Big Knob Studio Monitor Controller and 2 x 2 USB Audio Interface
Big Knob Studio Monitor Controller and 2 x 2 USB Audio Interface, Analogue Volume ~Control, Onyx Mic Preamps
Big Knob Series - Always In Touch
Now with three products in the Big Knob lineup, studios of any size will benefit from the professional source/monitor selection and precise level control that made the original such a popular choice. Plus, with the addition of high-resolution Onyx™ USB recording and playback, studios get a powerful, hybrid solution that is truly greater than the sum of its parts.
Mackie Big Knob Studio combines premium 96khz/24-bit recording with the proven performance of the world's bestselling monitor controller. Capture world-class recordings via dual Onyx™ preamps and professional studio features like zero-latency overdubbing and built-in talkback for artist communication. Easily select from three sources, including USB playback from your DAW and switch between two pairs of studio monitors. Only Big Knob Studio ensures balanced listening levels, offering independent gain trim on all inputs and outputs. Two separate headphone outs are available, each with separate level control. Plus, there's even a handy front-panel input for your smartphone. Big Knob Studio is the ultimate compact studio solution - just add monitors. Features • Professional source and monitor selection.
• Choose between 3 sources and 2 monitor pairs.
• Classic Big Knob volume control.
• Independent trim on all sources and monitor outs.
• Mono, mute and dim functions.
• Flexible 2x2 USB recording interface.
• Two boutique-quality Onyx mic preamps including phantom power for condenser microphones.
• High-resolution 96kHz 1 24-bit recording and playback.
• Cue mix allows controlled blending of direct inputs with other signals for zero-latency recording.
• Choice of recording paths provide flexibility for applications like podcasting.
• Comprehensive feature set for professional studios.
• Flexible source connections including convenient 1/8" input for your smartphone.
• Dual headphone outs with independent level control.
• Built-in talkback mic for easy communication with artists.
• 16-segment high-resolution input source metering.
• Sturdy "Built-Like-A-Tank" design.
• Compatible with all major DAWs on both Mac and Windows.
• Includes [email protected] recording software.
|Computer Interface Type||USB 2|
|Analogue Inputs (Total)||2|
|Analogue Outputs (Total)||2|
|Mic Preamps (Max)||2|
|Instrument Inputs (Max)||4|
|Sample Rate (Max)||192 kHz|
|Dynamic Range||n/a dB|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 12 months
- Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- RTB Period:
- 12 months
- Scan Computers International Limited
Date Issued: 21st Oct 2008
You've probably read the USB Tekspek, and perhaps your intrigue, or product interest, has lead you to look up Firewire as well. The two are similar in some respects, particularly some of the products that use the two technologies. However, Firewire has its differences, which means it has both benefits and drawback when compared to USB. This Tekspek will look at Firewire and also look at it with respect to USB.
Date Issued: 21st Oct 2008
In computing terms, system buses are used to connect various components to the motherboard’s core logic and, often, to each other. Modern PCs run with a multitude of high-speed buses ranging from the interconnects between, say, the chipset and the CPU, graphics card, memory, and peripherals.
Date Issued: 14th Jul 2008
This TekSpek explains the essentials required to run a 64-bit operating system and native 64-bit applications on a modern 64-bit capable PC system.
Date Issued: 25th Jun 2008
Updating drivers can sometimes be a bit of a gamble. Will the drivers come with an installer? Will you need to uninstall the old drivers first? Many drivers these days do come with an installer, which simplifies the process dramatically.