or dig through complex file structures. With Bitwig Studio, open multiple projects at the same time and drag-and-drop between them.
Open Controller API
• Control scripting with ease.
• “Smart controller“ takes on a new meaning in Bitwig Studio. Freely edit existing control scripts direct from the companies that design your controllers, or create your own. Get the most out of your gear with hands-on control of the parameters that mean the most to you, and take full advantage of every pad, knob, button, and key at your fingertips.
• Your limitless creative space.
• The Detail Editor optimizes audio editing by allowing you to perform non-destructive edits within a clip. This allows you to stretch, split, pitch, pan, copy, reverse, add, move and re-arrange audio as you choose. Edit multiple tracks in the same view, notes using audio as a reference, isolate your view to one clip or expand it to see the everything in the entire track.
Per Note Expressions
• Notes are not created equal.
• Note Expressions are parameters that can be set for each individual note, such as Velocity, Gain, Pan, and Timbre. Many of these parameters can change over the course of the note, making them like specialized automation curves. One note expression can be edited at a time, and you pick which expression to view by clicking its name in from the list below the Note Editor.
• A device in a device in a device in a device...
• Device Nesting is a powerful feature for sound design with any combination of Bitwig devices and VST plugins in Bitwig Studio. From Container Devices to FX slots, virtually anywhere you imagine another device could go, it probably will. Nesting Devices means that you can place a device in a device in a device... theoretically, this can go on forever. However, there many cases where this technology is extremely useful. A Container Device is a simple example of nesting. For a more complex and detailed example, check out Cristian Vogel's "Deep Freeze" to see how far the rabbit hole goes.
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
Warranty information has not yet been updated for this product. For further information please call 0871 472 4747 or 01204 474747.