What is Artist Control?
Artist Control is a compact 4-fader control surface with a built in touchscreen that offers unmatched integration and programmability to accelerate editing and mixing tasks in any EUCON-enabled audio or video application. Speed up and enhance your workflow with functionality far beyond what a mouse and keyboard can provide, so you can focus on being creative.
Take control with EUCON
With Artist Control, you gain deep, integrated control over your favorite creative applications, such as Pro Tools, Media Composer, Logic, Nuendo, Cubase, Maestro, and more. EUCON carries high-resolution control information for faders, knobs, displays, and more between Artist Control and whatever application is in focus on your computer. This enables you to quickly switch between multiple applications—and even workstations—at the touch of a button, with all controls and displays automatically matching the selected application.
• High-resolution, High-Speed Control - With 8x the resolution and 250x the speed of MIDI, EUCON gives you powerful, highly responsive tactile control that feels like mixing on a professional mixing console
• Work with multiple applications - Speed up modern, multi-app workflows with seamless app switching—Artist Control instantly adapts to your current app. You can even lock parts of the surface to one app while using the rest to switch between apps—perfect for monitor and/or transport controls.
• Control multiple workstations - Access any workstation running EUCON-enabled software on your extended network, with keyboard and mouse commands automatically forwarded to the selected workstation—ideal for multi-workstation workflows and facilities with machine rooms.
• Customize for your needs - Connect multiple Artist Series controllers to function as one extended control surface or use them independently, and customize the controls to meet your needs. Set control sensitivity, lock fader channels to session tracks as "Layouts" that save with the project, and more.
• Future proof - Avid continues to develop EUCON, making it easy for development partners to add new features and functionality to your favorite software through updates. EUCON even supports HUI and Mackie Control protocols for even greater flexibility.
Take control with the touchscreen
With the touchscreen interface, you get comprehensive visibility and quick control over your project. Not only can you view top-level information such as track names/numbers, metering (from mono to 5.1 surround data), fader/pan values, and automation modes, but you can also quickly access all of your plug-in and EQ parameters, trigger macro commands, perform surround panning, and much more. The high-resolution, LED-backlit display offers a wide viewing angle, bright graphics, and excellent color consistency.
Tracks view - Get instant and direct access to your project's audio tracks to quickly record arm, solo, mute, or select them for editing—without ever touching your mouse. Each track displays its current status, and up to 32 tracks can be displayed per page—simply page down or up to see more. This greatly speeds up working with large projects, and displayed tracks automatically match the colors assigned to them in your project.
Surround view - Perform surround directly from the touchscreen for supporting applications, including Pro Tools HD, Nuendo, Cubase, Logic Pro, and Soundtrack Pro.
Setup view - Assign the Monitor/Control Room knob to audio sources and destinations in applications that support this function, such as Avid Studio Monitor Express, which ships with Artist Control. You can also engage a talkback mic, dim/cut the control room volume, and cut monitor volume directly from the touchscreen.
Soft Keys view - Trigger application functions, keystroke shortcuts, and macro commands directly from the touchscreen to speed up your workflow and assign keyboard shortcuts to a single Soft Key. Assign various functions to the data wheel on the fly. Effortlessly navigate your application menus and more—all without your hands ever leaving the control surface. Artist Control displays 32 Soft Keys per page, but you can program as many Soft Keys as you want using the intuitive Soft Key Editor. To see more than 32 Soft Keys, simply page up/down or program Soft Keys to jump directly to specific pages to speed your navigation. Artist Control intelligently recognizes the current application—each application has an associated Application Set, which automatically loads the appropriate Soft Keys whenever you switch apps. Artist Control ships with preprogrammed Soft Keys for most popular audio and video applications, but you can easily create your own custom Soft Keys for your needs.
Quickly and easily navigate projects
With its ergonomic layout, Artist Control puts the data entry wheel and transport controls right at your fingertips for easy navigation
You can also assign functions to the data wheel—such as horizontal or vertical zoom, jog, shuttle, and more—for custom control. And use the Soft Keys to assign additional custom data wheel and transport functions for even greater flexibility in editing and navigating your project.
Mix with precision
Get accurate and smooth mixing control through four high-quality, motorized, touch-sensitive, 100mm long throw faders. Easily select tracks for editing just by touching the corresponding fader.
Use dedicated keys to bank tracks (four at a time) or nudge tracks (one at a time) to quickly navigate through projects. You can even lock individual tracks to faders and store them as Layouts (up to 48 per project). Layouts are saved with your project for easy recall, making mixing large projects a breeze. Save multiple Layouts to mix drums, keyboards,guitars, and so on, or just lock a fader to act as a master fader.
Customize your control surface
Because Artist Series controllers are modular, you can combine them in a variety of configurations to suit your workflow. Customize your Artist Series system with up to one Artist Control, four Artist Mixes, one Artist Transport, and one Artist Color for total flexibility—up to 36 faders total. Simply clip the units together to form a seamless surface—or use them separately—as each has its own Ethernet connection.
• View and access top-level information, track record arm/solo/ mute/select commands, Soft Keys, surround panning, and more using the customizable LED-backlit touchscreen
• Trigger keyboard shortcuts, macro commands, and more through unlimited programmable touchscreen Soft Keys and 12 physical Soft Keys
• Get highly responsive control through high-speed Ethernet connectivity...
• 4 touch-sensitive 100mm long throw motorized faders
• 8 touch-sensitive rotary encoders
• Data wheel and transport controls with modifier keys to assign wheel function
• Dedicated monitor/control room level and talkback mic controls
• Footswitch jack to punch in and out of recording
• Supports EUCON, HUI, and Mackie Control protocols
• Controls multiple applications and workstations
• Slim, compact design for easy studio integration and portability
• Dedicated Record/Automation, Select/Assign, Shift, track navigation, and Application/Workstation change key
Find Similar Products
Find similar products with the same specifications as Avid Artist Series Control v2 - 4-Fader Control Surface with Built-in Touchscreen for use with any EUCON-enabled App . Please choose from the list below.